Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
sls

New Haven's New Football Coach is...

Defensive Coordinator Jimmy Linn has been named Head Coach! Congrats Jimmy!

• Upvote 2

I went to high school with Jimmy. He was as good of a Whitko Wildcat as they come. Good luck Coach!

• Upvote 1

It's time to implement the 12-team SAC. New Haven has proven in recent years that they are ready to roll with the big boys.

45 minutes ago, panamabob said:

Really the best candidate? 

You are really going to ask that? That is sad. He has been an assistant for 13 years, and has been the defensive coordinator for many of those years. How about trying to ask someone who has worked along side him that question, rather than trying to trash him on here or question the move? You should know better. Seeing what he is doing with the wrestling program has been phenominal, especially at the youth level. Having coached and worked along side him for 10 years now, there is no doubt in my mind that this was a great hire; not that anyone owes YOU  an explanation though. 

• Upvote 3

Not that I like Bob, but it's a legitimate question. I wouldn't call it "sad." New Haven has built a pretty good football program, so the idea of going outside the program to find a proven head coach wouldn't have been a bad idea. However, hiring a guy from within who has been with the program for 13 years isn't such a bad idea either. I like the move personally, but I'm not going to blame someone for asking if he's the "best candidate." It's actually a compliment to the program. If Prarie Heights asked the band director to double as the head football coach, would anyone even care? New Haven isn't Prarie Heights.

You would be right BTF if someone with no connection to the district had asked. But I know Bob and I know he has someone very specific in mind when he asks, so the implication is that the coach chosen is not the best candidate. 

34 minutes ago, Irishman said:

You would be right BTF if someone with no connection to the district had asked. But I know Bob and I know he has someone very specific in mind when he asks, so the implication is that the coach chosen is not the best candidate. 

Valid

I would add that I am not going to put any of the coaches who interviewed down or question their credentials. I think the determining factor is that administrators were thinking long term here, and don’t want to be looking for a coach every few years. None of us here were part of the process, including sitting in on the interviews; so It’s not fair for him to question if this was the best hire. 

Time will tell.  We all have opinions.  Now, how many teams would turn down coaches with blue rings in district? That coach has a grandson in 3rd grade and I'm sure he told you he had every intention of coaching him.  Sounds like a possible case if age discrimination.  

Edited by panamabob

10 minutes ago, panamabob said:

Time will tell.  We all have opinions.  Now, how many teams would turn down coaches with blue rings in district? 

Just stop now. This line is not fair to either of the coaches, or the programs they represent at this point. You should know better. As I stated, you were not part of the interview process at all, so it is not appropriate for you to be questioning this. 

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Just stop now. This line is not fair to either of the coaches, or the programs they represent at this point. You should know better. As I stated, you were not part of the interview process at all, so it is not appropriate for you to be questioning this. 

1 minute ago, panamabob said:

Time will tell.

You both know each other off of this website, don't you?

We taught in the same district and have a lot of the same friends and enamigos!  We're just having a spat.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, panamabob said:

Time will tell.

How? What's the ruler/standard tied to time?

It's been made clear to me that we have no idea how well the other coaches would have done.  Bobref should read the evidence.  I wasn't in the interviews, so clearly resumes were equal.

1 hour ago, panamabob said:

It's been made clear to me that we have no idea how well the other coaches would have done.  Bobref should read the evidence.  I wasn't in the interviews, so clearly resumes were equal.

I’ll pass.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, bobref said:

I’ll pass.

It's intriguing, but I'm finished.   

• Thanks 2

I had no input as to who the next HFC would be at NHHS.  Coach in question certainly has credentials and undoubtedly would do a great job wherever he goes, but I am happy to see a loyal and dedicated assistant get rewarded for 13 years of dedicated and passionate work at NHHS.  Jimmy Linn is as good a person you will come across, and I wish him and the Bulldogs nothing but the best!  Both of these men are going to mold players through the game of football.  I have no doubt about that!

Go 'Dogs!

Coach Rowland

Edited by CoachR
  • Upvote 3