Sign in to follow this  
itiswhatitis

2018 Indianapolis Colts

New head coach, new strategy?  With the hiring of Frank Reich, I wonder how the draft and Free Agency will go this year?  It seems last year there was a lot of defense chosen/signed.  I'm reading that the defense is going to be "blown up" somewhat and changed again this year.  We NEED an edge rusher badly.  Rather than draft a newbie in Chubb, I've seen a few names on free agency lists that might fill the need:  Demarcus Lawrence (probably will stay in Dallas), Zeke Ansah, Detroit, Alex Okafor, New Orleans, Julius Peppers, Carolina.  All of these players are proven edge rushers.  I would argue why draft one and have to develop him when there are several available with experience?  With 80+ million in cap space, they could easily sign one.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  With the third pick, I would take Barkley (if he's there).  He is a once in a generation type running back and would step in and make an impact from day one.  If the Browns pass on him with the first pick, I'd grab him up at #3. All things being equal, the Colts running game would be in good shape for the next 8 - 10 years.  I'm not hearing too many warm, fuzzy things about Luck.  I said it last year and I'll say it again this year:  I think he's done playing.  I've heard rumors he needs more surgery, but there is really nothing they can do for him.  So there's that.  I also said it won't surprise me if he ends up retiring.  IF that happens, then I guess the Colts will be looking for another quarterback.  Ah, the drama of it all.

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

New head coach, new strategy?  With the hiring of Frank Reich, I wonder how the draft and Free Agency will go this year?  It seems last year there was a lot of defense chosen/signed.  I'm reading that the defense is going to be "blown up" somewhat and changed again this year.  We NEED an edge rusher badly.  Rather than draft a newbie in Chubb, I've seen a few names on free agency lists that might fill the need:  Demarcus Lawrence (probably will stay in Dallas), Zeke Ansah, Detroit, Alex Okafor, New Orleans, Julius Peppers, Carolina.  All of these players are proven edge rushers.  I would argue why draft one and have to develop him when there are several available with experience?  With 80+ million in cap space, they could easily sign one.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  With the third pick, I would take Barkley (if he's there).  He is a once in a generation type running back and would step in and make an impact from day one.  If the Browns pass on him with the first pick, I'd grab him up at #3. All things being equal, the Colts running game would be in good shape for the next 8 - 10 years.  I'm not hearing too many warm, fuzzy things about Luck.  I said it last year and I'll say it again this year:  I think he's done playing.  I've heard rumors he needs more surgery, but there is really nothing they can do for him.  So there's that.  I also said it won't surprise me if he ends up retiring.  IF that happens, then I guess the Colts will be looking for another quarterback.  Ah, the drama of it all.

I think you gotta take Chubb at 3. Peppers is only staying around for 1 more year in the league, so that seems like a waste of a signing (Anybody remember Trent Cole?). I don't see Ansah getting out of Detroit and even if he does you still need at least 1 more guys who can rush the passer. Plus Chubb is a very good run stopper; I don't see him ever leading the league in sacks but his motor and effort is at a very high level at all times. Should be a start for 8-10 years, which is what the Colts need right now, they are still 2 years away from competing at the highest level.

I really like Barkley and think he will be very good, but I would never draft a RB that high. If it were me I would focus the draft on defense and use the free agency money on the offensive side. The offensive line obviously needs to be addressed, maybe draft one in the 2nd-3rd round if there is a steal available. There are some quality running backs and wide receivers that are going to hit the market. My free agent money would be used going after guys like Dion Lewis, Rex Burkhead, Kenjon Barner, Isaiah Crowell, Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee, Sammy Watkins, Terrelle Pryor, Cameron Fleming, LaAdrian Waddle, DJ Fluker, and resigning Mewhort and Moncrief on short-term "prove it" type of deals if possible.

I'm sure there will be a QB drafted late or signed as a 2nd backup option in case Luck doesn't come back, but I don't see Irsay allowing any type of move that might hurt his boy Andrew's feelings. If Luck comes back healthy by week 4 of the season and you can bring in a couple of those free agent weapons for the offense I think the Colts will compete for a wild card spot in the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

I think you gotta take Chubb at 3. Peppers is only staying around for 1 more year in the league, so that seems like a waste of a signing (Anybody remember Trent Cole?). I don't see Ansah getting out of Detroit and even if he does you still need at least 1 more guys who can rush the passer. Plus Chubb is a very good run stopper; I don't see him ever leading the league in sacks but his motor and effort is at a very high level at all times. Should be a start for 8-10 years, which is what the Colts need right now, they are still 2 years away from competing at the highest level.

