Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 3A outlook

7 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

@Donnie BakerWhen the “longtime booster” has nothing positive to add I will call him out. It seems this board is ok with internet bullies. All I’ve done in this thread is ask general questions. Just trying to learn but it seems that a Chatard parent isn’t permitted to ask questions. There are quite a few helpful people in here and I appreciate their feedback. You, like Titan, don’t ow the internet. If you don’t approve of my questions then don’t read them. Take a walk, breathe some fresh air, lose the anger. 

I’m not mad but if you try bossin me around I’ll rip out your karate artery 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Just a dad said:

Thanks for the info @Titan32. What do you mean by “effective” enrollment? Is that an Indiana thing? 

I coined the term "effective" enrollment.  It means the number of high quality, success driven students who are serious about post secondary education of some type and who participate in extracurriculars as an integral part of their educational experience.  The kind of student whose family would pay for that type of experience and the value of being surrounded by like minded students and families.  

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I think you mean 2014.

I mean 2012....and I said arguably subjectively my friend.  This conversation is all about me...hush about those schools up north!  Wasn't Charlestown supposed to be the best 3A public in Indiana in 2012?

Edited by Titan32
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Wasn't Charlestown supposed to be the best public in Indiana in 2012

I don't know, I was busy watching my public alma mater at Lucas Oil in the 3A Championship game.

And I edited my original comment to the correct year.........I'll give you 2013.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I mean 2012....and I said arguably subjectively my friend.  This conversation is all about me...hush about those schools up north!  Wasn't Charlestown supposed to be the best 3A public in Indiana in 2012?

Ouch. Mid southern catching a stray. 

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

image.thumb.png.1cad58ad214c3d512a40933694d618cb.png

Dats a lotta 🌽

My role at GS includes ensuring the area just north of the end zone is adequately ballasted by my a** in playoff games held during hurricane season so the turf doesn't fly away. And though I commute to Illinois for work, I live in Haubstadt purely for the convenience of being able to stumble home from Sommerfest every year. The only trick is figuring out which direction to go from the beer garden to find my way... Is it a right just past the lemon shake up stand? Or is it left after the walking tacos? They keep moving these damn things. I am a minority owner of the internet. Our corporate distributions are Handsome, with a capital H. Mostly ad revenue from p*rn sites and cat videos, oddly enough.

^^^THIS is nothing positive added, so feel free to call me out on it. Tho, it may be a waste of keystrokes for you. 😉

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I don't know, I was busy watching my public alma mater at Lucas Oil in the 3A Championship game.

And I edited my original comment to the correct year.........I'll give you 2013.

I totally forgot about Hamilton Heights in 2013.  The landscape of 3A was so much different back then.  I believe Jimtown and Yorktown were also pretty strong in 3A during this time too 

9 hours ago, WWFan said:

Ouch. Mid southern catching a stray. 

Tbf…Charlestown was probably the better team overall in 2012. GS just had all the momentum in that 2nd half and put on the 2nd best comeback that I’ve ever seen.  Charlestowns QB was also insanely talented and could do it all

The real reason GS won that game was because GS had played close games all year and was coming off 2 back 2 back OT wins in sectionals….and Charlestown was averaging like 65-7 in their games with like only 1 game where the starters played the 2nd half.  

Down 28-0 and then 49-21 at the half they thought it was over but the opening kick of the 2nd half was a botched squib kick that bounced off a Charlestown players helmet right back to the kicker.  From there on, Charlestown put up like 50 yards of offense and went on to lose 56-49

Amazing game 

the only game that tops it for me is coming back from 17 against a Brebeuf in the state championship last year who was technically a 4A team with over 800 kids playing in 3A 

10 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Lighten up spanky, I might be an @ss but I'm no child.  Since 2012 we have been the best PUBLIC 3A school in Indiana for at least a handful of years and in the top 3 for the rest, arguably/subjectively.  I would estimate our "effective" enrollment somewhere around 500, actual enrollment 704 as compared to Chatards effective enrollment of 667, actual enrollment 667.  My oldest son lost to Chatard in Semi-State in 2015. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/11/21/semistate-chatard-beats-gibson-southern-war/76203244/

My middle son lost by 1 point to a HH team that went to the State Championship and lost to Chatard 34-3 in 2019.  I have a friend who sent his sons to Chatard.  My youngest son was the sophomore RB/SLOT on our state championship team last year and does the same thing this year but has an additional role of strong safety.  I dedicated 20 years to our youth league, middle school (the cool kids call that feeder) and strength programs in leadership and coaching roles.  I was on the search committee who interviewed Coach Hart.  I am a professional who works in Evansville, however, we chose to stay in Gibson County and commute, otherwise my kids might have attended Mater Dei or Memorial (not a big fan of the EVSC).

Here is an aerial view of the Gibson Southern and nearby communities.

image.thumb.png.1cad58ad214c3d512a40933694d618cb.png

Now it all makes so much sense...

20 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Thanks @DumfriesYMCA. What about specific players? Upper classmen? Under classmen? Under the radar? 

If you’re that curious about GS why not come catch the HH game this Friday @Just a dad they got some really good  🍿

Edited by TitanFootball

@TitanFootball Thanks for the invite but I only know my way around 1 of the 3 cities in Indiana. As far as I can figure they are 1. Indianapolis, IN. 2. LookMoreCorn, IN. And 3. FlatAsHell, In. I think I’ll stick to city 1 for the time being. Also, I’m curious about all the football teams in 3A. I think it’s great when a community supports their kids. Being proud of your boys (and/or girls) is great for the kids. Friday nights are special times, sometimes life defining (all hail Al Bundy!). I want to be happy for the team that catches lightning in a bottle because they have a generational talent come through town and lead them to their first State Title (even if some of their supporters come off as insufferable toddlers). I want to know about the team with a terrible school board who refuses to invest in their kids so the participation numbers are down and those few kids still go out and fight like hell every Friday for personal pride and love of a game because that is the type of toxic environment I had to get my kid out of so I feel for those kids. Maybe I’ll get the chance to travel there for a playoff game this year and I’ll take you up that popcorn. 

Perhaps Tippy Valley can give Chatard or Guerin a run at it this year since they are shipped all the way down to WL old sectional which the Catholic/Jesuit trio of Chatard, Brebuef and Guerin have been the cause for no sectionals for RDP since 2018, as they cruise back up north to the 219 for post season play they should find comfort of no Andrean or other catholic powerhouse in that sectional.   Hanover Central off to another great start, very good players they have under Coach Parker also should be thought of highly in Sectional 25. 

1 minute ago, Donnie Baker said:

Come on Gonzos it’s only 3 seasons and look who beat them. The 3A Holy Trinity. They’re in the conversation every year. Not much of a fall

beat me to it 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Perhaps Tippy Valley can give Chatard or Guerin a run at it this year since they are shipped all the way down to WL old sectional which the Catholic/Jesuit trio of Chatard, Brebuef and Guerin have been the cause for no sectionals for RDP since 2018, as they cruise back up north to the 219 for post season play they should find comfort of no Andrean or other catholic powerhouse in that sectional.   Hanover Central off to another great start, very good players they have under Coach Parker also should be thought of highly in Sectional 25. 

beat me to it 

Good to see you on here Nowlins, I swear to God it is