- Any 4A North team being ranked higher than a 4A South team

- Zionsville over HSE

- Whiteland at #3 in 5A

- No Valpo in 5A

- No Norwell in 3A

- No Park Tudor in 1A

- No Heritage Christian in 2A

- Triton Central at #4 in 2A 

I’m trying to figure out what I don’t know about whiteland because that was a suprise and Valpo I ranked is a shock I expected them at #3

On 7/15/2022 at 10:56 AM, EasyEJay said:

Triton Central is absolutely loaded they have everyone back off a Regional team that lost to Mater Dei . They are the biggest threat to Mater Dei in the 2A South . Plus a great coach in Tim Able . 3-6 range in 2A 

I don't know about biggest threat, Linton will have something to say about that i'm sure, TC will be really good i agree, but so will Linton, they bring back a lot as well!

7 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

I agree only thing I can think is the fact they only have 1 returning starter. And people think city is ginna beat them by 40 or more same with merrillville

One returning starter? Are you sure about that? That doesn't seem possible, but if it's true, then maybe the don't belong in the Top 10. 

12 hours ago, BTF said:

One returning starter? Are you sure about that? That doesn't seem possible, but if it's true, then maybe the don't belong in the Top 10. 

According to there coach at there booster event yesterday. He said they have 1 returning starter for both sides of the ball, and he is a 2 way player. But they have a lot that got into games last year. Just didn’t start or play the crucial downs in games 

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2022 at 9:36 AM, BTF said:

All Indy teams at the top of 6a. Sad, but possibly true. Homestead and Carroll need to do something about this. 

I would add Penn for sure and Elkhart and Warsaw to that statement as well. 

21 hours ago, sbriant20 said:

I don't know about biggest threat, Linton will have something to say about that i'm sure, TC will be really good i agree, but so will Linton, they bring back a lot as well!

Linton might have lost more than Triton Central but in my opinion they were a far superior team to begin with. The regional championship game MD played against TC was never in doubt and had a running clock the very beginning of the second half. The MD game with Linton was a slugfest and a nail biter to the end. I would give the edge to Linton right now but I guess that's why we play the games. We will see it all on the field soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

I would add Penn for sure and Elkhart and Warsaw to that statement as well. 

Absolutely! No disrespect to those programs, I was stating that Fort Wayne needs representation. 

I fully expect Homestead to reach that level of play sooner than later. They owned the NHC. After being in the SAC for a few years, they achieved the top of the mountain a couple of times and are widely considered along with Snider and Dwenger as one of the top teams in the conference. After a few years of slugging it out with the likes of Carmel and Noblesville, I think the Spartans will achieve yet another level of play from their program. 

I'm still undecided as to where Carroll sits as a program. I think we all know they have a passionate coach who is above average in his field of work. They're just not at Homestead's level in my opinion. Maybe another strong year from the Chargers will change that perception, but they have some pretty big holes to fill this year. Won't be easy. 

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

Absolutely! No disrespect to those programs, I was stating that Fort Wayne needs representation. 

I fully expect Homestead to reach that level of play sooner than later. They owned the NHC. After being in the SAC for a few years, they achieved the top of the mountain a couple of times and are widely considered along with Snider and Dwenger as one of the top teams in the conference. After a few years of slugging it out with the likes of Carmel and Noblesville, I think the Spartans will achieve yet another level of play from their program. 

I'm still undecided as to where Carroll sits as a program. I think we all know they have a passionate coach who is above average in his field of work. They're just not at Homestead's level in my opinion. Maybe another strong year from the Chargers will change that perception, but they have some pretty big holes to fill this year. Won't be easy. 

I'm was assuming you were thinking FWA area originally. The big challenge is can the teams outside the MIC and HCC get the week to week level of competition that those two conferences get. The SAC is making strides to do that, NIC & Duneland do to a degree. 

5 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I'm was assuming you were thinking FWA area originally. The big challenge is can the teams outside the MIC and HCC get the week to week level of competition that those two conferences get. The SAC is making strides to do that, NIC & Duneland do to a degree. 

Correct

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

Been waiting…

18 hours ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Linton might have lost more than Triton Central but in my opinion they were a far superior team to begin with. The regional championship game MD played against TC was never in doubt and had a running clock the very beginning of the second half. The MD game with Linton was a slugfest and a nail biter to the end. I would give the edge to Linton right now but I guess that's why we play the games. We will see it all on the field soon. 

Heritage Christian is a big sleeper in the South in 2A. I know they return a good amount from their team last year including a good QB who was hurt during their loss to Scecina last year. Right now if I had to choose I'd say they're the biggest threat to MD down South. 

Brebeuf at #1 is stunning.   They lost their 2 good WRs that really made their QB look better than he was.  The Annee kid made everyone else on the field look slow.   Also lost 2 all state DL.

East Central has a lot coming back at the skilled postions.  #1 at WR is good and they seemed to have a good stable at RB.

On 7/15/2022 at 10:56 AM, EasyEJay said:

Triton Central is absolutely loaded they have everyone back off a Regional team that lost to Mater Dei . They are the biggest threat to Mater Dei in the 2A South . Plus a great coach in Tim Able . 3-6 range in 2A 

Triton Central might not win their sectional this year. 

• 3 months later...
On 7/16/2022 at 7:08 PM, sbriant20 said:

On 7/17/2022 at 5:07 PM, Spitting Llamas said:

On 7/24/2022 at 2:08 PM, FootballFan28 said:

Triton Central might not win their sectional this year. 

Can someone point out to me which team gave Mater Dei there closest game in the Southern half of 2A 🤔 I’m having some trouble 

04777C2E-4105-40A5-AEC8-BDF1D42D0C16.jpeg

1 hour ago, EasyEJay said:

Can someone point out to me which team gave Mater Dei there closest game in the Southern half of 2A 🤔 I’m having some trouble 

My comment was not meant as a slight to Triton Central. I was simply pointing out that they had strong competition in their sectional and winning it wasn’t a given whereas Linton didn’t really have any competition leading up to semi state. Triton obviously improved greatly from last year and Linton’s record was deceiving 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 6:37 PM, EasyEJay said:

What was the score of the sectional game? Was it close?