I really like Barkley and think he will be very good, but I would never draft a RB that high. If it were me I would focus the draft on defense and use the free agency money on the offensive side. The offensive line obviously needs to be addressed, maybe draft one in the 2nd-3rd round if there is a steal available. There are some quality running backs and wide receivers that are going to hit the market. My free agent money would be used going after guys like Dion Lewis, Rex Burkhead, Kenjon Barner, Isaiah Crowell, Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee, Sammy Watkins, Terrelle Pryor, Cameron Fleming, LaAdrian Waddle, DJ Fluker, and resigning Mewhort and Moncrief on short-term "prove it" type of deals if possible.

I'm sure there will be a QB drafted late or signed as a 2nd backup option in case Luck doesn't come back, but I don't see Irsay allowing any type of move that might hurt his boy Andrew's feelings. If Luck comes back healthy by week 4 of the season and you can bring in a couple of those free agent weapons for the offense I think the Colts will compete for a wild card spot in the playoffs.

You give them a LOT more credit than I do and you are a Pats fan.  I'm just hoping they can get back to .500 this season (with or without Luck).  I have to  disagree that Barkely isn't worth a high draft pick.  As I said, he's a once in a generation type back.  He can run, catch, block and even return kickoffs and punts.  The guy was already an NFL back in college.  Most college backs can run, but have to develop the blocking and/or pass catching after they get in the NFL.  He's already got all of that down.  That's why I believe he's worth a very high pick.  Normally I would agree with you, but not in his case.  Have seen on some mocks that the Browns are projected to take Barkley with their #1 pick.  I'd still rather go after a proven edge rusher in FA than draft Chubb that high.  He will still have to be developed.  Not too many defensive linemen make All Star their rookie year so if they DO draft Chubb, I'm not counting on much from him this year.  Just saying that bringing in a rookie at that position, he'll probably get abused for a while.  The Colts need an edge rusher and need one NOW.  I'm just wanting to see some of the injured guys get back on the field and stay healthy for the Colts.  One big name that comes to mind is Hooker.  He had what?  3 picks in his first four games last year and then got hurt.  His upside is unlimited in the Colts secondary.  I want to see what he can do playing a full schedule and what impact it will have throughout the defense.  Yes, the offensive line needs help.  It's an old story with them.  Most Colts fans have been saying that for the past 6 or 7 years.  Maybe this is the year the Colts front office gets it right.   I really wish the Colts could get Lawrence away from the Cowboys, but Dallas will probably stick the franchise tag on him.  He's a beast!  It may be nice that Chubb is a good run stopper, but the Colts REALLY need a guy who can get to the QB.  They need that sack artist who commands double teams freeing up someone else to get the sack.  Right now, Chubb is an unknown.  With 80+ million in cap space, the Colts should be big time players in FA this year.  I just hope they spend it wisely. 

4 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

You give them a LOT more credit than I do and you are a Pats fan.  I'm just hoping they can get back to .500 this season (with or without Luck).  I have to  disagree that Barkely isn't worth a high draft pick.  As I said, he's a once in a generation type back.  He can run, catch, block and even return kickoffs and punts.  The guy was already an NFL back in college.  Most college backs can run, but have to develop the blocking and/or pass catching after they get in the NFL.  He's already got all of that down.  That's why I believe he's worth a very high pick.  Normally I would agree with you, but not in his case.  Have seen on some mocks that the Browns are projected to take Barkley with their #1 pick.  I'd still rather go after a proven edge rusher in FA than draft Chubb that high.  He will still have to be developed.  Not too many defensive linemen make All Star their rookie year so if they DO draft Chubb, I'm not counting on much from him this year.  Just saying that bringing in a rookie at that position, he'll probably get abused for a while.  The Colts need an edge rusher and need one NOW.  I'm just wanting to see some of the injured guys get back on the field and stay healthy for the Colts.  One big name that comes to mind is Hooker.  He had what?  3 picks in his first four games last year and then got hurt.  His upside is unlimited in the Colts secondary.  I want to see what he can do playing a full schedule and what impact it will have throughout the defense.  Yes, the offensive line needs help.  It's an old story with them.  Most Colts fans have been saying that for the past 6 or 7 years.  Maybe this is the year the Colts front office gets it right.   I really wish the Colts could get Lawrence away from the Cowboys, but Dallas will probably stick the franchise tag on him.  He's a beast!  It may be nice that Chubb is a good run stopper, but the Colts REALLY need a guy who can get to the QB.  They need that sack artist who commands double teams freeing up someone else to get the sack.  Right now, Chubb is an unknown.  With 80+ million in cap space, the Colts should be big time players in FA this year.  I just hope they spend it wisely. 

