Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GB4

Deflategate Fallout

You didn't answer my questions

What is a SA?  

And instead of a meathead, what word were you thinking of? That would be post #97, last line.  Also same post 1st lines.  

Caps is point of emphasis, not yelling.  Again, I have been giggling this entire exchange, I tried to leave it to you to have the last word, as that is your M.O. but I just couldn't bear not to have more fun today.  One day sir, you may have to step into some gray areas in your life instead of 100% black and white.   If you could please answer the 2 questions above that would be tremendous.  You don't have to, but curious none the less.   The thread is yours TD, all yours, have at it.   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:    if only I had rainbows and unicorns to attach   :D

I have now promised myself to not respond in any way shape or form on this most wasted NFL off season nonsense I have ever seen.  The time/$$ wasted on this circus is embarrassing, all because the NFL listened to tattlers that footballs were too soft prior to the game, wasted time and energy during halftime to inspect, nevermind that the colts also had 4 balls below the 12.5, we better get running, ran out of time....all of it, so so silly.   

After hearing the initial tattle tale from the colts, all the NFL had to do was change their protocol on balls before the game.  Simple simple simple.   Send a memo, move on.  Nope, they wanted a circus, they get the circus oh and wait, public has issues with the NFL way of business currently, especially the PR nightmare of the Ray Rice and many other DV issues that has arrived in 2014, so how do distract from all that??  Throw the book at the Patriots and Tom Brady.  Insert Post #96 from me.  That should distract the naysayers !!!  Yep!!!  Thats the ticket.  

Your Honor, I rest my Case.   

You didn't answer my questions

What is a SA?  

And instead of a meathead, what word were you thinking of? That would be post #97, last line.  Also same post 1st lines.  

Caps is point of emphasis, not yelling.  Again, I have been giggling this entire exchange, I tried to leave it to you to have the last word, as that is your M.O. but I just couldn't bear not to have more fun today.  One day sir, you may have to step into some gray areas in your life instead of 100% black and white.   If you could please answer the 2 questions above that would be tremendous.  You don't have to, but curious none the less.   The thread is yours TD, all yours, have at it.   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:    if only I had rainbows and unicorns to attach   :D

You're an educated man....I think you know full well what I mean by SA.

Gray areas in my life....you have absolutely no clue.

Let me repeat again....your entitled to your opinion....and I'm entitled to mine.  Kraft said it best about the 2 camps.  Isn't that ok?

I understand you can't let this go...take a breath, and realize that college football isn't that far away....then you can start your predictable agitating with the Notre Dame fans.  I know you're looking to pump this issue for all its worth until then...so keep flapping away Coach.  

Are you really a moderator on GID?

• Downvote 2

You're an educated man....I think you know full well what I mean by SA.

Gray areas in my life....you have absolutely no clue.

Let me repeat again....your entitled to your opinion....and I'm entitled to mine.  Kraft said it best about the 2 camps.  Isn't that ok?

I understand you can't let this go...take a breath, and realize that college football isn't that far away....then you can start your predictable agitating with the Notre Dame fans.  I know you're looking to pump this issue for all its worth until then...so keep flapping away Coach.  

Are you really a moderator on GID?

Are you really a troll on the GID?

And as for grey areas in your life, you are right. You are about the most wishy-washy, "don't take a stand on anything unless an "expert" tells me to" individual I have encountered.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Are you really a troll on the GID?

And as for grey areas in your life, you are right. You are about the most wishy-washy, "don't take a stand on anything unless an "expert" tells me to" individual I have encountered.

that's nice Muda...great you decided you needed to interject your feelings.  Not sure it has any bearing on this conversation, but thanks anyway.  Have a great day!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

that's nice Muda...great you decided you needed to interject your feelings.  Not sure it has any bearing on this conversation, but thanks anyway.  Have a great day!!

Not feelings. Facts.

I love you too.

Edited by Muda69

Not feelings. Facts.I love you to.

Don't keep us in suspense, Muda. You love him to ... what? Or, did you mean "too?"

• Upvote 1

Don't keep us in suspense, Muda. You love him to ... what? Or, did you mean "too?"

Sorry. Typo corrected.

Coach Nowlin, now that's an example of "SA!"

• Upvote 1

I have figured out the puzzle my friends. All good

I'd imagine that this bad has ran its course....

SA = Secret Admirer.

Lots of affection here on the Pro Football forum.

Edited by Lysander

SA = Secret Admirer.

Lots of affection here on the Pro Football forum.

Ahhh yea, all along I thought it meant Sandwich Authority...silly me!

• Upvote 1

Here is my opinion, the balls were under inflated but barely.. If you go back and look at the totals in each it's almost as if cold air in the stadium could have impacted the inflation.

Refs supposedly didn't check either teams balls.

Pats performed better with properly inflated balls second half.

Refs handle the ball every play they should be capable of noticing a difference in inflation that would make a difference in a game.

This topic is a lot less important that that of PEDs, the Saints headhunting, individuals around the league involved in DUIs, domestic violence, drug usage, rape, I can go on.. Like Ray Lewis killing a guy.

Be honest with yourselves it's only because it's the Patriots, Brady, and Belichick that anyone is raising such a fuss.. If it were the raiders would we care so much??

It's crazy that Brady faces suspension for not cooperating.. How many times has Lynch not cooperated and all he receives are fines??? Again it's Brady and that's why.

• Upvote 1

Here is my opinion, the balls were under inflated but barely.. If you go back and look at the totals in each it's almost as if cold air in the stadium could have impacted the inflation.

Refs supposedly didn't check either teams balls.

Pats performed better with properly inflated balls second half.

Refs handle the ball every play they should be capable of noticing a difference in inflation that would make a difference in a game.

