Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

So what is the future of The Western Indiana Conference?

So what is the future of The Western Indiana Conference?

Lots of moving parts to address.

Cascade leaving the Indiana Crossroads and joining the WIC in 2023.

How will the new Green/Gold divisions align going forward?

Will Indian Creek stay in the fold or possibly flip spots with Cascade?

Is West Vigo next up to be promoted to the big school division?

Is Northview sticking around or possibly considering a move to Conference Indiana?

Will the two Terre Haute schools have a seat at the table if they consolidate and downsize to three schools with 3A and 4A enrollments?

Do the WIC schools want to align with Terre Haute?

One thing is for sure. The WIC has some of the most vocal and loyal schools in the entire state. These schools love their high school sports, and their support for their teams is off the charts.

WIC fans, non WIC fans, lets hear your thoughts on where this great Indiana conference is heading.

279839101_323741966619229_5232920909723529931_n.jpg

2 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Hard to see Northview going to CI. It's a bit on the big side for the WIC, but it's way too small for Conference Indiana and its enrollment hasn't been growing for years. 

Northview to Conference Indiana would only be a desperation move by CI to stay in existence. Kind of like how the American Athletic Conference is bringing in teams like Florida Atlantic, North Texas, Rice, UTSA, Charlotte, and UAB to make up for losing Cincinnati, Houston, and UCF. They’re not bringing those schools in because of athletic success or even financial value. They’re bringing them in so they don’t disband.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see Linton get in the WIC again. Its a multi class conference with some good teams. Independent is great however the reduced travel time is also great. Linton is just a 2A school and that would probably wreck their plans as the Miners would run through it as a lowly 2A school. Just a thought.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, globemstr3 said:

I would love to see Linton get in the WIC again. Its a multi class conference with some good teams. Independent is great however the reduced travel time is also great. Linton is just a 2A school and that would probably wreck their plans as the Miners would run through it as a lowly 2A school. Just a thought.

You have to layoff the sauce.  Have you seen our schedule? What's great about it? We're traveling all over Southern Indiana to play the weakest schedule we've had in years. Five 1A teams, two 2A, one 3A, and one 4A.  Oh, and our five road games average 125 miles round trip.  No clue why we're traveling 430 miles to play four 1A teams on the road (other road game is at Boonville). 

2 hours ago, hick said:

You have to layoff the sauce.  Have you seen our schedule? What's great about it? We're traveling all over Southern Indiana to play the weakest schedule we've had in years. Five 1A teams, two 2A, one 3A, and one 4A.  Oh, and our five road games average 125 miles round trip.  No clue why we're traveling 430 miles to play four 1A teams on the road (other road game is at Boonville). 

I was referring to a reduced travel time if in the WIC! Yes Im quite familiar with our schedule traveling all over the southern part of the state I don't see it helps much. No sauce involved...thank you.

• Like 1

The WIC makes no sense for several teams - Cloverdale, South Putnam, North Putnam or Cascade...the four smallest schools in it and 2 of them being so far north and east of most teams. These four teams should find better fits. It would be awesome if NP & SP could move into the WRC! Maybe South Vermillion can go back to the WIC to open up a move!

On 8/1/2022 at 6:51 AM, globemstr3 said:

I was referring to a reduced travel time if in the WIC! Yes Im quite familiar with our schedule traveling all over the southern part of the state I don't see it helps much. No sauce involved...thank you.

Linton was actually invited to the WIC a few years ago and it turned it down I heard. I'm not a fan of the conference to be honest. Especially in baseball. West Vigo hasn't lost a conference game since 2019 in baseball. Most of the schools that joined a few years ago haven't really been competitive besides South Put. 

Also heard like 2 years ago that Northview was looking for a way out, not sure if they ever did. 

5 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

Cascade coming back in has a pretty good Baseball Program currently.

They probably shouldn't have left the WIC. They weren't gone for long. I'd like to see some new flavor in the conference but it's got a large number already. Would have to drop some schools first.

5 minutes ago, globemstr3 said:

I would think Linton, Sullivan, and North Knox would be GREAT additions.

Sullivan is already there, right? Adding Lincoln, Linton and N. Knox would seem to help all 3 and could be doable with the 2 divisions. Linton's current schedule is not going to get them prepared for a team like Mater Dei.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tango said:

Sullivan is already there, right? Adding Lincoln, Linton and N. Knox would seem to help all 3 and could be doable with the 2 divisions. Linton's current schedule is not going to get them prepared for a team like Mater Dei.  

Sullivan is, yes.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 1:32 PM, wvigo13 said:

Linton was actually invited to the WIC a few years ago and it turned it down I heard. I'm not a fan of the conference to be honest. Especially in baseball. West Vigo hasn't lost a conference game since 2019 in baseball. Most of the schools that joined a few years ago haven't really been competitive besides South Put. 

Also heard like 2 years ago that Northview was looking for a way out, not sure if they ever did. 

This is true. Linton was invited, I believe in 2018?

And yes, baseball was a factor, so the AD told me. They didn’t like the idea of playing a full round-robin conference scheduled. It didn’t leave enough room on the slate to step outside the conference to play the likes of Castle and Jasper.