rdpfootball

Best Chances for 2018 Title

8 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

As far as the top of the class. I think 6A is Warren out front with Carmel, Center Grove, Penn, and a few others chasing.

6A only really consists of Ben Davis, Warren Central, Carmel and Center Grove so if its anyone outside of those 4 who win the state, it would be a minor miracle.  Those others "chasing" can chase all they want but they are better off taking a nap and saving their energy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

New Palestine should be better in 2018 then they were this year.  And they were a top 6-8 team in 5A this year.

5 hours ago, Dan Jones said:

New Palestine should be better in 2018 then they were this year.  And they were a top 6-8 team in 5A this year.

Thought you had them notched at #4 this year? Back to 4A they go after next year. The best thing that happened to them is they moved to the North, because they would have gotten the brakes beat off of them this year for sure and more then likely next year too in the south 

Edited by Olympian06

21 hours ago, caliboy24 said:

EASTBROOK does not lose alot. Plus their feeder program is 2nd to none in the CIC. Look for them to make another deep run.

They lose nearly their whole offense as Barajas is graduating

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Thought you had them notched at #4 this year? Back to 4A they go after next year. The best thing that happened to them is they moved to the North, because they would have gotten the brakes beat off of them this year for sure and more then likely next year too in the south 

I would be surprised if they did not get out of their sectional. They were a Junior/Sophomore heavy team. They play Center Grove early next year and that game will be very telling on where they stand. I have a hard time doubting a Coach Ralph led team in any game. 

20 minutes ago, TCfootball70 said:

I would be surprised if they did not get out of their sectional. They were a Junior/Sophomore heavy team. They play Center Grove early next year and that game will be very telling on where they stand. I have a hard time doubting a Coach Ralph led team in any game. 

New Palestine returns a lot of players and Zionsville returns a lot of players. Should make for a good Sectional battle next year too.

2 hours ago, blackhawk22 said:

Blackhawk I agree he will surely be missed. Singer should fill that position nicely though. I think out of 64 they only had 16 seniors. Their underclass is good and have the best staff in the CIC. 

Is Barajas going to play at the next level? Great player had not heard anything yet though.

Bishop Luers 70 man varsity roster included 38 sophomores and freshman.

12 hours ago, Dan Jones said:

6A only really consists of Ben Davis, Warren Central, Carmel and Center Grove so if its anyone outside of those 4 who win the state, it would be a minor miracle.  Those others "chasing" can chase all they want but they are better off taking a nap and saving their energy.

Don't leave out LC and Avon is on the fringe.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, blackhawk22 said:

Barajas is a great player, but they return a healthy number of their starting defense that is very good.

• Upvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, BigTimeDB said:

I think Webo will be solid but they do graduate 17 seniors this year.  That class had some athletes and size.  With that, they do return a number of talented skill players who saw a lot of playing time this year and they have some younger linemen who will continue to benefit from Webo's solid,  year-round weights program.  .  

They only had 1 Senior on the O line which has good size and did a good job last year. Not having a speed running back will be our only downfall. Will have Robby Taylor that was a freshman at Fullback but doesn't have the break away speed.

9 hours ago, TCfootball70 said:

I believe they have to get to semi-State to stay correct? Since they didn’t accumulate any points this year. 

Edited by Olympian06

I think Danville will be a solid football team next season. Yes, they do lose Stevens, Burton, Hiland, Plant, and some other playmakers on defense. But the proverbial cupboard is not bare. Coach Woods will have this team ready to go come week 1. It will be fun to watch how he, and the rest of the coaching staff, can get this team to gel and become the team they want them to be.

On 11/29/2017 at 7:02 PM, Olympian06 said:

I would bet the house on EC next year. That defense is going to be NASTY! 

I think the EC offense will be hard to stop with all the lineman returning and the QB Maxwell.  Replacing Storie at RB will be hard but I know they have a current Jr that played TE that will be a tremendous RB.  Hopefully the passing game will continue to improve but losing the TE Brown will hurt.  

The defense is where I see EC lacking.  They lose 5 of their top 6 tacklers from last year, and the DB Lloyd.  When you lose all 4 starting LB's and your best D-lineman I see EC struggling in the box early on.  Like always they will re-load but those 6 Seniors will be hard to replace, and the earlier comment of returning 8 starters on defense is wrong.  From the State Championship game they return 5 starters (2 d-line, 3 DB's).

