jsawright

3A Regional: #5 Lawrenceburg (11-1) @ #4 Evansville Memorial (11-1)

11-1 #4 Evansville Memorial will host 11-1 #5 Lawrenceburg next Sat., 11/11 at 4:00pm CST for a IHSAA Regional Championship at Enlow Field.

LB has played two tough teams in sectionals in Brownstown and North Harrison along with a good regular season that seen them lose one game by one point to always tough East Central. Only thing I know about LB is they made it to state and they have a beast wrestler in Mason Parris...Im sure he is a beast in football as well.

Memorial comes off an impressive win over a good GS team and has suffered one loss to a very good Central team this year.

Memorial because they're at home- EM 33 LB 28

3 hours ago, titandad1971 said:

Does Lawrenceburg broadcast their road games? Video?

SEILocalSports.com broadcasts local games in SE Indiana. My guess is they’ll broadcast East Central/Evansville Central on Friday night. I’m not sure they’ll do Lburg. 

5 hours ago, titandad1971 said:

Does Lawrenceburg broadcast their road games? Video?

There is a fair chance the game would be on one of the following links:

https://livestream.com/etcsportsnetwork

https://livestream.com/seilocalsports

3 hours ago, navy80 said:

LB has played two tough teams in sectionals in Brownstown and North Harrison along with a good regular season that seen them lose one game by one point to always tough East Central. Only thing I know about LB is they made it to state and they have a beast wrestler in Mason Parris...Im sure he is a beast in football as well.

Memorial comes off an impressive win over a good GS team and has suffered one loss to a very good Central team this year.

Memorial because they're at home- EM 33 LB 28

They have more than one state finalist stud wrestler on the football team.

5 hours ago, TheLip2 said:

They have more than one state finalist stud wrestler on the football team.

Ruberg? I thought he graduated

3 hours ago, navy80 said:

Ruberg? I thought he graduated

Rolfes lost in the opening round at state last year. Nonetheless, he is a pretty good football player. I expect he'll have a great wrestling season too.

• Upvote 1

Which is the better group of Tigers?

I know very little about 2017 LBurg other than what I've read in recent threads. It seems they don't throw the ball much? I watched the 2016 team at state (from the comfort of my man cave) and they seemed to run it quite a bit. And I've not really seen much in regards to their defense. 

But what I do know is that Lindauer for Memorial is a special player and it's hard to imagine LB has seen a QB of his caliber this season. I'm not saying LB doesn't stand a chance, but if Memorial can hit on some big plays and get a lead like they did at GS, they could force LB into a game they aren't comfortable with. With that being said, they are the defending south champs for a reason. Whatever they've built their success on, it seems to work well. 

I'll wait to learn more before any kind of prediction. 

Lburg’s biggest weakness is their secondary. You can definitely throw the ball on then. Even when my Wildcats own “star” couldn’t beat them by themselves running the ball. You have to throw to beat them. 

22 hours ago, jhswildcat79aks said:

i watched lb online a against brownstown......offense looked similar to the ridge.

I think Coach Knigga "borrowed" a little bit of what he saw from us in semi-state last year. It's not exactly like ours with the spinning

and all of the misdirection, but the basic result is similar. When you get Mason Parris lead blocking for Hunter Privett, it's really hard to stop

them for less than 4 or 5. They can also throw some if they need to, they went 12 for 19 for 266 and 3 TDs against South Dearborn, which 

granted is probably weaker competition, but they still have the ability to throw and catch the ball.

As Mama73 says, we're happy to be at our true "home field" for only the third time all season.  For the Lawrenceburg fans making the drive on Saturday, remember that Evansville is on Central time.  Also, Enlow Field is located on the campus of Bosse High School., not at Memorial High School.  There is plenty of visitor seating on elevated bleachers on the east side of Enlow.  If that fills up, there is room to stand on concrete at field level.  As for parking, there is a large parking lot west of Enlow, between the stadium and Highway 41.  You enter that lot at the SW corner of Enlow from Washington Avenue near the intersection with Highway 41 and would walk around either the north or south side of the stadium to enter the visitor side.  There is also street parking in the surrounding neighborhoods north and east of the stadium and lots east of high school. 

