Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NorthKnox94

North Davies...

Recommended Posts

I know there is not suppose to be any speculation or anything like that, but, has North Davies hired a new coach...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NorthKnox94 said:

I know there is not suppose to be any speculation or anything like that, but, has North Davies hired a new coach...

From what I have heard, they are conducting the second round of interviews and a candidate has not been selected yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hearing names... but.... haven't heard any final decisions,,,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miner Pride said:

I'm hearing names... but.... haven't heard any final decisions,,,

 

Same here MP. I've heard a few names and would think a decision should be made soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:34 PM, Miner Pride said:

I'm hearing names... but.... haven't heard any final decisions,,,

 

From this fan's perspective, it will be odd not seeing Scotty on the Cougar sidelines any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

From this fan's perspective, it will be odd not seeing Scotty on the Cougar sidelines any more.

I agree...great Christian man...I think he started the year after i graduated...So, i never got to play against him!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they ever come up with a teaching position for this job? If not, the hire will probably be local. Maybe assistant coaches from another area program?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Woody Hayes said:

Did they ever come up with a teaching position for this job? If not, the hire will probably be local. Maybe assistant coaches from another area program?

i dont know...someone told me they had positions open for next year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard last night they had a hire... somebody from Northern Indiana.  Not sure when they are announcing.  I would assume there is some opening if a guy is coming from that far away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greene County Coach said:

Just heard last night they had a hire... somebody from Northern Indiana.  Not sure when they are announcing.  I would assume there is some opening if a guy is coming from that far away.

Correct. Sounds like he'll be teaching PE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Greene County Coach said:

Just heard last night they had a hire... somebody from Northern Indiana.  Not sure when they are announcing.  I would assume there is some opening if a guy is coming from that far away.

Honest question (last year I had a conversation regarding someone from the region.  The person I was chatting w/ said so and so was from the region.  I said, cool, where?  They said Lafayette.  We had a good chuckle.)....what do you consider Northern Indiana?

Edited by Coach Ellenwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This person didn't say specifically, but I'd heard earlier that there was a candidate from the Huntington/Fort Wayne area... not sure if it was the same guy.... and I didn't hear a specific name.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Honest question (last year I had a conversation regarding someone from the region.  The person I was chatting w/ said so and so was from the region.  I said, cool, where?  They said Lafayette.  We had a good chuckle.)....what do you consider Northern Indiana?

Within 30 miles of Fort Wayne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Woody Hayes said:

Within 30 miles of Fort Wayne

Thanks Woody.

34 minutes ago, Greene County Coach said:

This person didn't say specifically, but I'd heard earlier that there was a candidate from the Huntington/Fort Wayne area... not sure if it was the same guy.... and I didn't hear a specific name.

Thanks.  I wasnt looking for a name.  :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Greene County Coach said:

Just heard last night they had a hire... somebody from Northern Indiana.  Not sure when they are announcing.  I would assume there is some opening if a guy is coming from that far away.

yeah...i heard that also!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I  have heard that North Daviess did, in fact, hire a coach from the Ft.Wayne area. The word is a PE position has been created for him. I would think it must be an advanced PE spot for strength training as North Daviess is in dire need of it. They need it through the entire program. This guy has a ton of work to get done from the bottom to the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Broke the rules, what's new...

Edited by Ltown
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a name on John Harrell football site this weekend. That named was removed. He was a former Head Coach.

Edited by football dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New coach was approved at the school board last night. Trent Fine, previously coached at Monroe Central, Huntington North, New Haven. Sounds like a legit hire for a small school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coaching hires are always interesting. Every school is different what they are looking for. I don't know anything about Coach Fine other than what came up when I googled him and what I saw of his record. And on John Harrell. I would guess that if ND wanted something different than what they have had, they got it.

Edited by JQWL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Coaching hires are always interesting. Every school is different what they are looking for. I don't know anything about Coach Fine other than what came up when I googled him and what I saw of his record. And on John Harrell. I would guess that if ND wanted something different than what they have had, they got it.

I like this move by North Daviess. From the outside it may look like a bit of a gamble, but I'm sure ND dotted every I and crossed every T. Giving a guy a chance to redeem himself should also build loyalty down the road when he has a chance to move on and move up. Why settle for less when you have the chance to get a guy who's had some success on a bigger stage? Good luck to ND and Coach Fine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×