I'm not sure the EC defense will be better next year but it will be good!  The O-line/QB and and the DB's will be their best positions next year.

I predict EC breezes through their schedule and wins their sectional.  If they can beat the Evansville team in the regional (whoever that maybe next year), they will make their 2nd straight appearance at Lucas Oil Stadium. 

For some teams/coaches, it depends on how recruiting season has gone.

There are some truly crooked programs in the state of Indiana.

• Thanks 1

1A- PIONEER and everyone else

2A- WEBO or Mater Dei. Southridge and Tipton have a shot too.  Southridge lost a lot for a 2A school but has a strong group of rising sophomores  

3A- MEMORIAL, Danville or Guerin. 

4A- EAST CENTRAL and Lowell  

5A-  COLUMBUS EAST or Cathedral.  Zionsville could be a dark horse. New Pal too it if can find a way past Columbus East in the sectional.  CE will have a different look but should be a very solid bunch  

6A- WARREN CENTRAL, Carmel, CG or Avon...Its too early to tell with BD and LC.  Columbus North probably doesn’t have a great shot but could make things leading up to LOS interesting.  6A has the fewest teams but may have the most possibilities. Warren probably has the deepest roster if that becomes a factor. Carmel and Avon should both be very good defensively.  On offense the top teams seem to have the most consistency at RB. Many will have new QBs, WR’s or both.  Warren looks to have the most back in offensive skilled positions...ironically Dean Tate played both QB and WR at times and will be missed but they do return the leading passer, rusher and receiver. 

Posted (edited)

I really think 2018 is going to be a special year.  Here are my picks.  I just have a feeling in my bones....

6A Lake Central

5A Anderson

4A South Bend Clay

3A Hammond Clark

2A Indy Washington

1A Anderson Prep

Don't tell me I am wrong or I will be offended.

Edited by Bittergymteacher
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, BTB30 said:

. . . New Pal too it if can find a way past Columbus East in the sectional.  CE will have a different look but should be a very solid bunch  . . .

Shouldn't be a problem for New Pal since they are not in the same sectional. :07_v:

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:27 PM, rdpfootball said:

I'm not saying this entirely because I'm a Lowell fan but Lowell has a better chance than people think. I think Igras really steps it up and we have a few defensive starters returning. #78 Austgen and #44 Jansky. Two very important players on defense this year. Also I think there are a few JV players that can step up next year. I'm anxious already. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-football-lowell-st-1127-20171126-story.html

I agree, Lowell has a great of shot to make it to the Luke this November.  

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, DrivenT said:

Ben Davis should really have to field 2 varsity teams.  55 seniors?  Really?

For the sake of competitive balance, split this team in two.  Purple Giants and White Giants.  

you're forgetting the Jolly Green Giants!

1 hour ago, Bittergymteacher said:

I really think 2018 is going to be a special year.  Here are my picks.  I just have a feeling in my bones....

6A Lake Central

5A Anderson

4A South Bend Clay

3A Hammond Clark

2A Indy Washington

1A Anderson Prep

where's the love for South Newton (Hail, alma mater)?

2 hours ago, Bullhorn99 said:

Shouldn't be a problem for New Pal since they are not in the same sectional. :07_v:

You are correct...I forgot that they left that sectional last year. 

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

where's the love for South Newton (Hail, alma mater)?

Sir,  I have done much research on state championship picking 37 weeks before the actual game.  The science just does not add up for South Newton.  It is a lack of hydration issue.  They have the kids walking the halls to make it happen.  You get someone in that building that can get that sophomore boy out of his slump and into the water boy position and you might have something there. Until then, they are going to come up a week or 2 short.  

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Bittergymteacher said:

Sir,  I have done much research on state championship picking 37 weeks before the actual game.  The science just does not add up for South Newton.  It is a lack of hydration issue.  They have the kids walking the halls to make it happen.  You get someone in that building that can get that sophomore boy out of his slump and into the water boy position and you might have something there. Until then, they are going to come up a week or 2 short.  

I'm just hoping my Rebels win a game this year...

FW Dwenger will be there in 2018

• Like 1

Tipton will be a serious contender in 2A. Return a ton on both sides of the ball lead by a very strong senior class. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bittergymteacher said:

6A Lake Central

5A Anderson

4A South Bend Clay

3A Hammond Clark

2A Indy Washington

1A Anderson Prep

Oh how I hope and pray your 6A is correct. Lol. That is my alma mater.