I agree with a lot you say about Barkley, I think he’s great, but Chubb fills a bigger need. He can be that guy you are talking about; I believe he had 20 sacks and over 40 TFL’s the last 2 seasons. And he’s a true 4-3 end, which the Colts don’t have a ton of to fill Eberflus’ defensive scheme. There are good running backs that will go on day 2 if the draft that the Colts can get and there are several available in Free Agency. If they draft Barkley at 3 I don’t think it is a terrible pick, just not the best IMO. And I doubt they would have him returning kicks if they drafted him there too lol 

16 hours ago, FishDuck said:

I agree with a lot you say about Barkley, I think he’s great, but Chubb fills a bigger need. He can be that guy you are talking about; I believe he had 20 sacks and over 40 TFL’s the last 2 seasons. And he’s a true 4-3 end, which the Colts don’t have a ton of to fill Eberflus’ defensive scheme. There are good running backs that will go on day 2 if the draft that the Colts can get and there are several available in Free Agency. If they draft Barkley at 3 I don’t think it is a terrible pick, just not the best IMO. And I doubt they would have him returning kicks if they drafted him there too lol 

If they draft Barkley, oh hell no he won't be returning kicks.  LOL  I get what you are saying about the need of a Chubb, however, as I said, Barkley is that once in a generation type player.  The Colts need a running back for the future and Mack isn't it.  I think this will be Gore's last season so (I say) grab your guy while he's there.  No matter who drafts him, Barkley will be an impact player from day one.  I still think they can get a really good edge rusher in Free Agency.  Chubb may have been a star in college, but we both know in the pro's it's a different animal.  It takes most of those edge rushers a couple of years to get the technique down and polish their moves.  Mathais and Freeney didn't start day one being the force they were.  It took a while.  At one time, they were the best tandem in the NFL.  Again, those once in a generation players ended up on the same team.  That's hard to do these days since players move from team to team for the $$.  And maybe, Chubb will be that kind of guy.  I'd still rather have someone who's proven at the pro level in that spot on the defense.  With the amount of money the Colts have in cap space, they SHOULD get some quality bodies to fill some of their needs.  Last year Ballard went on the cheap (sort of).  This year I expect him to open up the pocketbook a little more.  Should make for an interesting FA period and draft.  And, as always, enjoy the discussion(s) with you Fishduck!

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

If they draft Barkley, oh hell no he won't be returning kicks.  LOL  I get what you are saying about the need of a Chubb, however, as I said, Barkley is that once in a generation type player.  The Colts need a running back for the future and Mack isn't it.  I think this will be Gore's last season so (I say) grab your guy while he's there.  No matter who drafts him, Barkley will be an impact player from day one.  I still think they can get a really good edge rusher in Free Agency.  Chubb may have been a star in college, but we both know in the pro's it's a different animal.  It takes most of those edge rushers a couple of years to get the technique down and polish their moves.  Mathais and Freeney didn't start day one being the force they were.  It took a while.  At one time, they were the best tandem in the NFL.  Again, those once in a generation players ended up on the same team.  That's hard to do these days since players move from team to team for the $$.  And maybe, Chubb will be that kind of guy.  I'd still rather have someone who's proven at the pro level in that spot on the defense.  With the amount of money the Colts have in cap space, they SHOULD get some quality bodies to fill some of their needs.  Last year Ballard went on the cheap (sort of).  This year I expect him to open up the pocketbook a little more.  Should make for an interesting FA period and draft.  And, as always, enjoy the discussion(s) with you Fishduck!

Quality pass rushers don't hit free agency, though. They're drafted and groomed, but if they're worth their salt, they stay where they are. You might get a flawed situational pass rusher (Mingo, Sheard, Simon, e.g.), but a complete edge presence has to be home-grown.

