Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
fenderbender

Evans Brothers Leave Central

3 minutes ago, abc123 said:

Several guys 5'10 - 6'1   215-250 

Starting center is 5'10 225

TE Zach Dove is 6'5" 230-240

oh thats not terrible.  if the guys are more to 240-250 and strong that helps 

There are some 240-250 marshmallows. The guys that are 215-230 are stronger than the heavy ones.

Just now, abc123 said:

There are some 240-250 marshmallows. The guys that are 215-230 are stronger than the heavy ones.

Yea now i see the problem 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, abc123 said:

Several guys 5'10 - 6'1   215-250 

Starting center is 5'10 225

TE Zach Dove is 6'5" 230-240

That actually sounds very good sized for a smaller class line (just in terms of size, skill, strength who knows?). CE line has often been talked of as "big" and a year or two maybe that has been accurate, however this past season our starting line averaged 230-235 (state-caliber 5A team). We were well "under-sized" compared to our opponents at Semi-State and State to a little lesser extent. That happens in the regular season as well. When your line is winning the battle in the trenches, it always seems "big".

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, CoalMineLegend said:

Guys...........Princeton lost to Pike Central last year.   PIKE........................CENTRAL.

I bet they don't in the upcoming season!

• Upvote 1

It all depends on how they get used. They have speed like no one else in that conference.. So they will have big years from a numbers standpoint 

Are these legitimate D1 prospects?

8 hours ago, Knowledge said:

Thank you for making my point Knowledge!

The fact that you are excited to point out that they will beat Pike Central next year, well, nevermind. Go get those pesky Chargers!!!!

51 minutes ago, SBguy said:

Are these legitimate D1 prospects?

I would not sa D1.  I do not believe they will meet the height requirement. 

2 hours ago, greyhound3175 said:

It all depends on how they get used. They have speed like no one else in that conference.. So they will have big years from a numbers standpoint 

Jasper is slow.  Hardiman ran all over them last year!  tic

9 minutes ago, JasperWildcats87 said:

Jasper is slow.  Hardiman ran all over them last year!  tic

Didn't Jasper win 47-14?

2 hours ago, greyhound3175 said:

I was b

6 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Didn't Jasper win 47-14?

I was being sarcastic since "no one in the conference has that kind of speed"!   I guess we shouldn't show up! 

lol.   

Edited by JasperWildcats87

Let's just be fair those kids from what I heard will be faster that Hardiman. 

Didn't Jasper have issues with Central speed this year.  I know the game was close, but I remember hearing there was an obvious speed advantage. 

Hardiman is also one kid.  We are talking about 3 explosive athletes game changing athletes 

5 minutes ago, JasperWildcats87 said:

I was b

I was being sarcastic since "no one in the conference has that kind of speed"!   I guess we shouldn't show up! 

lol.   

1 hour ago, greyhound3175 said:

Let's just be fair those kids from what I heard will be faster that Hardiman. 

Didn't Jasper have issues with Central speed this year.  I know the game was close, but I remember hearing there was an obvious speed advantage. 

Hardiman is also one kid.  We are talking about 3 explosive athletes game changing athletes 

My God, will they all carry the ball at the same time?   Central had a great offensive line they were running behind.  They wont have it that good at Princeton.  If they can do it on their own, maybe they ought the start the Evans School.  It doesnt sound like they dont need an offensive line.

Edited by JasperWildcats87

Why yes they will be at least touching the ball on every play because Lavar Ball........I mean Jhonell Evans will be the Princeton OC next year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoalMineLegend said:

Why yes they will be at least touching the ball on every play because Lavar Ball........I mean Jhonell Evans will be the Princeton OC next year.

Wait what? What offense are they running then? 

1 hour ago, JasperWildcats87 said:

My God, will they all carry the ball at the same time?   Central had a great offensive line they were running behind.  They wont have it that good at Princeton.  If they can do it on their own, maybe they ought the start the Evans School.  It doesnt sound like they dont need an offensive line.

Trust me I get what you are saying.  They could if they ran a certain scheme.  I do get you though.   

Well all I can say is I'll have to see come August what they look like. 

This whole thread is so funny.  Sort of depending on the coach that Central brings in, I havent heard names yet, Central will still be better this year without them than Princeton will be with them.  No matter how good of a runner or how fast, if they dont have the Oline in front of them, they wont be very succesfull.  Kills me to say that as much as I detest Central football but with it getting out of the Owens family the attitude and sportsmanship may be greatly improved. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Knowledge said:

Pike Central dropped us. This was happening before they beat us this year, and well before the Evans came.

I think they're still exploring options. If they found someone, I haven't heard.

Their schedule lists Terre Haute North, or at least I read that somewhere.

Edited by eschnur66