Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A Season Outlook--Discuss

6 hours ago, MonkeyButt said:

RB moved before his freshman year. CB also.

Yes. The year before West. 

• 1 month later...

Didn't see a thread for 6A and the season currently, but thought it was interesting to see Sectional 2 with the top 3 scoring defenses in 6A (and all 4 teams in Top 10) so far through Week 2. I do not necessarily expect it to end up that way when it's all said and done, but wanted to give a shoutout to those team's defensive units. 

6A

1. Elkhart   3.50 
2. Penn   6.00
3. Warsaw   7.00

4. Lake Central   8.00
5. Fishers   8.50
6. Crown Point   9.00
7. Hamilton Southeastern   10.50
7. Homestead   10.50
9. Carroll (FW)   12.00
9. Franklin Central   12.00

• Like 1

Can't speak of the south, but after last night, here is where I see the north:.

Tier 1: Carmel, HSE

Tier 2: Penn, Fishers, and Carroll

Tier 3: Westfield, Elkhart, Crown Point

Tier 4: Jefferson, Warsaw, Noblesville, Zionsville, Homestead

Edited by BTF
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, BTF said:

I could get on board with something similar to this but I think you are still underestimating Westfield.

Why the gap between HSE and Fishers? Probably a bad metric but both teams beat a common opponent (NC) by similar margin.  I think this would be a pick ‘em game.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, temptation said:

I could get on board with something similar to this but I think you are still underestimating Westfield.

Why the gap between HSE and Fishers? Probably a bad metric but both teams beat a common opponent (NC) by similar margin.  I think this would be a pick ‘em game.

Probably a combination of Fishers slim win over Pike and HSE living up to their preseason hype after three games. Not sure if you caught it, but in my original post in the 5a thread I had HSE in Tier 2 with Fishers. I'll defer to the Indy guys on this one. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BTF said:

Incredibly ignorant to have Westfield a tier below Penn and Carroll. Your bias is showing sir.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Damn.  Be nice, lol.

Yeah could have been nicer, just tough to show respect to people who either A. Can’t remove their bias when judging how good teams are outside of their area, or B. Just ignore how dominant Indy powerhouses like Westfield have been over non-Indy schools in the postseason.

I really doubt anyone on here with half a brain outside of Fort Wayne would pick Carroll to beat Westfield this year.

4 hours ago, Bears62 said:

Incredibly ignorant  (provincial) to have Westfield a tier below Penn and Carroll. Your bias is showing sir.

Until proven otherwise...  Westfield is the TOP TIER team in the North.  They were our representative last season, and they are formidable this year also.

Having said that....  I have seen Carroll (up front and personal) and believe that they are closing the gap on the Indy Area.  But Sectional #2 is a hell of a Sectional to navigate, and let's talk when the Sectional Finals are decided.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2022 at 4:03 PM, Bears62 said:

Incredibly ignorant to have Westfield a tier below Penn and Carroll. Your bias is showing sir.

"Incredibly ignorant?" I find it comical that you're incredibly angry that one could possibly have the audacity to rank a Fort Wayne team in the Top 15. It's like I said in another post. Never in the history of the game has Fort Wayne not had a representative in the Top 15. And I doubt it'll happen this year. I've got the top ten teams right now out of Indy, yet you're angry that I have Carroll over Westfield and Zionsville. Sorry my opinion that Westfield isn't a top ten team this year offends you.

Here is what a biased poll would look like:

1. Center Grove
  2. Brownsburg 
  3. Cathedral
  4. Carmel
  5. Ben Davis
  6. New Palestine 
  7. Warren Central
  8. Carroll
  9. Hamilton Southeastern
  10. Snider
  11. Westfield 
  12. Fishers
  13. North Side
  14. Roncalli
  15. Dwenger

1 hour ago, BTF said:

"Incredibly ignorant?" I find it comical that you're incredibly angry that one could possibly have the audacity to rank a Fort Wayne team in the Top 15. It's like I said in another post. Never in the history of the game has Fort Wayne not had a representative in the Top 15. And I doubt it'll happen this year. I've got the top ten teams right now out of Indy, yet you're angry that I have Carroll over Westfield and Zionsville. Sorry my opinion that Westfield isn't a top ten team this year offends you.

Here is what a biased poll would look like:

1. Center Grove
  2. Brownsburg 
  3. Cathedral
  4. Carmel
  5. Ben Davis
  6. New Palestine 
  7. Warren Central
  8. Carroll
  9. Hamilton Southeastern
  10. Snider
  11. Westfield 
  12. Fishers
  13. North Side
  14. Roncalli
  15. Dwenger

Where’s Chatard?

