Sign in to follow this  
Greene County Coach

Linton Lady Miner Basketball 2017-2018... and beyond

The Lady Miners are off to a 2-0 start for the first time in the last couple decades.  The team has just one senior... A handful of juniors... And loads of freshman with a couple sophomores.  The freshman class has lost just one school team game since they were 5th graders... It was a 1 point game on the road against another good JH girls team.  

Notable junior starters are Mallory Frye and Hannah Frady... Jenna Littlejohn looks to be their 6th woman.  

The freshman class is led by Vanessa Shafford, Haley Rose, and Aubrey Burgess.  Ezra Davis split time on the JV, but would start for a lot of teams.  Shafford and Rose both tower between 5'10" and 6'0", while Burgess and Davis are lightning quick.  

I know I'm missing quite a few other girls that look like capable contributors, but the future looks bright in Linton.  

On 11/12/2017 at 11:09 AM, Greene County Coach said:

The Lady Miners are off to a 2-0 start for the first time in the last couple decades.  The team has just one senior... A handful of juniors... And loads of freshman with a couple sophomores.  The freshman class has lost just one school team game since they were 5th graders... It was a 1 point game on the road against another good JH girls team.  

Notable junior starters are Mallory Frye and Hannah Frady... Jenna Littlejohn looks to be their 6th woman.  

The freshman class is led by Vanessa Shafford, Haley Rose, and Aubrey Burgess.  Ezra Davis split time on the JV, but would start for a lot of teams.  Shafford and Rose both tower between 5'10" and 6'0", while Burgess and Davis are lightning quick.  

I know I'm missing quite a few other girls that look like capable contributors, but the future looks bright in Linton.  

I gotta tell ya I did a double take when Rehmel texted me his boxes from tonight. Linton 66 Barr-Reeve 25.

I don’t know how good Barr-Reeve is or isn’t. I do know was used to seeing the Lady Miners on the other end of scores like that, even against not-very-good opponents.

Not only does the future look bright, the present looks pretty good too.

BTW Harrell’s site picked Barr-Reeve by 25, 59-34. Last year BR won 62-16

I’ve been to a couple games so far this year, and I’m impressed. I knew it was coming, but I guess I still thought it would be a work in progress. They are winning right off he bat, beating the Sectional favorite N Knox in overtime their first game. Should be fun to watch this year and the next few, at least. 

Huge win for the Lady Miners tonight. 74-63 over 2A No. 11 Covenant Christian.