fenderbender

Evans Brothers Leave Central

good out of the SIAC and now Princeton and the Big 8 problem and I do mean problem. One sentance in the article sums it up. “Has to sit out the first game for getting thrown out of Centrals last game”. 

Bottom line Central couldnt wait to get them out that is probably why they didnt hesitate to sign the release, and without a coach hired dad probably  didnt know if he would be on the sidelines. Is it possible Coach Manners is thinking about mainly one game for the next few years.

1 hour ago, reitzfan98 said:

Gibson Southern, in my opinion, will be enthusiastic about a more competitive non-conference game.

Edited by Titan32

At least they didn’t have to go all the way to Lithuania to find a league to play in. 

Big 8 track meet could be an eye opener for their competition. 

• Like 1

Princeton is the perfect spot for them.  They will be treated like rock stars and they will be able to do and get away with what they want.  Princeton already has a track record for having great athletes that cause problems.  I look forward to seeing how this turns out. Maybe Princeton learned from their mistakes, I doubt it!  

The one thing I really want to reiterate is that we have four young men, and a young lady that is a fifth-grader, that we want to get acclimated academically and socially first," he said. "And then kind of worry about athletics, and that is kind of our goal."    Quote from AD in PDClarion

Wasn't he the AD when the other rock stars roamed their halls? I will say at least they have a different principal.

To be clear, this isn't about the students.  The adults are the ones that allowed it to happen last time.

• Like 3

On 1/12/2018 at 1:06 PM, reitzfan98 said:

good out of the SIAC and now Princeton and the Big 8 problem and I do mean problem. One sentance in the article sums it up. “Has to sit out the first game for getting thrown out of Centrals last game”. 

I figured they wanted to get away from East Central (if they were lucky enough to get there again to face EC, they were going to get throttled even worse next year) EC is going to be ungodly next year. 

Central would have been very good next year as well.  I don't think it was their choosing to transfer.

17 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I figured they wanted to get away from East Central (if they were lucky enough to get there again to face EC, they were going to get throttled even worse next year) EC is going to be ungodly next year. 

With all due respect, I think avoiding East Central was about 9,745th on their list of reasons to transfer.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Heard through the grape vines that Evans has a job and coaching position at the school now.  But how does Evans get a job at the school and a coaching position when a board meeting hasn't even taken place? Shouldn't this have gone through a school board meeting? Must have been  an underground meeting:02_v:. Can someone enlighten us on this?

I believe one of the articles posted on the thread says Johnell Evans took a position as an aid in the life skills / resource program and was also hired as an assistant football coach.  I'm guessing those positions are generally rubber-stamped by the school board.  The article also mentions the aid position was a posted position.  The influx of Evans brothers certainly will make the Big 8 conference season and Sectional 32 more interesting in 2018.  Anyone know who holds the Big 8 rushing record?  Tor'Jon would have shattered the SIAC record had he stayed at Central.   

Did Princeton also get an influx of O linemen transfer in as well. I would be willing to bet that the O line he will have in front of him at Princeton will not even be close to what he is used to running behind. Great running back still need a solid O line and looking at the records of the Princeton program last year Frosh, JV and varsity there is alot of work there to do. The Evans boys will make them better but I wouldnt count on records being set yet. Remember most of there games will be on grass next year and not turf. We seen how effective Central was on grass last year.

On 1/17/2018 at 11:19 AM, oldtimeqb said:

With all due respect, I think avoiding East Central was about 9,745th on their list of reasons to transfer.

So you’re saying it was on their list? I figured it was. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/17/2018 at 4:25 PM, tango said:

Anyone know who holds the Big 8 rushing record?  Tor'Jon would have shattered the SIAC record had he stayed at Central.   

Career record would be Jasper’s Luke Schmidt with 7,275. According to the IHSAA webpage that is 6th all time

Single season I don’t know,. I did a quick search a Mike Burger from Jasper had 2,643 in 1981. 

