Sign in to follow this  
Black_Gold2007

Penn v Ben Davis 6A Title Game

10 hours ago, southend said:

Thanks also, as I said, this is just hypothetical talk. That is what I was getting at. Maybe a better match up in 6a with  the Panthers speed. But oh well that's why they always play the game, Nothing won on paper. And ive stated in the past, several times, that metro indy teams really get to see it all in the regular season. And a huge advantage, no matter what class, come playoff time. 

How did seeing it all in the regular season help Carmel and Cathedral ?

I can honestly see Ben Davis winning a blowout 44-10 or Penn with an upset 31-28... Will be an interesting game.

9 hours ago, GOLDRUSH85 said:

How did seeing it all in the regular season help Carmel and Cathedral ?

It help Carmel slide past a very good Snider team in the 4th quarter. That in most posters opinion, they weren't the better team. In Cathedrals situation It helped them slide by a determined Bloomington South team, in the 4th quarter. So yes my point is in situations where teams are close in manpower it is a definite advantage to be able to play better competition during the year.

1 hour ago, southend said:

It help Carmel slide past a very good Snider team in the 4th quarter. That in most posters opinion, they weren't the better team. In Cathedrals situation It helped them slide by a determined Bloomington South team, in the 4th quarter. So yes my point is in situations where teams are close in manpower it is a definite advantage to be able to play better competition during the year.

So, in short it prepared them for adversity in future competitions.  Similar to how St. Joe performs in the NIC vs how they do in the state tourney against there class.  

On 11/22/2017 at 9:27 AM, BDGiant93 said:

As far as the Carmel game people keep pointing to, BD had four turnovers that night and left about three scores on the field. I think the Giants had over 400 yards of offense on the Carmel D that night if memory serves. Yeah, it was 28-10, but it wasn't in reality. 

The reality: "BD had four turnovers that night and left about three scores on the field."   A ray of hope for Penn.....

Honestly, after watching the first Valpo game I said Penn is going to be 0-4. I've never seen a Penn team look so dismal. Losing their Sophomore quarterback in the first quarter and playing with a freshman most of the game didn't help. Then in their second game they beat Merrillville 7-0, a team that ended 1-9. So just the fact that they are playing this weekend at LOS is amazing to me. Kudo's to Cory Yeoman and the Kingsmen ! It should be interesting.....

Edited by Bittersweet
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/22/2017 at 9:26 PM, TomKing said:

Saturday Penn should drive to Kokomo. Stop and get some ice cream. Smile their AD splurged and got sprinkles on it. Then turn around and go back home to save themselves some embarrassment.

258troll_spray.jpg

It’s game day! Good luck to both teams today. We have so much respect for Ben Davis. It is going to be great seeing the Kingsmen play the Giants once again. I’ll be pulling for my Kingsmen to do what many have called impossible. Hopefully it’s a great game. Go Kingsmen!!!

On 11/20/2017 at 12:14 PM, Von2Rov said:

14?  Yowsers!  BD will score 14 in the first half, and possibly the 1st quarter.  Penn will have to "outscore" BD to win (channeling my inner-Madden).  They won't be holding them to a low score.... at least not as low as 14

3 minutes... 14 points. Game is getting ready to turn into a beating unless Penn turns it around. 

3:30 minutes into the game.... 21-0.... BD night score 80 tonight. 

Edited by Olympian06
  • Thanks 1

Literally 2-3 plays later BD with another TD.

28-7

5:30 left in the 1st quarter. 

Ben Davis - 49

Penn - 7

2:13 left in the 1st half. 

How big is #79 for BD? That dude is HUGE 

8 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Ben Davis - 49

Penn - 7

2:13 left in the 1st half. 

How big is #79 for BD? That dude is HUGE 

You beat me to it. Holy moly. 79 is big. 

3 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

You beat me to it. Holy moly. 79 is big. 

6’8 320. Just looked him up. Holy SMOOOOKKES

4 minutes ago, Olympian99 said:

Preview guide had 6'8" 363. Just your typical backup jr OL

Pretty sure he'll be starting for the basketball team this season. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Olympian99 said:

Preview guide had 6'8" 363. Just your typical backup jr OL

darn! I went off Maxpreps. That preview guide would be more correct. That’s crazy. 

Over 40 seniors. Now THAT proves an impressive program.  Regardless of school enrollment. 

Edited by Coach Ellenwood