Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bobref

ND Receiver Suspended ... Again

Recommended Posts

This is the 3rd strike for this kid. Suspended after an arrest for weed before the start of the 2016 season. Suspended the first 4 games of 2017 for a violation of team rules. Now this. It never ceases to amaze me how some kids seem determined to squander a golden opportunity. I hope he gets his act together. I just don’t think it should be at Notre Dame.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Stepherson-Holmes-suspended-from-Notre-Dame-football-team-following-arrest-465505893.html

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelly turned the Irish around? Good game for ND!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tough loss of DC to A&M    a few games I watched and from my good Irish friend he spoke very highly of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

tough loss of DC to A&M    a few games I watched and from my good Irish friend he spoke very highly of him. 

Indiana, in the first two years Of coach Wilsons tenure, went through two very good DC's. Because of money. What was the circumstance in the ND case? Money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southend said:

Indiana, in the first two years Of coach Wilsons tenure, went through two very good DC's. Because of money. What was the circumstance in the ND case? Money?

When the USA Today list of coaching salaries came out Kelley only made 1.6 million. Elkos deal is for 1.8 million starting, with incentives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, coachfields said:

When the USA Today list of coaching salaries came out Kelley only made 1.6 million. Elkos deal is for 1.8 million starting, with incentives. 

So Yes, most of the movement by these assistants, can be traced to money. And there we have it,  the big programs get the cream when they want it. The rest of the schools in the middle to the bottom of conferences will stay there until ADs or schools pony up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, southend said:

So Yes, most of the movement by these assistants, can be traced to money. And there we have it,  the big programs get the cream when they want it. The rest of the schools in the middle to the bottom of conferences will stay there until ADs or schools pony up.

Dave Amanda is going to make 2.5 million. Elmo will make 1.8...both as coordinators. It’s crazy that the head coach of Notre Dame is making less than coordinators. I am not an Irish fan but I think Coach Kelly has done a pretty good job. I saw yesterday that he had said that he thinks coordinator paying is getting out of control so maybe he has a philosophical resistance to raising his or his assistants pay. I don’t know but I am with you in that if you want to be elite you need to bring in and KEEP great coaches. 

Further with your point...I think schools can bring in a quality coordinator and he can do a great job, but if he leaves after a year then that to me is a double whammy. One you lost a good coach; two your kids are going to have to learn a whole new system and I think there is a ton of value in quality-consistency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To that point, ND may revert next year, if a new defense has to be learned.  I know it effected Indiana’s progress, win loss wise, for several seasons under Wilson. Having to learn a new defense 3 years ina row. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×