Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 3A outlook

8270D888-738F-412B-A0F0-E60848E8D25C.thumb.jpeg.1ce3a64ca1073189973632cebe1001ac.jpeg

closer to the topic here

Maxpreps 3A rankings 

I think it’s going to be interesting to see where Vincennes ends up.  Closed off in the SIAC…and the only 3A team in the SIAC now I believe with bosse up to 4A as well as Memorial. 

Going to be quite the wildcard once we get into sectionals 

• Like 1

Ha ha ha. I have “strikes”. Didn’t know that there was a rule book for posts that meet your personal standards.  I’m pretty sure that nothing I have said was a complaint (it was merely a recounting of an episode in a game) nor is there a “chip on shoulder”. I find discourse interesting. Maybe you can enlighten me as to what the previous poster meant when he referred to Chatard as “4A”. Did he get a strike for whining? Maybe you can tell me a little bit about Hamilton Heights while you are educating me on proper decorum. With 5.4k posts you seem to have many opinions on many things. I’m eagerly looking forward to soaking up more of your wisdom. I guess that I should feel pretty lucky that in my long winded post the only thing you could argue with was me mentioning “recruiting”. Uh oh. Did I just get my third strike. Before I go, is there anything else that I am not allowed to discuss on your board?

1 minute ago, Just a dad said:

Ha ha ha. I have “strikes”. Didn’t know that there was a rule book for posts that meet your personal standards.  I’m pretty sure that nothing I have said was a complaint (it was merely a recounting of an episode in a game) nor is there a “chip on shoulder”. I find discourse interesting. Maybe you can enlighten me as to what the previous poster meant when he referred to Chatard as “4A”. Did he get a strike for whining? Maybe you can tell me a little bit about Hamilton Heights while you are educating me on proper decorum. With 5.4k posts you seem to have many opinions on many things. I’m eagerly looking forward to soaking up more of your wisdom. I guess that I should feel pretty lucky that in my long winded post the only thing you could argue with was me mentioning “recruiting”. Uh oh. Did I just get my third strike. Before I go, is there anything else that I am not allowed to discuss on your board?

Weenies. 

We back.  Let’s stay on topic this time so this thread doesn’t get locked up again please.

the last thing I brought up was Vincennes Lincoln is someone to keep an eye on 

Sectional 30 currently looking Tougher and tougher by the week

GS, VL, Mt Vernon, Owen Valley all contending for that sectional 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

We back.  Let’s stay on topic this time so this thread doesn’t get locked up again please.

It's nice to see Vincennes and Owen Valley doing well. They both have huge tests this week. OV has a good 285 wrestler who has battled my son over the years. 

16 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

It's nice to see Vincennes and Owen Valley doing well. They both have huge tests this week. OV has a good 285 wrestler who has battled my son over the years. 

Mcgraw is a stud wrestler, Mcbee was a solid wrestler and football player for them last year too.

16 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

8270D888-738F-412B-A0F0-E60848E8D25C.thumb.jpeg.1ce3a64ca1073189973632cebe1001ac.jpeg

closer to the topic here

Maxpreps 3A rankings 

I think it’s going to be interesting to see where Vincennes ends up.  Closed off in the SIAC…and the only 3A team in the SIAC now I believe with bosse up to 4A as well as Memorial. 

Going to be quite the wildcard once we get into sectionals 

This is a pretty good list, but based on Schedule, I'd swap Oak Hill with Tri-West and Western Boone should be in there somewhere.

35 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

This is a pretty good list, but based on Schedule, I'd swap Oak Hill with Tri-West and Western Boone should be in there somewhere.

It’s been pretty quiet about tri west this year but I think they were said to be returning a lot this year

i know a few of their players are very unhappy with the way things finished last year getting blown out by GS.  I recall seeing about 3 or 4 of them at the state championship game and they kinda just had this look of being upset/this could be us playing right now.

