1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

New Pal from a very brief watch of their game vs Mt Vernon

New Pal #   H W YR   New Pal # Name H W YR
RT 70 Ian Moore 6'5" 290 Jr   DT 75 Brownfield 6'3" 235 FR
RG 55 Wood 6'3" 275 Sr   NG 52 Thacker 6'1" 268 So
C 65 Keele 6'2" 275 Sr   DT 65 Keele 6'2" 275 Sr
LG 56 Purciful 6'0" 250 Sr              
LT 76 Burgess 6'8" 270 Sr              

Remember the name Brock Brownfield. Freshman starting DT and stepping in for Moore at LT. Kid is going to another highly recruited Dragon. 

On 9/19/2022 at 11:13 AM, 00NWP said:

Roncalli has from all appearances a fantastic line, with great players.  Im not familiar with alot of football from around the state other than the Northern Indiana teams; however, I did watch the last years Semi State game in which pretty much those same players did not impress me against a much...i will say again...much smaller defensive line of Fortville.  Again, I think Roncalli is a heavy favorite to win 4a, i just dont put much into size.  I was at the NorthWood V. Warsaw game last week...and NorthWoods offensive line was looking up at Warsaws D Line and Waraw's Offensive line looking down at NorthWoods D line.  I think one can plan against size.  Again, not downplaying Roncalli's size or abilities...just pointing out..."size doesnt always matter".

Do you have a Northview roster?  The roster on Maxpreps does not have all heights and weights for all players.

This is what I found on video and from Maxpreps:

Northwoood #   H W YR     #   H W YR
RT 56           RT 87 King 6'5"    
RG 61 Clemans 6' 250 Jr   NG 33        
C 67 Adams 6'1" 245     LT 71 Parciak 6'3" 285 So
LG 64           or  LT          
LT 74           23          

I dont have a roster with me.  I can say that all of NorthWood's OL are around 5'11 - 6' and around 230-250, exluding our LT.  He is probably around 6' 215.  If this thread is still going strong on Friday...i will post their sizes.  I know there are not alot of NLC posters on this thread, but I can assure you that NorthWood may have the "smallest" team in the conference.  I say that in size, not number of players.  I have been involved / following NorthWood for over 20 years and could probably count on two hands how many times they were bigger than their opponets and those teams were probably Jimtown / Bremen / Fairfield (local teams to Nappanee).  Im looking forward to watching some of the fellas mentioned in this thread during the postseason as more games get broadcasted by the IHSAA (I know most schools broadcast themselves but im typically at the NorthWood games).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 00NWP said:

I dont have a roster with me.  I can say that all of NorthWood's OL are around 5'11 - 6' and around 230-250, exluding our LT.  He is probably around 6' 215.  If this thread is still going strong on Friday...i will post their sizes.  I know there are not alot of NLC posters on this thread, but I can assure you that NorthWood may have the "smallest" team in the conference.  I say that in size, not number of players.  I have been involved / following NorthWood for over 20 years and could probably count on two hands how many times they were bigger than their opponets and those teams were probably Jimtown / Bremen / Fairfield (local teams to Nappanee).  Im looking forward to watching some of the fellas mentioned in this thread during the postseason as more games get broadcasted by the IHSAA (I know most schools broadcast themselves but im typically at the NorthWood games).

71 on D looked like he was the biggest kid NW had on the field.   87 was tall but pretty skinny.

With NorthWoods defense, they rotate so many people and never really show a true three man front.  Number 71 is a big boy with lots of promise as he is only a sophmore.  Other than him, weight wise, NorthWood is on the small size.  On that note, I really thought NorthWoods defensive line was going to be the biggest weakness on the team...I was incorrect with that assumption and they have done quite well.  That goes to my thoughts on size doesnt matter...they are coached well and they play their roles in the grand scheme of whatever game plan they have for the night.

On 9/22/2022 at 8:43 AM, 00NWP said:

With NorthWoods defense, they rotate so many people and never really show a true three man front.  Number 71 is a big boy with lots of promise as he is only a sophmore.  Other than him, weight wise, NorthWood is on the small size.  On that note, I really thought NorthWoods defensive line was going to be the biggest weakness on the team...I was incorrect with that assumption and they have done quite well.  That goes to my thoughts on size doesnt matter...they are coached well and they play their roles in the grand scheme of whatever game plan they have for the night.

Bump this back to the top.   Hope to see a Northwood roster.   

Would like to mention that the Reitz and Memorial Lines will be going at it this week. Since OL/DL was talked a lot over the week

Memorial OL average 6’3 257

Memorial DL average 6’3 226 (1 player will likely go both ways)

Reitz OL average 6’3 252

Reitz DL average 6’2 227

Very comparable sizes from what I have seen

Edited by TigerFan20

Here are the lines for NorthWood:

O Line

LT - #74 6'3" - 190

LG - #78 6"3" - 235 / #64 5'11" - 240 (64 started the season / 78 has taken over)

C - #67 6'0 - 287

RG - #61 6'0 - 259

RT - #56 6'2" - 236

D Line - NorthWood runs a 3 man front and rotates a lot of people in and out.  These are the 4 "main" starters

#71 6'3" - 290

#87 6"5 - 219

#15 6' - 212

# 33 5'9" - 189

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 6:15 AM, fenderbender said:

As a side note, Roncalli has more two way players this year than normal.  The Lauck kid is going to Iowa and should always be on the field.  6'7" 300lbs.  

Even the RB that is leading the state in rushing yards is playing LB.

Roncalli has two guys going both ways - Lauck at OT/NT and Tunney at TE/LB.  Hansen has only played about 20 snaps max at DE but he has 4 sacks/tackles for loss.

1 hour ago, FCGriz said:

Roncalli has two guys going both ways - Lauck at OT/NT and Tunney at TE/LB.  Hansen has only played about 20 snaps max at DE but he has 4 sacks/tackles for loss.

Swartz is also playing OL when they go heavy run package.  (Extra OL instead of a WR)

The JR class really does not have much in size, so they are really dependent on about 6 SR OL/DL.

I was quite plesently surprised that the JV beat Cathedral.

25 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Swartz is also playing OL when they go heavy run package.  (Extra OL instead of a WR)

The JR class really does not have much in size, so they are really dependent on about 6 SR OL/DL.

I was quite plesently surprised that the JV beat Cathedral.

Roncalli will likely have a big drop off next season.  Very little size beyond the current starters.  The JV has had a good year with only one loss to Franklin Central.  The freshman class has some talent but has losses to Franklin Central, Cathedral and Guerin JV.