Is princeton OL as good as Centrals?  He a great back, but we can all be honest.  It's more about the line than anything. 

• Upvote 1

Holy cow no they aren't!  Princeton will beat the bad teams on their schedule but will still struggle against the good teams because their o and d lines are BAD. The Evans brothers left Central because one of them got expelled for fighting so the dad (call him Lavar Ball) decided to run away instead of holding his kids accountable.  Rumor is they showed up to an away Princeton basketball game and had to be removed from the reserved seats of the home team.  The dad then made an A@@ of himself.  Good luck Coach Maners with the @#@show you have inherited!!!!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, greyhound3175 said:

Is princeton OL as good as Centrals?  He a great back, but we can all be honest.  It's more about the line than anything. 

Agreed! I've seen some very good backs struggle as they were consistantly running into brick walls and some very good O-Lines make average backs look phenomenal.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Boilernation said:

Agreed! I've seen some very good backs struggle as they were consistantly running into brick walls and some very good O-Lines make average backs look phenomenal.

I'm not calling him average. He's a special type of running back. You MUST have an OL though.. Is there Conference good.  Forgive my ignorance in this area.  I have not touched basis with my brother down there. I think I will see him this weekend and I'll ask what's going on. 

6 hours ago, CoalMineLegend said:

Holy cow no they aren't!  Princeton will beat the bad teams on their schedule but will still struggle against the good teams because their o and d lines are BAD. The Evans brothers left Central because one of them got expelled for fighting so the dad (call him Lavar Ball) decided to run away instead of holding his kids accountable.  Rumor is they showed up to an away Princeton basketball game and had to be removed from the reserved seats of the home team.  The dad then made an A@@ of himself.  Good luck Coach Maners with the @#@show you have inherited!!!!

"Rumor is they showed up to an away Princeton basketball game and had to be removed from the reserved seats of the home team.  The dad then made an A@@ of himself". 

- Yea, but this is just a rumor right?  I can not see someone logically getting upset about reserved seating if they are not for you lol.  Maybe I am naive in my thoughts. This thread makes me want to ask some questions to some people down there. 

4 hours ago, greyhound3175 said:

I'm not calling him average. He's a special type of running back. You MUST have an OL though.. Is there Conference good.  Forgive my ignorance in this area.  I have not touched basis with my brother down there. I think I will see him this weekend and I'll ask what's going on. 

The Big 8 is usually solid with Jasper, Vincennes Lincoln, Mt. Carmel (Illinois)...then factor in Mt. Vernon, Boonville, and Princeton who can have decent teams every few years.  Washington has been down for a while and I'm not sure what the future holds for the Hatchets.

11 hours ago, greyhound3175 said:

Got ya. I agree with you. A good back still needs a good OL. I'm assuming someone thought I was referring to Evans when I received the downvote. Never seen the kid play. Just generally agreeing with greyhound that an OL plays a huge part in how good a RB is at the HS level.

On 1/17/2018 at 2:47 PM, TitanObserver said:

Heard through the grape vines that Evans has a job and coaching position at the school now.  But how does Evans get a job at the school and a coaching position when a board meeting hasn't even taken place? Shouldn't this have gone through a school board meeting? Must have been  an underground meeting:02_v:. Can someone enlighten us on this?

We are not allowed through the grape vine statements on here. Surprised you have not been reprimanded by Big brother.

Just to add some color to the conversation on what Princeton has in the hopper (before the addition of the Evans Family) and because lower level scores aren't always readily available online.

2015 - GS Frosh 46 Pton Frosh 0
            GS JV      50 Pton JV   6       

2016 - GS Frosh 60 Pton JV 0  (no JV game because our Frosh played their JV)

2017 - GS Frosh 44 Pton Frosh 0
            GS JV      43 Pton JV    0

243-6 in 5 games.

http://44news.wevv.com/evans-brothers-transfer-princeton-football/

Edited by Titan32

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Good news for Princeton though....I saw on twitter they are doing power cleans!  

They're just now starting to do them????