Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
yellowjacket

Will Porter resigns @ South Bend Clay

I can't believe there are some real good solutions for SBCSC on GID.  Making Clay totally a Fine Arts Academy with no athletic programs make sense both athletically and financially.  The school corporation

seems to be heading in that direction with the closing and reassigning the two Clay feeder schools.  Maybe Coach Porter knows something we don't.

Edited by yellowjacket

17 minutes ago, yellowjacket said:

I can't believe there are some real good solutions for SBCSC on GID.  Making Clay totally a Fine Arts Academy with no athletic programs make sense both athletically and financially.  The school corporation

seems to be heading in that direction with the closing and reassigning the two Clay feeder schools.  Maybe Coach Porter knows something we don't.

I was just reading an article yesterday in the Tribune about one of the kids on SB Riley that is having a good year and received an offer from Western Illinois I believe.

His cousin that played with Diggins on Washington talked him in to playing for Riley where he could contribute to something special, rather than play for Clay where he'd be the star player.

Kind of makes sense to me as well to shift Clay into an Academy and probably bring the rest of the SB schools up a bit talent wise in sports.

Maybe former Clay HS QB Jon Gruden can retire from broadcasting on ESPN and become the next coach/revive the program? (stole this suggestion from twitter lol)

Edited by NRRaider2001

23 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Maybe former Clay HS QB Jon Gruden can retire from broadcasting on ESPN and become the next coach/revive the program? (stole this suggestion from twitter lol)

Faux John Gruden is a must follow on twitter if you haven't followed it yet.

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2017 at 12:07 PM, DrivenT said:

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick resources/021317Enrollments.pdf

Clay enrollment is 1143.  I stand corrected.

Varsity football roster was in the 30-35 range, depending on what point in the season you took actual head count.  Add in sophomores and you have approx 40 to 50   ballpark numbers

Just to be clear the "varsity roster" was the roster for the entire program, freshman through seniors.  They did not have a freshman program and the JV and varsity are one in the same.  They have 30-35 in the program as a whole.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Was he an assistant?

Gary (Garrett) Fields was a running backs coach at South Bend Adams, served as the interim head coach for Clay 2 years ago, and is the School Resource Officer at Clay as well....He's also the 5th head coach in 5 years at Clay.

• Thanks 1

I still wonder what the school corporation has in mind for Clay

the new plan basically eliminates 2 of their feeder schools with Brown closing and Clay Middle becoming an IB school (Adams is the IB high school in SB)