rdpfootball

Best Chances for 2018 Title

Never to early to start talking about the 2018 season. Which team/teams in 1A,2A,3A,4A,5A, and 6A have the best chance of a state title? Just in terms of returning starters and such. Obviously a team's schedule will play a role in there chances.

1 hour ago, rdpfootball said:

Never to early to start talking about the 2018 season. Which team/teams in 1A,2A,3A,4A,5A, and 6A have the best chance of a state title? Just in terms of returning starters and such. Obviously a team's schedule will play a role in there chances.

East central, they return 7-8 starters on both sides of the ball

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rdpfootball said:

1A- Pioneer has a great chance at a repeat performance. Several 2 year starters returning for their senior season. With Kiser at the helm( 4 yr starter), Gregorich returning for his 3rd year at FB, Lewellan twins at wing backs, Kindley at split and Walker anchoring the line. Team is stacked going into 1A for an encore performance. As always, keeping healthy will be the key to their chances.

• Upvote 1

Pre Season favorites:

1a:  Pioneer

2a:  Mater Dei    Southridge 

3a:  Memorial 

4a:  East Central 

5a:  Columbus East

6a:  Warren Central 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Pioneer hands down the 1A state champ next year, nobody will come close. 

For 3A I would have to give WL a very good chance. Karlaftis of course will lead the defense but they have plenty of other studs that include Kidwell, Woodard, Ahsan, Szymanski, and the younger Karlaftis kid. On the offensive side they return all of their leading receivers and Hood. Kyle Adams will start at QB and I think he's better than Touloukian. This team might be better than last years and that's a scary thought. 

47 minutes ago, LccQ said:

Pioneer hands down the 1A state champ next year, nobody will come close. 

For 3A I would have to give WL a very good chance. Karlaftis of course will lead the defense but they have plenty of other studs that include Kidwell, Woodard, Ahsan, Szymanski, and the younger Karlaftis kid. On the offensive side they return all of their leading receivers and Hood. Kyle Adams will start at QB and I think he's better than Touloukian. This team might be better than last years and that's a scary thought. 

I am with you there 100% but who replaces all those good OL?   Im sure #88 would be willing to change is number to #50-79, but a few others will need to step up big time as well.  No doubt they are going to be a player in 3a NORTH.   Memorial will be awfully good next year too

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Pre Season favorites:

1a:  Pioneer

2a:  Mater Dei 

3a:  Memorial 

4a:  East Central 

5a:  Columbus East

6a:  Warren Central 

You will hear it from other CE faithful that we are going to be a notch below past teams. I haven’t missed much in the last 2 years, usually right on the money when it comes to what I say about the team... CE will be just fine, Cathedral will be the favorite probably, but CE will be top 3-4 by the time the playoffs hit. Saw a group of the kids at a local gym today and they are already hitting it hard and setting goals! Good to see. 

I'm not saying this entirely because I'm a Lowell fan but Lowell has a better chance than people think. I think Igras really steps it up and we have a few defensive starters returning. #78 Austgen and #44 Jansky. Two very important players on defense this year. Also I think there are a few JV players that can step up next year. I'm anxious already. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-football-lowell-st-1127-20171126-story.html

Don't know about the rest, but in 3a, I would argue that Memorial has an excellent shot of a repeat--there won't be anyone in their way till they get out of Regional....

I like Warren Central's chances here. The Warriors return much of their team next year. Ben Davis loses 55 seniors from its state championship team.

• Upvote 1

Western Boone will be a legitimate contender in 2A.  They return almost their entire team.  They played and rotated a lot of Sophomores last year.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PatriotFan said:

Don't know about the rest, but in 3a, I would argue that Memorial has an excellent shot of a repeat--there won't be anyone in their way till they get out of Regional....

Uh, we will never, ever look past Gibson Southern.  In fact, like this year, I think that will be the game in the back of everyone's mind starting in August...

1 hour ago, WC Warrior said:

I like Warren Central's chances here. The Warriors return much of their team next year. Ben Davis loses 55 seniors from its state championship team.

Good Lord...  55 seniors?  That is almost beyond belief...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

In 4A East Central is returning a lot including the QB the entire Offensive line, Fullback one running back  and 8 defensive starters not too mention the guys behind the seniors that got plenty of reps this year. Would like to see another Lowell vs EC rematch in 2018...Great Game!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ironman said:

In 4A East Central is returning a lot including the QB the entire Offensive line, Fullback one running back  and 8 defensive starters not too mention the guys behind the seniors that got plenty of reps this year. Would like to see another Lowell vs EC rematch in 2018...Great Game!!!

I would bet the house on EC next year. That defense is going to be NASTY! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tango said:

Uh, we will never, ever look past Gibson Southern.  In fact, like this year, I think that will be the game in the back of everyone's mind starting in August...

Good Lord...  55 seniors?  That is almost beyond belief...

That is more then 75% of the rosters in Indiana

9 hours ago, komets3001 said:

That is more then 75% of the rosters in Indiana

Ben Davis had a roster of 148 players for the State Finals (which had 7 Freshman) of course not all of them could dress. 53 Seniors on a roster of 148 is really good though. This was a veteran experinced Ben Davis squad.

19 hours ago, superjay said:

Western Boone will be a legitimate contender in 2A.  They return almost their entire team.  They played and rotated a lot of Sophomores last year.

They lose Solomon, Gilliam, and Miller (amongst others)... They do have some weapons coming back... But Sectional will probably come down to the Tipton/Webo game again... And Scecina has some solid athletes back... QB and WR for sure.

17 hours ago, superjay said:

I think Webo will be solid but they do graduate 17 seniors this year.  That class had some athletes and size.  With that, they do return a number of talented skill players who saw a lot of playing time this year and they have some younger linemen who will continue to benefit from Webo's solid,  year-round weights program.  .  

EASTBROOK does not lose alot. Plus their feeder program is 2nd to none in the CIC. Look for them to make another deep run.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Coach_G said:

Pioneer has to be statistically the safest "bet" to win in 2018.  

when that happens and nothing changes up north, you bet that sectional with Eastbrook, Rensselaer, Cass, and Pioneer!!!     DOOZY!!!  

• Upvote 1

Pioneer loses some great seniors Mersch boys, Schroder, Johnson, Shaw & Rogers. Big losses for sure.  Not so easy to replace

Btw, Ben Davis dressed 55 seniors; Pioneer has 47 kids in their senior class 

:10_v:

• Haha 1

BD slides back a rung or two but not very far as some key youngsters will still be around. The loss of much of the receiving corps will do a huge number on the Giants, but they will be strong at running back. BD's defense will also take a hit. Some youngsters on the line this past year, but it was mostly a veteran crew. I would expect they'll be a 6 or 7 win team next year (regular season).

As far as the top of the class. I think 6A is Warren out front with Carmel, Center Grove, Penn, and a few others chasing. BD could be a dark horse depending on how the season progresses.

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2017 at 1:33 PM, WC Warrior said:

Ben Davis should really have to field 2 varsity teams.  55 seniors?  Really?

For the sake of competitive balance, split this team in two.  Purple Giants and White Giants.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Bishop Chatard will certainly miss Kellison & McNelis among others, but they seemed to play a lot of younger guys this season