Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Nothing But The Hits: The Gridiron Digest in 2001

14 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Howdy,

TGD has existed in one form or another since 1998. After some deep digging, I believe that I found one of the oldest archived Gridiron Digest forum pages...

https://web.archive.org/web/20010126140300/http://sportsonly.com:80/p/1565/#post

Enjoy

A friend mentioned the page to me around 04, and this is what it looked like then. Great find. 

• Thanks 1

OK, here's your one free pass. What former moniker/handle(s) did you use 20+ years ago?

I went by my name when I was actively working in newsrooms and reporting at the Ev Courier, Bloomington H-T, and Spencer County JD/News.

Brief stint of PAC Fan or something of the sort.

I believe @dawgieinthepound was still shoving Playdough up his nose then ... well he still might be.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

OK, here's your one free pass. What former moniker/handle(s) did you use 20+ years ago?

I went by my name when I was actively working in newsrooms and reporting at the Ev Courier, Bloomington H-T, and Spencer County JD/News.

Brief stint of PAC Fan or something of the sort.

I believe @dawgieinthepound was still shoving Playdough up his nose then ... well he still might be.

Same ole', same ole'.  Been 77Jimmie since 1998.  (But TA used to call me Jimmie77.)

I definitely remember this setup!  I was getting in to it with supposedly Monrovia's starting QB on the day of the game... we went up there...and I stood on the field waiting for him to come up to me... but ... LOL... obviously it wasn't him to begin with.  Prolly was some kid though..   it was prolly 2001.  This sure takes me back!! 

I've been Miner Pride since the day I signed up... but it's got the "_" in there now.. I can't recall why.  I think one of the resets someone beat me to Miner Pride...  course they aren't around anymore.  

20 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

We met once... long ago after a Linton sectional game somewhere....or else I talked to you by phone...  you wanted the Game stats from our 1A game... dang tho..that's been

ages ago.  prolly phone cause if you were there... well.. you'd of had stats....and I doubt you were there LOL.