Which props to them.  I don’t think I would have the will to go watch the team that just beat me play for the state championship the week after getting blown out like that.  

im sure they will be ready for the playoffs and ready to make a push for LOS and have been working with an extra chip all offseason 

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

I have no idea about owen valley other than they are the patriots.  And something about them being the patriots makes me want to see GS beat them lol 

But i don’t think it will be the same as playing at Heritage hills 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I will admit, upon first blush when they came out with the sectional assignments, I (me, personally, not GS as a whole) immediately cruised to regionals to see who a likely matchup would be.  But as the season go closer to starting I started thinking that the next couple of years at Vincennes Lincoln should be trending upwards.  The 2024 GS class had a series of back-and-forths with them at the youth level and it always seemed like it came down to the last minute to know who was coming out on top.  I know that doesn't translate one way or the other to HS success, but they had a lot of kids with a lot of heart playing on that team.  I think THAT has translated and it is showing up now.  VL is getting back into form and they are honing themselves in the SIAC for a strong postseason run.

I'm not yet sold on MV.  Their wins look good on paper, but they lost the only game that has really mattered so far for them, Heritage Hills.  ...who lost to Boonville, who lost to Southridge.  I think they have some good athletes, but I don't know that the right team dynamic is there.  But it only takes a hot streak with the right athletes to do some damage come sectional time.

I have zero knowledge about Owen Valley and the WIC other than Rob Gibson must be a Patriot whisperer.  OV is 14-2 since Gibson took the reins as HC in 2021.  The three years prior to him arriving they were 4-26 and got beat in the 2019 playoffs by Princeton (yes, that Princeton).  So far this year they trounced a perpetual .500 2A Brown County by 70, beat a pretty solid 1A South Putnam by three scores, eeked out a 2-point win over 3A Indian Creek who had a pretty bad 2021 but looks to be improving, and a 50-point drubbing over Edgewood who I believe got bumped to 4A this year due to enrollment.  One Edgewood's two wins last year came over zero-win Washington 16-0, so... (no offense, Hatchet fans).  They are beating who they need to beat, but I don't know that they've faced a ton of adversity yet.  The South Putnam team was probably their biggest test so far, standing at 5th in 1A in Sagarin, 103 overall.  They are taking care of business and I think this week's matchup against undefeated 4A Northview may tell us a lot.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

I need them to keep doing well for this weeks HC Pick'em.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

I will admit, upon first blush when they came out with the sectional assignments, I (me, personally, not GS as a whole) immediately cruised to regionals to see who a likely matchup would be.  But as the season go closer to starting I started thinking that the next couple of years at Vincennes Lincoln should be trending upwards.  The 2024 GS class had a series of back-and-forths with them at the youth level and it always seemed like it came down to the last minute to know who was coming out on top.  I know that doesn't translate one way or the other to HS success, but they had a lot of kids with a lot of heart playing on that team.  I think THAT has translated and it is showing up now.  VL is getting back into form and they are honing themselves in the SIAC for a strong postseason run.

I'm not yet sold on MV.  Their wins look good on paper, but they lost the only game that has really mattered so far for them, Heritage Hills.  ...who lost to Boonville, who lost to Southridge.  I think they have some good athletes, but I don't know that the right team dynamic is there.  But it only takes a hot streak with the right athletes to do some damage come sectional time.

I have zero knowledge about Owen Valley and the WIC other than Rob Gibson must be a Patriot whisperer.  OV is 14-2 since Gibson took the reins as HC in 2021.  The three years prior to him arriving they were 4-26 and got beat in the 2019 playoffs by Princeton (yes, that Princeton).  So far this year they trounced a perpetual .500 2A Brown County by 70, beat a pretty solid 1A South Putnam by three scores, eeked out a 2-point win over 3A Indian Creek who had a pretty bad 2021 but looks to be improving, and a 50-point drubbing over Edgewood who I believe got bumped to 4A this year due to enrollment.  One Edgewood's two wins last year came over zero-win Washington 16-0, so... (no offense, Hatchet fans).  They are beating who they need to beat, but I don't know that they've faced a ton of adversity yet.  The South Putnam team was probably their biggest test so far, standing at 5th in 1A in Sagarin, 103 overall.  They are taking care of business and I think this week's matchup against undefeated 4A Northview may tell us a lot.

