Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
nmsu aggie

LCC has a new coach

Great!  Glad to have Coach Nay on board.  Looking forward to seeing him take the reins at LCC.

He says in article he felt like CC was in position to win all but 2 games last fall.  I'd like to know which 2 he felt those were?  Obviously, he must have fast forwarded through a few of those videos of other games.

Edited by takkle4
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 2/2/2018 at 3:48 PM, takkle4 said:

He says in article he felt like CC was in position to win all but 2 games last fall.  I'd like to know which 2 he felt those were?  Obviously, he must have fast forwarded through a few of those videos of other games.

I only see two major blowouts from last season. He was probably just looking at the schedule and came to the same conclusion that I did. There were only two games, vs Jeff and WL, and arguably the third vs Pioneer, in which LCC was not competitive or had a chance to win. You probably see it as a direct shot at Pioneer. I don't, because their new coach is probably not very familiar with the Pioneer program. 

Screenshot_20180204-125000.png

Actually Andy, LCC might've been more competitive in Jeff game than pioneer game 

pioneer led 28-7 at half

jeff led 13-0 

its all relative, new coach has to get the kids to believe...coachspeak is common.  Takkle4 wants to keep his edge I think :02_v:

The actual question Coach Nay was asked "How does this schedule prepare you for the post season?"

Get your panties out of your cracks. 

I just hope Coach Nay can elevate the program to the elite status that Pioneer is currently. LCC was a once proud program, with a lot of hard work we can get back to that status. 

Edited by LCCAlum
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

Sure, that works in theory, but what if I'm wearing a thong?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, LCCAlum said:

The actual question Coach Nay was asked "How does this schedule prepare you for the post season?"

I just hope Coach Nay can elevate the program to the elite status that Pioneer is currently. LCC was a once proud program, with a lot of hard work we can get back to that status. 

Was once a proud program??? You won state in 2015....one down year and the sky is falling??

You LLC folks may wear "panties" idk

but don't get em in a bunch over us

Edited by CharlieTweeder
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Woody Hayes said:

Sure, that works in theory, but what if I'm wearing a thong?

TMI

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LCCAlum said:

But upon researching the program via Hudl highlights, Nay's excitement to inherit a program known for its dominance of Class A over the last decade was hard to hide.

"That wasn't a 4-8 team. The film does not lie. Every coach knows that," Nay said. "Looking at the results and getting introduced to the players through film, some things just didn't go their way at times, but I felt like they were in positions to win all but probably two of those football games last year."

I don't see where that answer fits your proposed question LCCAlum?

On 2/2/2018 at 3:48 PM, takkle4 said:

They could've won every game besides Jeff, West Lafayette, and Pioneer. The Jeff game could've easily been 14-14 going into half, they just didn't convert on crucial opportunities and didn't throughout the year in different situations. 

1 hour ago, takkle4 said:

But upon researching the program via Hudl highlights, Nay's excitement to inherit a program known for its dominance of Class A over the last decade was hard to hide.

"That wasn't a 4-8 team. The film does not lie. Every coach knows that," Nay said. "Looking at the results and getting introduced to the players through film, some things just didn't go their way at times, but I felt like they were in positions to win all but probably two of those football games last year."

I don't see where that answer fits your proposed question LCCAlum?

Guess I wasn't in the room.

Clearly the Panther faithful and coaching staff know all, the rest of us are not worthy of being on this message board. 

On 2/5/2018 at 9:33 AM, CharlieTweeder said:

Actually Andy, LCC might've been more competitive in Jeff game than pioneer game 

pioneer led 28-7 at half

jeff led 13-0 

its all relative, new coach has to get the kids to believe...coachspeak is common.  Takkle4 wants to keep his edge I think :02_v:

Jeff led 14-0 at the half and Jeff was up 42-0 at the end of the 3rd.  Pioneer led 41-7 at the end of the 3rd.  LCC won the 4th 13-7.  LCC just gave up in the 2nd half of the Jeff game.  LCC was a little competitive against Pioneer.  LCC didn't really have a coach when they played Pioneer, but they did the best they could.

9 hours ago, Tippy said:

Jeff led 14-0 at the half and Jeff was up 42-0 at the end of the 3rd.  Pioneer led 41-7 at the end of the 3rd.  LCC won the 4th 13-7.  LCC just gave up in the 2nd half of the Jeff game.  LCC was a little competitive against Pioneer.  LCC didn't really have a coach when they played Pioneer, but they did the best they could.

I think Onken did a great job when he took over. Got the kids excited and into an offensive scheme that fit their players better IMO. Big loss for LCC during the Pioneer game was when they lost #24 to injury early on.

Big questions for new staff is if they maintain the same defensive scheme or not, and also if they have the type of players to fit his offense.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Tippy said:

I think the Panthers called off the dogs in the 4th quarter. 

Didn't LCC just get a new coach last year?

Is this going to be a yearly thing with them?

Is he any relation to former high school basketball coach Jack Nay?

15 minutes ago, Grover said:

Is he any relation to former high school basketball coach Jack Nay?

Or my grandma? We used to call her Nay Nay :14_v:

Question,: when is a 4-8 team not a 4-8 team?

Answer: NEVER

You are what your record says you are. 

There's a reason they keep score.

To say otherwise is a direct insult to every team that beat you. 

Edited by Nickelbackjack
  • Upvote 1

In a related story Coach Neigh whinnied '. We'd have won all those games

But we just didn't have the horses."

Edited by Nickelbackjack
  • Haha 1