Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
jsawright

3A Regional: #5 Lawrenceburg (11-1) @ #4 Evansville Memorial (11-1)

SEAL_63: I assume you were a player on the 2003 team?  I don't remember Lincoln having a weak O-line that year?  It was the following years that the line play fell flat, if I remember correctly.  What kind of play did you see that night?

The game:

Have you ever seen a blue tiger in the wild? The real tigers, the orange and black, will be heading down on a charter coach at 9:30a for their 8th road game of the year and 3rd straight road contest. The Orange and Black tigers know this road - they have been down it before...

After arriving in style, the Orange and Black will have a pre-game meal and then a walk-through at another field before heading into battle with the blue tigers over at Bosse. They will be led by not one, but two state finalist wrestlers and a slew of other outstanding physical specimens who will be eager to show the blue tigers that they will not go without a fight. For sure Lawrenceburg has an uphill battle, but win or lose - Memorial players will REMEMBER the Orange and  Black from Lawrenceburg when they wake up Sunday morning.

The tailgate:

Although we hail from the same town, I do not know the identity of the Stink Town Clown. 

If he reveals to me, I will be better able to see - if he drinks more than YOU or ME.

Although I do not know, I find it hard to believe, the Evansville crew will drink more than he.

For he who hails from the Whiskey City, has a tradition to uphold, to drink that Rye - the color of gold.

Not just BL's, but the hard stuff too, are you up to the task - to take on the Stink Town Crew?

Edited by TheLip2
  • Like 1

Gotta lean toward LBurg in this one. 

Can’t imagine that Memorial has seen the physical style of offense that the orange Tigers run at any point this year in the SIAC - and they run it well. They are very well coached.

If LBurg can contain Lindauer and keep him from extending plays with his legs and finding the open WR like he did last week against GS, they can have some success. 

Will be a dogfight in the trenches, but LBurg will prevail. 31-24. 

Edited by goRocks

28 minutes ago, TheLip2 said:

The tailgate:

are you up to the task - to take on the Stink Town Crew?

Is the Pope Catholic?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, TheLip2 said:

The game:

Have you ever seen a blue tiger in the wild? The real tigers, the orange and black, will be heading down on a charter coach at 9:30a for their 8th road game of the year and 3rd straight road contest. The Orange and Black tigers know this road - they have been down it before...

After arriving in style, the Orange and Black will have a pre-game meal and then a walk-through at another field before heading into battle with the blue tigers over at Bosse. They will be led by not one, but two state finalist wrestlers and a slew of other outstanding physical specimens who will be eager to show the blue tigers that they will not go without a fight. For sure Lawrenceburg has an uphill battle, but win or lose - Memorial players will REMEMBER the Orange and  Black from Lawrenceburg when they wake up Sunday morning.

The tailgate:

Although we hail from the same town, I do not know the identity of the Stink Town Clown. 

If he reveals to me, I will be better able to see - if he drinks more than YOU or ME.

Although I do not know, I find it hard to believe, the Evansville crew will drink more than he.

For he who hails from the Whiskey City, has a tradition to uphold, to drink that Rye - the color of gold.

Not just BL's, but the hard stuff too, are you up to the task - to take on the Stink Town Crew?

Is a frogs butt waterproof? 

6 hours ago, Big8A said:

SEAL_63: I assume you were a player on the 2003 team?  I don't remember Lincoln having a weak O-line that year?  It was the following years that the line play fell flat, if I remember correctly.  What kind of play did you see that night?

That line would of been Painters senior year and was anything but weak. Lot of lineman either quit or were not as talented years following but that was a pretty decent line that year. Experience, big, tough, and strong kids. Vieck made up for the drop in line play the following years.  

But we did get smacked in the trenches that night. idk how or why but it happened. We went up against a really good team that went head to head with Ohio's best and lost in OT to Roncalli in Semi.

Defense didn't help matters, either, but that team ran it down our throats.

I still think we were capable of beating them, just wasn't our night. 

We're infamous for blowing Saturday games after all. Happens almost every darn time.

Edited by Big8Football

1 hour ago, titandad1971 said:

Tigers by 4 scores.

LOL.  LB folks aren’t going to get that joke.

On 11/8/2017 at 10:28 AM, Lysander said:

Thanks...it will be a great evening.  I have tons of respect for both programs...excepting I still have some aches and pains from playing Stink Town just following WWII. 

I do still have a pretty awesome picture of me tackling Brian Way WAAAAAY back in the day from a Cincy Enquirer article (probably the only tackle I made in the game).

I .....  Second that emotion ...     lol

I predict a blue and white all catholic school semi state. Memorial has too many weapons to try and stop. Best of luck to the Blue and White Tigers! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If the passing defense is anything like last week's, Memorial's passing game will cause fits for Lawrenceburg.  Ultimately the Dude thinks match-up problems will be the reason for it.  And #43 will be a problem for Memorial.  That dude is a man among boys.  Should be a good game.  Best of luck to Memorial.  #SIACFB #812FB

Edited by Lebowski
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

East Central 21 Evansville Central 0 at halftime. Does the first half dominance by East Central strengthen the case for a Lawrenceburg win tomorrow? No doubt pass defense is not a L'burg strong suit, but I would say L'burg is every bit as physical as EC.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheLip2 said:

East Central 21 Evansville Central 0 at halftime. Does the first half dominance by East Central strengthen the case for a Lawrenceburg win tomorrow? No doubt pass defense is not a L'burg strong suit, but I would say L'burg is every bit as physical as EC.

Memorial is more disciplined and no stranger to the situation so dont expect the same results as this.

• Upvote 1

Edited by SR1
wrong place

11 minutes ago, TheLip2 said:

Central and Memorial are quite different, offense especially. LB's offense should still give them fits but probably won't be like this Central vs. East Central game

1 hour ago, TheLip2 said:

No.

1 minute ago, TurntTigers said:

Where is stink town???????

Good question, I wondered the same.

Memorial wins 35-21 and moves on to play Danville next week.  Road trip to Indy

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but is this being webstreamed, video and where?

15 hours ago, TheLip2 said:

Apples & Oranges comparison here.  Central does not have anywhere near the passing attack as the Tigers do with Lindauer & good corps of receivers.  Central only passed to change things up and mostly threw longer post or slant routes of 15 - 20 yds.  Memorial has a bonafide passing game with a variety of routes: short, mid, long, WR screens, quick slants, etc - the whole gamut, essentially.  if conditions are not adverse to passing, i.e. no strong cross winds of 15+ mph, Memorial should be able to pass as they normally do.  Good luck to both teams for a well played in injury free game but pulling hard for my Memorial cousins across town!  Good luck Tango & Co!

For anyone not at the game or watching the broadcast. 35-13 Evansville Memorial at the half.