40 minutes ago, Coach Pierson said:

Quality pass rushers don't hit free agency, though. They're drafted and groomed, but if they're worth their salt, they stay where they are. You might get a flawed situational pass rusher (Mingo, Sheard, Simon, e.g.), but a complete edge presence has to be home-grown.

Understand what you are saying.  However, there are 4 or 5 quality edge rushers hitting free agency this year.  I guess you could count out Lawrence from Dallas as it's already rumored they will franchise tag him.  However, Ansah from Detroit, Okafor from New Orleans, and even Julius Peppers from Carolina (although he's getting old) are free agents and all proven edge rushers.  Since an edge rusher is a need on the Colts defense, I just don't have a warm fuzzy feeling handing that to a rookie.  But then again, I guess you can't "home grow" one without going through the growing pains.

6 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Understand what you are saying.  However, there are 4 or 5 quality edge rushers hitting free agency this year.  I guess you could count out Lawrence from Dallas as it's already rumored they will franchise tag him.  However, Ansah from Detroit, Okafor from New Orleans, and even Julius Peppers from Carolina (although he's getting old) are free agents and all proven edge rushers.  Since an edge rusher is a need on the Colts defense, I just don't have a warm fuzzy feeling handing that to a rookie.  But then again, I guess you can't "home grow" one without going through the growing pains.

Ballard may have had this whole shift in mind last year when he signed those three guys too, though. And when he drafted Basham, who was a 4-3 DE in college. Maybe the idea was to have some stop-gaps in place so that a pass rusher can be added this year who, in a few years, will be "the guy."

11 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

I'm not sure you can count Okafor as a proven guy. He was really struggling before last season and is now coming off a torn Achilles, so very possible that he might have lost a touch of speed, if you can get him on a lower end deal it might be alright but I wouldn't break the bank for a guy with 18 sacks in 5 seasons. I do agree though, if you can pitch a deal to Ansah go for it.

Let me throw another wrench in here...what if the Browns take Barkley with number 1? The Colts are suddenly in position to make pretty good loot on a trade with a team wanting a QB and wanting to jump ahead of Cleveland's 4th pick. I wouldn't be angry with them if they slid back to the 6-10 range and drafted Roquan Smith from Georgia and added some extra 2nd-3rd round picks if I were a fan.

10 minutes ago, Coach Pierson said:

Ballard may have had this whole shift in mind last year when he signed those three guys too, though. And when he drafted Basham, who was a 4-3 DE in college. Maybe the idea was to have some stop-gaps in place so that a pass rusher can be added this year who, in a few years, will be "the guy."

Will be very curious to see how Basham does in this new scheme. I know a lot of what I heard last year was that he couldn't pick up the mental aspect of the game. That might be alleviated in the 4-3 with his only job being "go get the QB". Otherwise you are looking at another potential bust

• Upvote 1

Frank Reich answering McAfee questions yesterday made my day!!  Granted I had a pretty bad one, so bar was set low, but great personality and answers!!   Good Stuff 

30 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

I'm not sure you can count Okafor as a proven guy. He was really struggling before last season and is now coming off a torn Achilles, so very possible that he might have lost a touch of speed, if you can get him on a lower end deal it might be alright but I wouldn't break the bank for a guy with 18 sacks in 5 seasons. I do agree though, if you can pitch a deal to Ansah go for it.

Let me throw another wrench in here...what if the Browns take Barkley with number 1? The Colts are suddenly in position to make pretty good loot on a trade with a team wanting a QB and wanting to jump ahead of Cleveland's 4th pick. I wouldn't be angry with them if they slid back to the 6-10 range and drafted Roquan Smith from Georgia and added some extra 2nd-3rd round picks if I were a fan.

Will be very curious to see how Basham does in this new scheme. I know a lot of what I heard last year was that he couldn't pick up the mental aspect of the game. That might be alleviated in the 4-3 with his only job being "go get the QB". Otherwise you are looking at another potential bust

I think that would be the ideal situation. Roquan Smith is a dude! Quenton Nelson, Minkah Fitzpatrick, or even Chubb (if he slides that far) would be huge upgrades if they were the picks there as well.

