Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

penn vs Crown Point

2 teams with a good defense... what will be the deciding factor?  Heard Crown Point had a couple of injuries in Sectional final..

Edited by oldtimer

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

what will be the deciding factor?

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 2

Believe these teams still scrimmage each other. CP RB Gomez is a beast, but I'm sure the Penn defense will find a way to contain him and make someone else beat them. I think it will be a slug fest in the first half but Penn will eventually wear down the CP defense and win by at least 2 scores. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, wolves on the prowl said:

Believe these teams still scrimmage each other. CP RB Gomez is a beast, but I'm sure the Penn defense will find a way to contain him and make someone else beat them. I think it will be a slug fest in the first half but Penn will eventually wear down the CP defense and win by at least 2 scores. 

Yes, you are right, they scrimmaged each other before the season began.  Appreciate the knowledge regarding who to watch for the Bulldogs.

Player to watch for Penn would be Notre Dame Safety commit Paul Moala. 

Edited by NRRaider2001

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Penn by 30

Don't think they win by that much . CP did beat Valpo earlier this year , but struggled in other games . Which CP team will show up?

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Yes, you are right, they scrimmaged each other before the season began.  Appreciate the knowledge regarding who to watch for the Bulldogs.

Player to watch for Penn would be Notre Dame Safety commit Paul Moala. 

Interesting that Penn and CP scrimmaged each other preseason---so did Ben Davis and Fishers(was told it was not close between BD and Fishers in scrimmage work)

Well, the interesting part will be how well Penn can overcome adversity, they appeared to handle set back after set back against Valpo.  If Penn can play a cleaner game run the ball effectively and make big plays in the pass game they should win this contest by multiple scores.  Valpo game should have been at least 20-0 if not more (drive killing penalties dont help).  

On 11/9/2017 at 7:03 AM, psaboy said:

Penn by 30

You were exactly right. Penn won 33-3.