I think Vincennes is definitely playing with some heart and probably 2 chips on their shoulders

during the offseason the Evansville paper, reporters, and SIAC fans were pushing this idea that VL was looking to leave the SIAC already.

the PAC I believe unanimously voted to not let them join and they ended up staying in the SIAC. 

Kinda feels like they said “ya know what…nobody seems to believe in us so screw them…we will show them on Friday nights”  and so far they have arguably been the most impressive team this year in terms of expectations and results 

• Like 1

Just curious as I learn my way around the intricacies of Indiana HS football. I’ve learned that teams can play against an opponent of any other level and it is up to the individual teams to set their own schedules. Why is there such a difference though? I look at the schedule of the top ten teams in 3A and see a wide variety of opponents. Is that due to historical rivalries, some schools just having bigger conferences of similar sized teams, travel? 

12 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

Just curious as I learn my way around the intricacies of Indiana HS football. I’ve learned that teams can play against an opponent of any other level and it is up to the individual teams to set their own schedules. Why is there such a difference though? I look at the schedule of the top ten teams in 3A and see a wide variety of opponents. Is that due to historical rivalries, some schools just having bigger conferences of similar sized teams, travel? 

It’s a little of everything 

some schools stick to their historical schedules and it works.  Heritage Hills comes to mind for this.  If they have the horses their schedule doesn’t matter they will show up and play.

other schools like Gibson southern have learned that playing above their class is the way their program needs grow and mature through a season.  

travel and what not come into play too for some teams…and scheduling is hard.  Gibson Southern schedules 5A/low 6A teams every year but I think for the longest time many of the bigger schools didn’t want to schedule them because they didn’t think it would be a competitive game for their kids.  

I have to imagine there are plenty of other 3A schools who have the same issue and just have to try and find games whether it’s playing down or out of state 

Norwell is a team I really like in 3A this year.....too bad they will run into Chatard in the regional.  A ton of experience returns from last year, really good on the offensive and defensive lines and deep at the skill positions.  They have outscored opponents 139-7 this year so far on giving up a score to Mississinewa.  Shut out a traditionally strong Leo team.  Will get a better gauge of them when they face East Noble and possibly Columbia city, both good 4A teams.

3 hours ago, Just a dad said:

For some schools, it's because they HAVE to.  For example, Harrison, McCutcheon, and Jeff used to be in the HCC and were asked to leave.  They were playing mainly higher caliber 5A/6A schools at that time in the HCC.  They were able to return to the NCC, but that also has them playing 4A competition that is sometimes closer, like Logansport, and sometimes not, like Marion and Richmond ... although Harrison and Jeff are 6A-sized schools.

Since my posts got deleted for some reason in a 3A forum asking about a 3A team, Can someone please link the forum of how Chatard got alligned back in 3A so i can at least read on it? 

Maybe there were some responses that were off topic that i did not see, but i would like it if my posts did not get removed that are related to the topic.

7 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Since my posts got deleted for some reason in a 3A forum asking about a 3A team, Can someone please link the forum of how Chatard got alligned back in 3A so i can at least read on it? 

Maybe there were some responses that were off topic that i did not see, but i would like it if my posts did not get removed that are related to the topic.

Probably better to just search “Chatard Southridge 3A”  I posted a link but then it got off topic and down a rabbit hole

there were multiple threads but some of your Southridge friends started one topic back in February regarding the matter 

15 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

It may have been a casualty, getting caught between posts that got chopped and not necessarily due to your post specifically.

8 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Here ya go... this is off the top of my head so may not b entirely accurate. It went somthing like this... Due to Covid they reset the 2 yr classification period starting this year.... A few teams that had been bumped up AND  earned 1pt last yr like LCC remained in the class they were bumped to.... Chatard and any other teams that were bumped up AND did not win a Sec last year were returned to their enrollment class for the new 2 yr cycle that started this yr...  at least I think it restarted this yr......  

8 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Ther may also b provision for the few teams that remained bumped this yr... to b returned to their enrollment class if they do not earn a point this yr....  not sure if I'm remembering it correctly tho..