Really enjoying the conversation.  I feel that there are plenty of RB's that will be around in the second round of the draft(Sony Michel, Nick Chubb possible 4th round, Ronald Jones, and Kerryon Johnson) .  I don't think you want to focus on 2018.  This is going to be a process.  Can the Colts get better and possibly be in the mix for a wildcard? It will take alot of pieces falling in place.  Chubb at DE is a solid pick for the future.  I still think that trading down is a great option for the Colts.  I think that they can move as far back as 10 and still land Chubb.  The Colts need OL help and 2nd level defenders that can bring it.  I would not be surprised if the Colts focus on OL and LB core in free agency.  A solid receiver is needed along with that.  Barkley is good, not going to argue that, though he does run sideways to often for me to take him 3rd overall.  IMO, Sony Michel might just be the best back in the draft.  Only time will tell.

• Upvote 1

I too am enjoying this conversation.  I like hearing (or reading) everyone's perspectives on what the Colts should and/or should not do.  While none of us have a real knowledge of what the front office is thinking, it's still a good read and in some ways educational.  I guess I lean towards drafting Barkely with the # 3 pick because he's an extra blocker to protect you-know-who.  That's one thing that Gore has ALWAYS been great at and that's blocking and protecting his quarterback.  That's one thing I will be sad to see go whenever he decides to retire.  I'm thinking he has probably one more year left.  I really don't see Mack as the back of the future for the Colts.  He really isn't an every down type of back.  I won't be totally disappointed if they take Chubb at #3.  Who knows?  It could be that he and Basham become the next Freeney/Mathais duo.  That would be something.  I read an article that had a mock showing the Colts taking Smith out of Georgia with the #3 pick.  Don't see that happening, but again, we have no clue what Irsay, Ballard, and now Reich are thinking.  Anyone have any insight on the OC that Reich hired?  Forgot his name.  LOL  Siriani?  Or something like that.

With their salary cap money available and draft positioning, they need to sign 2-3 new starters in free agency and then draft another 2-3 more. I guess the silver lining is that--with a roster this bad--almost anybody you draft can be a starter!

17 minutes ago, Coach Pierson said:

With their salary cap money available and draft positioning, they need to sign 2-3 new starters in free agency and then draft another 2-3 more. I guess the silver lining is that--with a roster this bad--almost anybody you draft can be a starter!

LOL  Sad, but pretty close to the truth!  Ballard did say it's a 3 - 5 year process.  After only 4 wins, it' a bit difficult to wrap your mind around that.  However, the Colts did have quite a few injuries last year.  To qualify why I mentioned Ansah's name:  he had 41/2 sacks in 10 games before the injury.  There IS promise there.  Of course I'd want to see what he can do in a workout, post surgery before I'd talk with him.

32 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Anyone have any insight on the OC that Reich hired?  Forgot his name.  LOL  Siriani?  Or something like that.

Sirianni has spent the large majority of his career with the Chargers and was the QB coach in San Diego when Reich was the OC there in '14-'15. Those teams were in the top 10 of passing offense in the NFL both of those years, but only won a combined 13 games. I'm sure Reich will be the brain trust and point man for the offense, so it's probably a good hire to get someone he is familiar with.

38 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

Sirianni has spent the large majority of his career with the Chargers and was the QB coach in San Diego when Reich was the OC there in '14-'15. Those teams were in the top 10 of passing offense in the NFL both of those years, but only won a combined 13 games. I'm sure Reich will be the brain trust and point man for the offense, so it's probably a good hire to get someone he is familiar with.

I think that Reich was quoted saying that he would call the plays in the game.  Did mention the amount collaboration that will go into the preparation of the call sheet, but said he will be the one to pull the trigger.  

It is hard to fathom what 80 million to spend in free agency really means.  Does that equate to 5 big names that tie your hands for the next 6 years?  I believe that Ballard will still be conservative in his spending.  I have seen teams that spend freely and still have very little to show for it later on the back end.  I am hoping Luck can return to form.  That alone to me is worth 4 wins.  The Colts were in many games this year even with Brissett and his slow processing of the offense.  The forecast may not be as bad as it looks from the outside looking in.  There are holes, but a few playmakers can make a big difference in this league. 

I believe Frank Gore is a Free Agent now.  So if the Colts want him back, they will need to sign him.   

If the Colts stay at 3 i think they will take Barkley (BPA). Having said that,  I think they will trade down and get a lot of picks return. A name that intrigues me is Tremaine Edmunds. He is very young and has a lot of upside.

