Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Whiting needs a coach

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

This was passed on to me hopefully they aren’t resigning because of critical race theory and pushing lqbtq agenda in the curriculum 

BF4E076F-F7CD-4580-B672-9BF67A4334FA.jpeg

Looks like there's a much bigger issue going on that way than just football.

dear gridirondigest colleagues, i am not trying to start anything crazy but i am very much interested in the head football coaching position at whs

may i ask if anyone on this message board knows anyone of importance with school city of whiting that can allow me a sit down

i am attaching a copy of my whiting oilers portfolio for everyone to view

i am dead serious about making a difference in the lives of the students at school city of whiting

as a math teacher

as an athletic director

and as the varsity football head coach

God's will be done...

coach rippy morales

whiting oilers football portfolio.docx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coach Morales said:

dear gridirondigest colleagues, i am not trying to start anything crazy but i am very much interested in the head football coaching position at whs

may i ask if anyone on this message board knows anyone of importance with school city of whiting that can allow me a sit down

i am dead serious about making a difference in the lives of the students at school city of whiting

as a math teacher

as an athletic director

God's will be done...

coach rippy morales

whiting oilers football portfolio.docx 73.58 kB · 21 downloads

Good luck seems like

you would be a good hire. Having a Hispanic background is a plus as well

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Where did that come from?

Hopefully sarcasm. From what I've seen teachers and coaches are resigning because they are being overworked and are facing a complete lack of communication and care from the administration. The superintendent is also apparently blocking people who are expressing their concerns on social media. Rumor is that Hidalgo resigned because he knew the hiring process was not handled in an upstanding way. Seems like a LaPorte situation turned up to ten. 

9 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Hopefully sarcasm. From what I've seen teachers and coaches are resigning because they are being overworked and are facing a complete lack of communication and care from the administration. The superintendent is also apparently blocking people who are expressing their concerns on social media. Rumor is that Hidalgo resigned because he knew the hiring process was not handled in an upstanding way. Seems like a LaPorte situation turned up to ten. 

Is this a new superintendent? 
I have no clue but is there any chance coach Cain could come back on an interim basis? Sounds like a very sad state of affairs up in whiting and very late in the game to be searching for a head coach?

On 7/13/2022 at 3:06 PM, Coach Morales said:

as a math teacher

as an athletic director

God's will be done...

coach rippy morales

whiting oilers football portfolio.docx 73.58 kB · 38 downloads

Wish you all the luck in the world as you search for another gig. But, if I were you, I would be prepared to answer why you job hop so much. Whiting needs someone committed to a re-build that could take some time. 

11 minutes ago, Coach Morales said:

jason jendreas was named the new head football coach at whiting

can anyone confirm

he's posted all over facebook that he was named yesterday by the school board of school city of whiting

Whiting does not allow their coaches to wear blue jeans on the sidelines during games.

Edited by DT

49 minutes ago, DT said:

Whiting does not allow their coaches to wear blue jeans on the sidelines during games.

Given the timing, they might even let them go naked.

• Haha 2