Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DrivenT

Content Removed by provider

1 hour ago, warren05 said:

I'm gonna have to go with Indiana Jones 3 as the best. That Holy Grale is nothing to mess with. 

The correct spelling is Grail

How does one get through life and succeed while possessing the spelling and writing skills of a 6th grader?

Typically, that level of skill will land you a lifetime ticket to the trailer park.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Von2Rov said:

Yes, I agree, but I think Rocky IV was the best of the series.  Dolph is the man!

Greatest Cold War propaganda film of all time Imo.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DrivenT said:

The correct spelling is Grail

How does one get through life and succeed while possessing the spelling and writing skills of a 6th grader?

Typically, that level of skill will land you a lifetime ticket to the trailer park.

Sticks and stones sir sticks and stones.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

In this order....

1.  Kate Jackson

2. Jacqueline Smith

3. Farrah Fawcett

Feel free to debate...

(I don't recognize Cheryl Ladd officially....and only acknowledge Tanya Roberts in the context of Beastmaster).

Those born after the last bicentennial will be lost on this one....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, US 31 said:

In this order....

1.  Kate Jackson

2. Jacqueline Smith

3. Farrah Fawcett

Feel free to debate...

(I don't recognize Cheryl Ladd officially....and only acknowledge Tanya Roberts in the context of Beastmaster).

interchangeable!

RIP FF

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, US 31 said:

In this order....

1.  Kate Jackson

2. Jacqueline Smith

3. Farrah Fawcett

Feel free to debate...

I'd flip Kate Jackson and Jacqueline Smith.   Agreed as regards Tanya Roberts and Beastmaster.

Edited by Lysander
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

Mary Ann

Farrah  Fawcett (Had the poster!)

Jacqueline Smith

Kate Jackson

What boy/man of that era didn't?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 300Game said:

What boy/man of that era didn't?

One of my football coaches had her poster up in his classroom (last I heard he was the superintendent of some school system somewhere in Florida).

• Haha 2

On 1/22/2018 at 6:37 PM, MarshallCounty said:

Fuller House is a nice attempt at an old classic, but will never be Full House.

Ah yes, it's a lot like "Star Trek: The Next Generation". In many ways it's superior but will never be as recognized as the original. - Wayne Campbell

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, foxbat said:

Ah yes, it's a lot like "Star Trek: The Next Generation". In many ways it's superior but will never be as recognized as the original. - Wayne Campbell

I'm a "TOS" guy  - takes a fair amount of geek to figure that acronym out.  Plus, I'm all about hot chicks in miniskirts....still hoping for a tubetop revival as well...though no tubetops in Star Trek (just the oval dirt tracks I attended weekly).  Formative years that have scarred me forever. 

Add that Roddenberry wrote a TON of episodes for arguably the greatest western TV series EVER - "Have Gun Will Travel".

Edited by Lysander
  • Upvote 1

Life is all about perspective...always remember that an elevator smells and looks a lot different to a midget.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The  best thing about the cold weather, that I was reminded of on the way in this morning, is that roadkill doesn't smell as bad.  Especially skunks...

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

On 1/22/2018 at 6:46 PM, bruno_LA said:

Kramer is the most fascinating character on Seinfeld- Elaine is a close 2nd.

Ever watched Curb Your Enthusiasm? Larry David could have played George and the show would have been just as good if not better IMO. Makes you appreciate George's character so much more!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2018 at 7:48 AM, Von2Rov said:

The  best thing about the cold weather, that I was reminded of on the way in this morning, is that roadkill doesn't smell as bad.  Especially skunks...

Wish the same thing could be said about young kids.  My oldest son is soon to be twelve and has been outside playing hard with his friends.  He gets inside and that "boy smell" is quite pronounced when he "thaws out."  I'm quite dreading his high school sports years.  May just have to burn the house and move.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Carmel should be spelled "Caramel"...that would be delicious.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

On 1/27/2018 at 4:57 AM, Lysander said:

Plus, I'm all about hot chicks in miniskirts....still hoping for a tubetop revival as well...though no tubetops in Star Trek (just the oval dirt tracks I attended weekly).  Formative years that have scarred me forever. 

Always been a fan of the scenery on a hot weekend at the dirt tracks myself.  Although I must admit that the Formula 1 race brought in an exceptionally high quality of pit lizards.

On 2/8/2018 at 4:58 PM, HoopsCoach said:

Always been a fan of the scenery on a hot weekend at the dirt tracks myself.  Although I must admit that the Formula 1 race brought in an exceptionally high quality of pit lizards.

Heh......as a teen hanging out at the dirt tracks in the '70s, the clothing (or lack of) make us almost seem Victorian today.   That said, F1 quality in every imaginable sense is world class.  

Still....long for those dirt track tube top days....almost as much as I do when I didn't need a ladder to go over the rim on the court.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:43 AM, Coach Brown said:

Greatest Cold War propaganda film of all time Imo.

"If you can change, and I can change...we all can change!"

"I must break you."

"You will lose."

All great one-liners from R IV.  Two of which (the latter two) come from Drago

• Like 1

Don't let this distract from the fact, that Al Bundy scored 4 touchdown passes in a single game, while playing for Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship. Including the game winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis "Spare Tire" Dixion.

• Haha 4

Let’s also remember that “In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team."