Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
punttheball

The Hoosier Conference 2018

drove through YA the other day....noticed the goat population is about to take over the people population.

4 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

drove through YA the other day....noticed the goat population is about to take over the people population.

What is YA?

Who are the top teams in the Hoosier Conference this coming fall? Are there any surprises?

Tipton seems to be clicking from reports from Summer

Western returns a lot of good players, however how their offense changes without Knepley will be interesting, I see them spreading the sugar more which will be even tougher to defend, lots of big strong kids.  

Cass returns a bunch I think.   

NW:  know nothing about them 

HH:  Promoted a well established member of their staff in Coach Kirschner:  I believe over 70 + players in summer workouts.   

WL:   Lost some key lineman, HOWEVER.............

BC:  Gotta replace real good WR in Morin who went to Marian.   He was a tough cover

TL:  Year 3 of Coach Mannering, I would assume they will continue to be fundamentally sound and physical defense.   

LCC:   New Regime, I believe New DC as well.   They will have some dudes I am sure 

RCHS:   Return 2nd leading tackler on Defense.   Return 1 corner, and DE and OLB.   Return our Center and Wing Back along with TE.   

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/rensselaer-central-bombers-(rensselaer,in)/football-fall-17/stats.htm

Zero Passing Stats

Returning WB had less than 300 yards

East:

1. Tipton- Return 16 starters and will be a senior laden team. High expectations.

2. Cass- Very good Junior to be class lead by Eurit and Zeck. 

3. Heights- Good skill kids in Webel, Knott, King and Pennington but must find a QB. Will need to replace some very good OL as well. 

4. Western- lost a ton of Seniors including Knepley but still have some dudes. Will more than likely be starting a freshman QB,

5. Northwestern- Struggled last year and lost quite a bit and will have another new coach. Hrabos at Qb is solid though 

West:

1. WL- Loaded once again. Defense is going to be straight nasty. Must replace those big OL and QB but they’ll be fine.

2. RC- Haven’t played them in a few years so don’t know as much about them but are always good and well coached.

3. LCC- Another new coach and should be improved. Good skill kids as always in Deinhart, Schwartz and Roach.

4. TL- We get to play them this year but as of now I know nothing about them other than they will be very well coached.

5. BC- Know nothing about them. Hopefully they’re making improvements.

Western's Tyler Knepley and West Lafayette's Luke Staton were selected by their teammates as captains of the North All-Star team! Congrats to them, the Hoosier Conference is well represented! 

• Upvote 3

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Bomber crop at this year's Cracker Barrel. I expect they will be a force to contend once these new guys figure out that that wonderful single wing gun that is such a treat to watch. I expect KV to test the physicality of Rensselaer though as new coach Broyles will no doubt open it up a little but will likely not deviate from the physical running game he often spearheaded as a tackle on successful mid 90s teams.

30 minutes ago, Catholicfootball10 said:

I know there's only so much a team is going to show in a scrimmage, but how'd everyone look last night? 

I didn't see LCC last night, but folks who did said, while there's lots to work on, there's also lots to be excited about.  There's definitely a pep in the step during practice.  With the new tennis courts relocating the youth teams to right next door to the varsity practice field, it's been fun watching them practice.

Tipton looked good. Offense was sharp for the most part scoring 9 or 10 Td’s and defense was great giving up just 1 TD which was when they started at the 10. Guessing Peru had negative rush yards for the scrimmage. Tipton has a very senior heavy team but thought the young kids who do play were outstanding. 

Week 1 is up in the Pick 'Em thread.... YOU MUST MAKE PICKS THERE for them to count.

1 Point Games

Pioneer @ Lewis Cass

Tipton @ Madison Grant

Northwestern @ Eastern Hancock

2 Point Games

Delphi @ Benton Central

Mount Vernon @ Hamilton Heights

Rensselaer @ Kankakee Valley

Tri-West @ Lafayette Central Catholic

Western @ Twin Lakes

Tri-County @ Carroll

Triton @ South Central

3 Point Games

Lafayette Jeff @ West Lafayette

On 6/21/2018 at 5:45 AM, dazed and confused said:

Heard RaeLynn moved out of town into the Big City of Galveston! LOL

On 8/11/2018 at 1:36 PM, foxbat said:

I didn't see LCC last night, but folks who did said, while there's lots to work on, there's also lots to be excited about.  

Yeah, Frankfort is a good freshman/junior varsity level program to practice against.

Posted (edited)
On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 11:19 AM, dcjjones said:

Heard RaeLynn moved out of town into the Big City of Galveston! LOL

Galveston is another one of those towns like Chilli which is often mispronounced.... if you say it like that city in Texas around someone from Galveston, In., you WILL get an earful ! I bet Raelynn gets a pass with that speech impediment of hers....

Russiaville can also be added to the list.... but I don't think they give a crap !

Edited by dazed and confused
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Bombers score first possession of the second half.  This game is taking forever and I am up past my bedtime.

34-12 final

Edited by Hogleg
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Adams has to get the Iron Man Award for the state this week.  On cramped legs, scrambles at the end of the game to make it a two-score game.  WL looks good to maybe return to LOS out of the north.  Really gritty performance by the defense to keep them in this game until they could will themselves into a lead and then turn back any attempt to regain the lead by Jeff.

Saw a score on MaxPreps of Tri-West 31 - LCC 28  Friday Night Frenzy reported the score as 27-24.  I'd like to see some highlights as I ended up staying home tonight, but looks like LCC is not planning to let last season linger.

Edited by foxbat
corrected LCC / TW score

Tipton was a little sloppy offensively last night but starting defense was very good holding Mg to 1 first down. 

Heard some bad news for Heights as I was told they lost their starting RB Webel to a torn acl and top WR to a hip injury. Worst part about sports.

1 hour ago, Fballfan15 said:

Tipton was a little sloppy offensively last night but starting defense was very good holding Mg to 1 first down. 

Heard some bad news for Heights as I was told they lost their starting RB Webel to a torn acl and top WR to a hip injury. Worst part about sports.

HH has some young kids who can step up if they get the chance. Could be a long year for the Huskies. Gotta get the program back on track, I think they're headed in the right direction.