Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 3A outlook

11 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Perhaps Tippy Valley can give Chatard or Guerin a run at it this year since they are shipped all the way down to WL old sectional which the Catholic/Jesuit trio of Chatard, Brebuef and Guerin have been the cause for no sectionals for RDP since 2018, as they cruise back up north to the 219 for post season play they should find comfort of no Andrean or other catholic powerhouse in that sectional.   Hanover Central off to another great start, very good players they have under Coach Parker also should be thought of highly in Sectional 25. 

beat me to it 

With Marian down this year WL takes  their yearly bye to the Semi state.

On 9/21/2022 at 9:35 PM, Titan32 said:

Lighten up spanky, I might be an @ss but I'm no child.  Since 2012 we have been the best PUBLIC 3A school in Indiana for at least a handful of years and in the top 3 for the rest, arguably/subjectively.  I would estimate our "effective" enrollment somewhere around 500, actual enrollment 704 as compared to Chatards effective enrollment of 667, actual enrollment 667.  My oldest son lost to Chatard in Semi-State in 2015. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/11/21/semistate-chatard-beats-gibson-southern-war/76203244/

My middle son lost by 1 point to a HH team that went to the State Championship and lost to Chatard 34-3 in 2019.  I have a friend who sent his sons to Chatard.  My youngest son was the sophomore RB/SLOT on our state championship team last year and does the same thing this year but has an additional role of strong safety.  I dedicated 20 years to our youth league, middle school (the cool kids call that feeder) and strength programs in leadership and coaching roles.  I was on the search committee who interviewed Coach Hart.  I am a professional who works in Evansville, however, we chose to stay in Gibson County and commute, otherwise my kids might have attended Mater Dei or Memorial (not a big fan of the EVSC).

Here is an aerial view of the Gibson Southern and nearby communities.

image.thumb.png.1cad58ad214c3d512a40933694d618cb.png

Always enjoy almost 20 years on seeing the same debates coming back over and over.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:35 PM, Titan32 said:

Lighten up spanky, I might be an @ss but I'm no child.  Since 2012 we have been the best PUBLIC 3A school in Indiana for at least a handful of years and in the top 3 for the rest, arguably/subjectively.  I would estimate our "effective" enrollment somewhere around 500, actual enrollment 704 as compared to Chatards effective enrollment of 667, actual enrollment 667.  My oldest son lost to Chatard in Semi-State in 2015. 

I always gotta laugh seeing comments like this. As if there aren't kids at private schools who are there solely because their parents are making them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

All 7 of them.  Come on man...it's a different world completely.

Lol yeah I don't think you've ever even stepped foot in a private school. "Effective Enrollment" is cute though. 

5 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

What u think scarab?  I'd guess about 20-30%?

Think it depends on a lot of factors; the area, % of kids on vouchers, etc. For the time I was at Andrean 20% seems reasonable, maybe a little more. 

18 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Always enjoy watching the well coached Bombers when they raid the industrial complex of Lafayette at LCC on South 9th st... been some good games tween those 2... while the Raiders take on Jeff at South 18th st ....  2 fun games in da hood tonite!

This one was worth every penny on the admission.  It was back and forth the whole night long, tied at the half, and came down to a game-winning TD after a drive with about two minutes left and a pick to seal it.

16 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Lol yeah I don't think you've ever even stepped foot in a private school. "Effective Enrollment" is cute though. 

Think it depends on a lot of factors; the area, % of kids on vouchers, etc. For the time I was at Andrean 20% seems reasonable, maybe a little more. 

You have honestly convinced yourself that privates and publics have the same dead weight...or even close for that matter?  The enrollment type between the two completely dissimilar organizations is significant enough for about half the states in the union to use a multiplier.  Oh but wait, that is only to punish the harder working better coached privates (I forgot).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

You have honestly convinced yourself that privates and publics have the same dead weight...or even close for that matter?  The enrollment type between the two completely dissimilar organizations is significant enough for about half the states in the union to use a multiplier.  Oh but wait, that is only to punish the harder working better coached privates (I forgot).

There’s sour grapes to be found all over the country. Keep blaming those “dead weight” kids though…very classy. 

Edited by scarab527
  • Haha 1

25 of the last 35 state champions in 3A have been private.  The playing field is not level in 3A and it’s not changing so…..

private - own it

public - quit bitching

MOVING ON.   Watched the first half of  Guerin / Chatard.  Lots of mistakes by Trojans and lots of big plays by Guerin.  Guerin starting QB was out.  Chatard is beatable by a good 3a team.  Am not convinced (yet) chatard will come out of the North.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:44 AM, Titan32 said:

We lived in the Mater Dei world during our time in 2A - so we were well versed in the public/private world. 

It is a little ironic, that down here in our Southwestern neck of the woods - it would be a GS Titan pointing out the "effective enrollment" (I like that term by the way) difference between the 2 (Public vs. Private) - given Gibson's socioeconomic status vs. some other neighboring public schools.

Point being - GS is still far better off than most other public's - but it doesn't change your original point either of it not being the same deck of cards vs. Private's. 

As is life I guess...

27 minutes ago, jets said:

We lived in the Mater Dei world during our time in 2A - so we were well versed in the public/private world. 

It is a little ironic, that down here in our Southwestern neck of the woods - it would be a GS Titan pointing out the "effective enrollment" (I like that term by the way) difference between the 2 (Public vs. Private) - given Gibson's socioeconomic status vs. some other neighboring public schools.

Point being - GS is still far better off than most other public's - but it doesn't change your original point either of it not being the same deck of cards vs. Private's. 

As is life I guess...

No argument that GS is better off (far might be a stretch) with regard to "effective enrollment" than most publics, at least in the SWI area, yet still not even remotely close to most privates who have chosen to focus on football in the state.  Economics are certainly a factor, but we are constantly told that Castle is a public in an economically strong area, yet they go toe to toe for conference titles with a private that has half the "real" enrollment but probably similar "effective enrollment".

I was watching the news highlights from the Gibson Southern and Heritage Hills game and I noticed that #30 for HH didn't have any logo or team sticker on his helmet.  It was just a plain red helmet.  Is there a reason why? Always interested in team traditions.  I know Linton has their top summer lifters in different colored face masks.  

33 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

I was watching the news highlights from the Gibson Southern and Heritage Hills game and I noticed that #30 for HH didn't have any logo or team sticker on his helmet.  It was just a plain red helmet.  Is there a reason why? Always interested in team traditions.  I know Linton has their top summer lifters in different colored face masks.  

Players without a Patriot sticker during a varsity game are freshman.  

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

33 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Freshman.