FYI, Bosse HS is hosting a youth basketball tournament that morning/early afternoon, so street parking and the lot east of Enlow could be pretty full.  Enlow has recently had some renovations for a new track, so it looks a little different on the visitors' side now than what Google maps shows, but it is one of the better venues for HS football in SW Indiana from the fans' perspective.  I'm sure we'll have some good discussions about the match-ups and players as we get closer to Saturday...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best of luck to Coach K and the boys from the Burg!! I will be really disappointed if we do hear from STC at some point this week!!!

SATURDAY, NOV. 11
Sagarin Ratings ©Jeff Sagarin
Lawrenceburg (11-1) at Evansville Memorial (11-1)
GAME TIME: 4:00 pm CT, Enlow Field.
COACHES: Ryan Knigga, 61-22 in 7th year at Lawrenceburg. John Hurley, 70-53 in 10th year at Evansville Memorial.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Evansville Memorial, 80.01, 27th overall, 4th in Class 3A. Lawrenceburg, 71.08, 51st overall, 7th in Class 3A.
LAST OUTING: Lawrenceburg defeated North Harrison, 35-29. Evansville Memorial defeated Gibson Southern, 26-17.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Lawrenceburg 65-55, Evansville Memorial 66-54.
SERIES LAST 30 YEARS: Evansville Memorial, 2-0.
LAST MEETING: Evansville Memorial won, 1992, regional.
PREDICTION: Evansville Memorial, 35-28.

From John Herrell's website.  

• Like 1

It appears BOTH East Central and Lawrenceburg games will be on webcast. SEILocalSports.com and ETCSports will broadcast one or the other. It hasn't been decided who will do what. 

i can tell you now if LB has problems in their secondary this will be a long game for them. Memorial QB is legit and best in the conference. if he get going with his legs too.  Memorial wins this game.  Mem D is also very very stout against Run and Pass. 

I know LB is always a force.  just curious to see how LB matches up with Memorials athletes.  

DO NOT FALL ASLEEP ON THE RUNNING BACK HE WILL MAKE YOU PAY  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dan Jones said:

Memorial wins convincingly.

They're a daisy if they do.

7 hours ago, Von2Rov said:

Wish I could watch this one!  Avon/Center Grove will have to do...:17_v:

That wont be a contest, go on down to the VILLE and watch a good game!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Dan Jones said:

Memorial wins convincingly.

I sure as heck don't see that in the couple of hours of HUDL I've watched so far.  LB has some beasts...     

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tango said:

I sure as heck don't see that in the couple of hours of HUDL I've watched so far.  LB has some beasts...     

They certainly do.  Parris is likely as physically imposing as anyone left in the 3A playoffs.  LB plays a physical style of football that challenges anyone.

But Memorial's strength on offense is Lawrenceburg's weakness on defense.  And once Memorial gets ahead, forces LB to do something they don't want to do.  Throw on offense.  Throw in the travel factor and playing in Evansville and the advantage swings even stronger towards EM.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dan Jones said:

They certainly do.  Parris is likely as physically imposing as anyone left in the 3A playoffs.  LB plays a physical style of football that challenges anyone.

But Memorial's strength on offense is Lawrenceburg's weakness on defense.  And once Memorial gets ahead, forces LB to do something they don't want to do.  Throw on offense.  Throw in the travel factor and playing in Evansville and the advantage swings even stronger towards EM.

I can't disagree with anything you said there. 

Lawrenceburg does have some beasts, but the secondary has not been their strong suit up to this point.

I think Lawrenceburg will need to get pressure on the QB and generate some turnovers with their physical play on defense. Offensively, they will obviously need to control the ball and run the clock by generating consistent first downs and keep the Memorial QB and offense off the field. A bad weather forecast would be helpful, but this doesn't seem to be in play at this time. As stated above, not the ideal matchup for my Lawrenceburg Tigers.