Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
NorthKnox94

North Davies...

1 hour ago, JQWL said:

Coaching hires are always interesting. Every school is different what they are looking for. I don't know anything about Coach Fine other than what came up when I googled him and what I saw of his record. And on John Harrell. I would guess that if ND wanted something different than what they have had, they got it.

He was also the OC at New Haven the last two seasons with a record of 20-3 and lots of points scored.

Sounds like New Haven should've hired him.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, JQWL said:

Sounds like New Haven should've hired him.

New Haven got a Great new coach!

Edited by football dog

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, JQWL said:

Coaching hires are always interesting. Every school is different what they are looking for. I don't know anything about Coach Fine other than what came up when I googled him and what I saw of his record. And on John Harrell. I would guess that if ND wanted something different than what they have had, they got it.

Yes, at ND they were looking for something different.  A coach who will be involved in the youth program and one who hires competent assistants that teach fundamentals. The talent level has been down the last couple of years, but the product on the field should have been better.  There's an old saying, "we have met the enemy and it is us."

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:23 PM, Roy Cohn said:

Yes, at ND they were looking for something different.  A coach who will be involved in the youth program and one who hires competent assistants that teach fundamentals. The talent level has been down the last couple of years, but the product on the field should have been better.  There's an old saying, "we have met the enemy and it is us."

This is kind of what I was saying in an earlier thread.  It starts at the youth/feeder levels.  I think a coach should be involved in the youth program as much as possible.

36 minutes ago, 300Game said:

This is kind of what I was saying in an earlier thread.  It starts at the youth/feeder levels.  I think a coach should be involved in the youth program as much as possible.

So true.  Youth programs and school programs need to work together with the understanding what is the END GAME......

For some it is youth

For some it is ms

For some it is hs

For some it is college

For few it is professional.

The youth program around me needs to understand this much better.  They run it like the end all, be all is pop warner.  Many kids do not even make it to play hs bc they are burned out from pop warner.....over practicing, watching film at the local library, yelling and screaming at the youth, doing combines, etc.  The coaches (at least the ones running the board) are conveying w their actions that pop warner is more important to them, the coaches, and the select few of  the most "talented" kids.  They really are a running joke around the Demotte/Wheatfield area and are DIRECTLY effecting the amount of players that play at the high school.  Many of the "uppers" in pop warner have terrible attitudes, and that trickles down to some of the players.  This then continues if the kids play hs ball.  

When I coached at KV, we tried to reach out to work WITH the pop warner and they said no but they would be willing to help us.  I had to chuckle at that one, especially after I spoke to one of the coaches on how to block a simple ISO play out of pro-I vs. a 4-4 defense (I used the technique names instead of DE or T).  He didn't know what a 3 or a 6 were.  But hey sure pal, we will take your advice.

Edited by Coach Ellenwood
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It will take time, but I hope he has success with the Cougars.  They've been down the past few years.  At this point, the program could use a shot of "new energy".