GB

I don't see Gore coming back to Indy. I would imagine he will sign with a competitor to try to make a Super Bowl run in his last season or 2. New England is always in play for running backs they can get on the cheap, but I would also look for him to be interested in places like Seattle, Tennessee, or Green Bay. He wouldn't/shouldn't start for any of those teams but could contribute and have a good shot at making the playoffs.

As for the Colts making a trade in the draft I think it will rely on which QBs are on the board at 3. I don't see anybody trading much to move up for Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen. Denver and the Jets would be ideal trade partners for Indy IMO because they don't need to move too far back in the first round i.e. Arizona at 15 or Buffalo at 21/22 to name a couple other teams who are in the QB market.  Would be very interesting to see Darnold or Rosen on the board at 3 and see what kind of moves Denver/NYJ would be willing to make. Free Agency will determine a lot as well since there are a few decent options available this year that might back teams out of trading up in the draft.  

I think Gore is gone as well. The one I'm curious about is Vinatieri. He still plays at a high level and is relatively cheap (expensive for a kicker, but cost effective overall), and he's a good locker room presence. But do the Colts decide to move on and focus on youth? It's way down the list of priorities, obviously, but I wouldn't be shocked if they let him walk.

57 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

I don't see Gore coming back to Indy. I would imagine he will sign with a competitor to try to make a Super Bowl run in his last season or 2. New England is always in play for running backs they can get on the cheap, but I would also look for him to be interested in places like Seattle, Tennessee, or Green Bay. He wouldn't/shouldn't start for any of those teams but could contribute and have a good shot at making the playoffs.

As for the Colts making a trade in the draft I think it will rely on which QBs are on the board at 3. I don't see anybody trading much to move up for Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen. Denver and the Jets would be ideal trade partners for Indy IMO because they don't need to move too far back in the first round i.e. Arizona at 15 or Buffalo at 21/22 to name a couple other teams who are in the QB market.  Would be very interesting to see Darnold or Rosen on the board at 3 and see what kind of moves Denver/NYJ would be willing to make. Free Agency will determine a lot as well since there are a few decent options available this year that might back teams out of trading up in the draft.  

I'm curious to see what happens with Foles  You know he isn't staying in Philly now.  Wenz is "the man" there and should be back healthy.  Foles just won a Super Bowl so I would expect he'll get paid by some team needing a QB.  Maybe Arizona? 

13 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

I'm curious to see what happens with Foles  You know he isn't staying in Philly now.  Wenz is "the man" there and should be back healthy.  Foles just won a Super Bowl so I would expect he'll get paid by some team needing a QB.  Maybe Arizona? 

I think Philly would be foolish to get rid of Foles until Wentz is all the way back. Tearing an ACL in week 14 isn't conducive to playing week 1...

However, if the right offer comes along (a minimum of 2 first rounders, per Peter King), they would probably listen.

23 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Not really an issue of getting paid for Foles.  Philly has him under contract.  

Is Brisset trade bait for the Colts?  Or do they need to hold onto him for backup assurance?  If Luck can play, do you deal him?

I think Adam is back for the Colts.  He has not shown any drop off in production.  He could possibly kick for another 5 years in this league.  Look at what Tampa went through with trying to find a consistent place kicker all season.  The Colts need to be able to check that box off and not have a worry there.

13 minutes ago, Coach Pierson said:

I think Philly would be foolish to get rid of Foles until Wentz is all the way back. Tearing an ACL in week 14 isn't conducive to playing week 1...

However, if the right offer comes along (a minimum of 2 first rounders, per Peter King), they would probably listen.

Agreed. No way Philly should even think about trading Foles until Wentz is fully back and shows he is at least very close to his former self in a game. Wentz got hurt in December, so Foles will probably end up starting a game or 2 next season so his value should stay pretty high. 

Edited by FishDuck

12 hours ago, punttheball said:

Not really an issue of getting paid for Foles.  Philly has him under contract.  

Is Brisset trade bait for the Colts?  Or do they need to hold onto him for backup assurance?  If Luck can play, do you deal him?

I think Adam is back for the Colts.  He has not shown any drop off in production.  He could possibly kick for another 5 years in this league.  Look at what Tampa went through with trying to find a consistent place kicker all season.  The Colts need to be able to check that box off and not have a worry there.

I think they have to hold on to Brissett.

GB