Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Southern Semi-State: Mater Dei @ Scecina Memorial

The Wildcats played perhaps their best half of football last night vs TC, scoring on 5 of their first 7 drives, putting 35 pts on the board and the game clock in over-drive.  As a reward...they get another 4 hour drive next week to play Scecina in what the IHSAA terms a "Neutral Game" 😅   But hey, at least we are playing...

I watched some of this game late last night and was impressed by the Scecina  D line & LBs who are fast and put lots of pressure on the QB.  Scecina came out to start the 2nd half and put the saddle on LCC and rode them hard the rest of the way to a dominating victory.  

Seems likely to be a Saturday, mid-afternoon game but not certain at this point.  Curious where will this "Neutral" game be played?   I have it on good authority there are 2 available, turf stadiums in Terre Haute at ISU & Rose-Hulman.  Both would be a 2 hr drive for MD and maybe 90 mins for Scecina...sounds pretty "neutral" to me...

38 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

The Wildcats played perhaps their best half of football last night vs TC, scoring on 5 of their first 7 drives, putting 35 pts on the board and the game clock in over-drive.  As a reward...they get another 4 hour drive next week to play Scecina in what the IHSAA terms a "Neutral Game" 😅   But hey, at least we are playing...

I watched some of this game late last night and was impressed by the Scecina  D line & LBs who are fast and put lots of pressure on the QB.  Scecina came out to start the 2nd half and put the saddle on LCC and rode them hard the rest of the way to a dominating victory.  

Seems likely to be a Saturday, mid-afternoon game but not certain at this point.  Curious where will this "Neutral" game be played?   I have it on good authority there are 2 available, turf stadiums in Terre Haute at ISU & Rose-Hulman.  Both would be a 2 hr drive for MD and maybe 90 mins for Scecina...sounds pretty "neutral" to me...

This is a Scecina home game and from what I understand will be played at Beech Grove HS. Doesn't matter where the game is played. Gotta be ready to go when the whistle blows no matter where you are. Let's have a great week of prep and be ready to roll again. 

36 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

In a car averaging 60 mph, yes, but Google does not have a "bus" mode of travel....even a higher end travel bus will take another 45 mins - 1 hour to make that trip.  

Sounds like you might need to hire some younger bus drivers lol.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

This is a Scecina home game and from what I understand will be played at Beech Grove HS. Doesn't matter where the game is played. Gotta be ready to go when the whistle blows no matter where you are. Let's have a great week of prep and be ready to roll again. 

It was originally listed as a "Neutral game" on the IHSAA site/Max Preps which I thought was sort of funny. 

Harrell's currently lists the game as 7:30 pm on Friday night at University of Indianapolis, but their info is often updated later in the week.

fwiw, Beech Grove has a grass field unless it is an older pic on Google, while University of Indianapolis is turf, if that is any part of the decision.

image.png.ee8544ab3c372c7ea89d9a0ab05b3a87.png

2 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

Looks like it is at U of I 730pm. Thats what time it was for Linton couple years ago. Great facilities! And let me tell you the Scecina crowd throws a tailgate party! Treated me like a king even wearing a Miner Hoodie. Great concessions too. I was sorta hoping I was gonna fly in for a Miner game, but to the Victor goes the Spoils. I checked in a LaQuinta very close and decent enough for a football game with kids and the Hotel bus dropped me off. Great experience and Go Wildcats!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Crusaderfan said:

Side note for those of us not up on our time zones, this is a 6:30 local time start. For those coming in from Evansville, that area can get a little congested at that time of day

Is the game not at U of I? If not you guys gonna bring a concession  trailer! I hope tailgating will be allowed? I say that because your fans really took great care of the Miner fans when we showed up.

35 minutes ago, globemstr3 said:

Is the game not at U of I? If not you guys gonna bring a concession  trailer! I hope tailgating will be allowed? I say that because your fans really took great care of the Miner fans when we showed up.

The game is at Beech Grove HS and I’m sure there will be plenty of tailgating. Appreciate the shout out for the hospitality shown to the Miner fans as well as the same you guys showed us the following year in Linton