Sign in to follow this  
franktonite4life

CIC weekly-ish thread

Alex vs Oak hill at Swazee elem. Due to power failure. If starts at 630p

29 minutes ago, caliboy24 said:

Alex vs Oak hill at Swazee elem. Due to power failure. If starts at 630p

Wow!  Taking standing room only to another level!

Ya wish it was! Neither team had much of a crowd outside the regulars!

Alex lost one player in j.v. game and had another for 2nd game straight miss due to illness.

Alexandria played the best game they have so far. First half they out shot Oak Hill. Oak hill just grabbed more boards against Alex weaker big man. 2nd half Oak Hill made a run and opened it up to 10. Alex made some runs after puttng some of the faster kids on the court and putting full court pressure. Oak hill just had to much in the end. They will be a tough out in playoffs till they get to regional.

Alexandria is a Jekyll and Hyde. Their best players are younger but are not ready to lead. They have to figure out how to spread the ball and not take NBA 3's. They shot well tonight but will have to get more involved to be a threat beyond sectionals.

May have been one of the best/exciting games I have seen recently. Alexandria crowd and oak hill was sad for 2 decent programs.

Ok saw all the scores...

Oak hill got out hustled by Alexandria but Oak hill had much better shot selection. Alex made it a game.

Mississinewa won a close game. 

Frankton I think we where all close on this one. Led by 8 at half. Blackford fell off in 2nd half.

Eastbrook got off to a quick lead and never looked back.

Tonight

Adams Central @ Eastbrook

Blackford @ Miss

Frankton @ MG

Friday

Eastbrook @ Blackford

Elwood @ Frankton

Miss @ Alex

OH @ MG

Saturday

Blackford @ Jay County

Bluffton @ MG

Elwood @ Lapel

Elwood may play the toughest weekend series in the conference this weekend, @ Frankton Friday and then goes on the road again to Lapel 

• Upvote 1

I only see 2 close games in the CIC this week:  Blackford @ Ole Miss and Ole Miss @ Alex.  The rest should have at least double digit margins of victory.

A little late, but I meant to get on here after the Blackford vs Frankton game. First off, after watching Brown play in person, you hurt for the kid when you see he struggles to move. Once he is finished growing, hopefully he can gain back some quickness. Nevertheless, still impressed with his ball handling and shooting.

As for Frankton, I was extremely impressed with how hard they play and how well they play together. I witnessed multiple times where in a game against an average team, some passes would have gone through, but not against Frankton. The team defense is top notch. Overall, this Frankton team can go far if they can do two things: stay out of foul trouble (refs at Blackford were pretty rough at times, BUT it's a hard job, which is why I don't do it) and limit turnovers. They play excellent team defense, make shots and play harder than any team I've watched all year. 

As much as I would have preferred a closer game, this game was still very enjoyable, especially the post-game Oreo Mint Chip shake from Ivanhoes. 

Gosh I miss Ivanhoes!  I agree with your assessment of Frankton, I think they've got a great chance at making a long run in the postseason again.  The unfortunate part is that at some point they'll have to play Indianapolis Howe.  Are you kidding me?  A 2A team (Howe) took the 15-2 4A No. 9 ranked Cathedral into 2 overtimes and ended up losing in the Indy City Tourney Championship game!  I think Howe is a little better than their No. 9 state ranking.

I see two close ones and two blow-outs tonight.

Frankton takes care of Elwood with few problems.

Oak Hill puts MG away early. ( i did see MG they play hard, just young)

Mississinewa @ Alex   I give the Tigers the Home Court Advantage  Win by 4

Blackford @ Eastbrook  Gut feeling Blackford by 2

Good luck everyone 

Well Mississinewa put a whooping on Alexandria. Mississinewa flat out played Alexandria in every facet of the game. Alexandria has got to get back to playing team ball. Shot selection and slow transition killed them tonight.

Agree Caliboy24,  Way to much individual basketball.  Alex can be tough when they play D and run the Offense, which usually leads to layups or open shots.

Just read the Freshman from Blackford my have broken his ankle. That will be a tough loss for the Bruins.  Hope its not to serious.

Glad to see it was not as bad as what they thought.

14 hours ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

Agree Caliboy24,  Way to much individual basketball.  Alex can be tough when they play D and run the Offense, which usually leads to layups or open shots.

Just read the Freshman from Blackford my have broken his ankle. That will be a tough loss for the Bruins.  Hope its not to serious.

Giantbeareagle80 you are right they need to find a way to get their leading scorer #34 to facilitate more and involve others also was slow and out of position alot on defense.. there was a couple of guys who shot decent i know the big #44 was very efficient on offense. Thought their personnel against Oak Hill and Cowan was great. Had good rhyhm. 

Edited by caliboy24

Thursday

Alex @ Lapel

Bluffton @ Eastbrook

Frankton @ Mount Vernon

OH @ Eastern

Taylor @ Elwood

Tri Central @ Blackford

Saturday

Delta @ Ole Miss

MG @ Taylor

Frankton up to No. 3 and OH is at No. 12 in latest 2A poll

Will be interested to see how teams respond to last week's games.

Will Alex bounce back? 

What Eastbrook team shows up for the rest of the year?

Will Frankton continue it' strong 2nd half?

Will Oak Hill make a run and be strong for sectionals?

Elwood even in losses has been competitive. May be a dangerous 1st game at sectionals.

Is Mlackford a 1 trick pony or can they survive without their star for a few weeks.

Ole Miss is athletic. Can they finish strong?

Mg keep working hard toward next few years.

Alexandria played Lapel last night. While their top scorer was out (sick) they had real good ball movement. Alot more ball movement. It was a 2 point game till 4min to go. Alex got killed in the paint but looked much better from perimeter. 

Looks like Frankton hung in there with a decent 4A school for about 3 quarters at MVHS.  I'd call it a good loss, if there is such a thing................

Alex and Frankton were the only CIC teams to lose last night though, not too bad.

Ya I think the same about the frankton game. I think Alex also used it to figure themselves out. Richardson(lapel) had a big night. Lapel could not keep up with Alex ball movement. Lots of open shots but legs got tired in the end. Shot selection was much better.

Frankton- still the strongest team in their conference. Solid team well coached.

Oak hill- still my 2 seed. Solid team.

Mississinewa- has played real well as of late. We will see how they finish. Very athletic in the paint.

Alexandria- trying things to get ready for sectionals. Like their last game felt they played more as a team.

Blackford- need their star back but still having a great year.

Eastbrook- could be a tough out in sectional. 

Elwood- scrappy and athletic. Hustle hard.

Madison Grant- like Alexandria will be better in 2019 and 2020..

Tuesday

Frankton @ Hamilton Heights

Ole Miss @ Marion

Northfield @ Eastbrook

Thursday

Muncie Burris @ Alex

South Adams @ Blackford

Southwood @ MG

Friday

Blackford @ OH

Eastern @ Elwood

Ole Miss @ Frankton

Wes Del @ Eastbrook

Saturday

Alex @ MG

Elwood @ Tri Central

Great win Frankton!

Ole Miss tough loss not sure what happen.

Frankton Junior, Kayden Key gets his #1000 point last night 

Congratulations.

They pick up the win on a pretty good 3A Hamilton Heights team.

Kayden Key is a great kid. 

Good luck to all teams this weekend.