23 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Until proven otherwise...  Westfield is the TOP TIER team in the North.  They were our representative last season, and they are formidable this year also.

Having said that....  I have seen Carroll (up front and personal) and believe that they are closing the gap on the Indy Area.  But Sectional #2 is a hell of a Sectional to navigate, and let's talk when the Sectional Finals are decided.

Yeah probably not. It will be Carmel if I am correct that Carmel is in the north this year.

16 minutes ago, BTF said:

The Carroll/Westfield debate will never be settled.

It was in 2021.  With an injured/depleted Westfield on the road at Carroll.   

Again.  Just get through Sectional #2 (Carroll) and let the chips fall.  Stop being so LOCAL in your deference to things!  We have a long way to go in FW at the 6A level.   2023 and beyond will solve/settle things EARLY.  

23 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

Yeah probably not. It will be Carmel if I am correct that Carmel is in the north this year.

We'll see

Edited by Yuccaguy

15 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

It was in 2021.  With an injured/depleted Westfield on the road at Carroll.   

Again.  Just get through Sectional #2 (Carroll) and let the chips fall.  Stop being so LOCAL in your deference to things!  We have a long way to go in FW at the 6A level.   2023 and beyond will solve/settle things EARLY.  

Do me a favor and don't respond to any of my posts. You and I aren't even on the same planet. 

• Disdain 2

18 minutes ago, BTF said:

Do me a favor and don't respond to any of my posts. You and I aren't even on the same planet. 

Just one more thing before you and I part ways................

BTF 8-21-22

I'm not ready to anoint them as a Top 10 team after beating up on a 2a team devastated by graduation and transfers

Yuccaguy 8-21-22

Carroll is NO JOKE!

As for Carroll.  This may be THE team that can compete well into the Semi-State from the FW Area in 6A that those in NE Indiana have been waiting for.

great year for the quality of FB in FW as far as I am concerned. 

I am positive that they (CHS) are a TOP TEN team in that classification, easily. 

Summary: You have Carroll in your Top 10 "easily." I don't have them in my Top 10 at all. But to appease you, I'll "stop being so LOCAL in my deference to things."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Kill me now 1

On 9/4/2022 at 4:17 PM, temptation said:

Damn.  Be nice, lol.

Westfield is on the same level as Carmel based upon my observations.

2 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Do me a favor.  Don't read a response...OR better yet...  Just leave!  

I'll do whatever the HE## I want to do!!!!   

Play nice, everyone.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Play nice, everyone.

I agree.  Been here for YEARS...  And am totally shocked at the situation.  I thought that I had an ability to disagree...and agree as needed.  

And I stand by my perception that Carroll (FW) is a top 10 team....  because they are ranked as such in 6A.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Play nice, everyone.

Telling someone not to respond to your posts is an overreaction. Yuccaguy is an outstanding contributor to this forum who's opinions are as appreciated. We as fans do battle, but at the end of the day we all share the same passion for the greatest game at the greatest level. 

That being said, I have Westfield and Carroll on a level playing field right now after further review. There's something to be said for the Rocks in beating Lawrence Central by a wider margin than HSE did. Carroll/Westfield would be a barnburner in my opinion. I still don't think it will come into fruition though. I think it will be Carmel, HSE, or fishers to represent the area at Semi-State. And Carroll will have their hands full with Penn and Crown Point. No offense to any of the great teams not mentioned. The northern bracket of 6A will be exciting to say the least. 

On 8/29/2022 at 2:06 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Didn't see a thread for 6A and the season currently, but thought it was interesting to see Sectional 2 with the top 3 scoring defenses in 6A (and all 4 teams in Top 10) so far through Week 2. I do not necessarily expect it to end up that way when it's all said and done, but wanted to give a shoutout to those team's defensive units. 

6A

1. Elkhart   3.50 
2. Penn   6.00
3. Warsaw   7.00

4. Lake Central   8.00
5. Fishers   8.50
6. Crown Point   9.00
7. Hamilton Southeastern   10.50
7. Homestead   10.50
9. Carroll (FW)   12.00
9. Franklin Central   12.00

Strength of schedule? 

19 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Play nice, everyone.

I disagree though I am perhaps being a bit unfair.  Westfield is definitely a program on the rise with a bright future, but I believe they are winless all time against Carmel and did not have to go through the Hounds en route to their last two state finals appearances.

I know each team/year is different but I cannot put Westfield on Carmel's level just yet.  That could change in a hurry however.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1