This topic is a lot less important that that of PEDs, the Saints headhunting, individuals around the league involved in DUIs, domestic violence, drug usage, rape, I can go on.. Like Ray Lewis killing a guy.

Be honest with yourselves it's only because it's the Patriots, Brady, and Belichick that anyone is raising such a fuss.. If it were the raiders would we care so much??

It's crazy that Brady faces suspension for not cooperating.. How many times has Lynch not cooperated and all he receives are fines??? Again it's Brady and that's why.

HEY HEY HEY!!!!   ANOTHER VOICE OF REASON!!!    :D   

Four game suspension upheld, initial reports seem to indicate Brady destroyed phone rather than turn it over to NFL investigators. Week six should be awfully entertaining.

Four game suspension upheld, initial reports seem to indicate Brady destroyed phone rather than turn it over to NFL investigators. Week six should be awfully entertaining.

Another pampered athlete thinking they are above the law.  Word is he will challenge through the federal courts.  This should prove for some good drama in the next few weeks.  To say he destroyed the cell phone was the most damning thing.  What a moron! I think Tommy should accept what he did and just let it go.  He just may get himself into a bigger mess than he already is in.  But then again, I don't think with an ego the size of Texas like a pampered athlete may.  

Another pampered athlete thinking they are above the law.  

What law did he break?

I wondered why Kraft did a 180 and accepted the punishment on his end losing a 1st and 4th round draft picks.  Failing to cooperate with an investigation is the big one in this case...not so much the air in the footballs.

I wonder what would have happened if Tom just said "he ordered the code red"....maybe a game?  Plus, the 2 equipment managers seemed to get hung out to dry.

I'm surprised it the suspension was held up...but not after learning about the deliberate destruction of evidence.  Wow.

What law did he break?

Rules of the NFL = the NFL law.  Besides, he destroyed evidence after refusing to cooperate with an investigation.  He's been busted and now he doesn't want to pay for it.  He's not even sorry.  One of the all time greats now has his golden boy image smeared over some missing air in a football but hey - they still got that Lombardi and nothing else matters, right?

A colossal waste of time and most importantly MONEY.   Just think if NFL took care of their veterans over the years this vigorously.  Might be in better shape.  

I promise you this, NFL if come at me asking for my personal telephone, not thanks, take a hike, and NFLPA should be taking the judge, jury, executioner, and now apparently the end all Appeals expert Goddell and NFL to court because the whole process starting with the procedures of the silly balls to everything post the nonsense is that dumb.  If you have been paying attention and still trust the NFL then I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale my friends.

Another one to think about, Brady's lawyer did say they plan to show the amount of data that was provided to the NFL, why wasn't that sufficient.  What actually Evidence does NFL have on Tom Brady, hard physical evidence?   I know the court of colts public opinion he has been already crucified, but on what exactly??    NFL man, making it up as they go per usual, ya know because that worked so well with Ray Rice.....

I get it though, some of you fine colts loyalist have this one shot to finally take down Pats/Brady after many years of actually failing to do so inside the white lines so light the torches tonight baby because Tom is paying his due!!!   ha, pure entertainment now.   Again, I get it.  This story has this play around here because of who it is and what team its come from.  Dead issue as it was a dead issue 192 days ago.   

I Hope Brady and Pats put up 80 week 6 thru another Super Bowl, I would love to see the meltdowns after that one!!!   This changes nothing for the Pats or Brady.  

https://www.nflpa.com/news/all-news/nflpa-statement-on-tom-brady-s-four-game-suspension

The Commissioner's ruling today did nothing to address the legal deficiencies of due process. The NFL remains stuck with the following facts:

• The NFL had no policy that applied to players;
  • The NFL provided no notice of any such policy or potential discipline to players;
  • The NFL resorted to a nebulous standard of "general awareness" to predicate a legally unjustified punishment;
  • The NFL had no procedures in place until two days ago to test air pressure in footballs; and
  • The NFL violated the plain meaning of the collective bargaining agreement.

The fact that the NFL would resort to basing a suspension on a smoke screen of irrelevant text messages instead of admitting that they have all of the phone records they asked for is a new low, even for them, but it does nothing to correct their errors.

The NFLPA will appeal this outrageous decision on behalf of Tom Brady.

A colossal waste of time and most importantly MONEY.   Just think if NFL took care of their veterans over the years this vigorously.  Might be in better shape.  

I promise you this, NFL if come at me asking for my personal telephone, not thanks, take a hike, and NFLPA should be taking the judge, jury, executioner, and now apparently the end all Appeals expert Goddell and NFL to court because the whole process starting with the procedures of the silly balls to everything post the nonsense is that dumb.  If you have been paying attention and still trust the NFL then I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale my friends.

Another one to think about, Brady's lawyer did say they plan to show the amount of data that was provided to the NFL, why wasn't that sufficient.  What actually Evidence does NFL have on Tom Brady, hard physical evidence?   I know the court of colts public opinion he has been already crucified, but on what exactly??    NFL man, making it up as they go per usual, ya know because that worked so well with Ray Rice.....

I get it though, some of you fine colts loyalist have this one shot to finally take down Pats/Brady after many years of actually failing to do so inside the white lines so light the torches tonight baby because Tom is paying his due!!!   ha, pure entertainment now.   Again, I get it.  This story has this play around here because of who it is and what team its come from.  Dead issue as it was a dead issue 192 days ago.   

I Hope Brady and Pats put up 80 week 6 thru another Super Bowl, I would love to see the meltdowns after that one!!!   This changes nothing for the Pats or Brady.  

I hate to burst your bubble Coach but this has zero to do with who did this.  If this had been Andrew Luck who had done this I'd feel the exact same way.  Some of us Colt loyalists STILL have a passion for the integrity of the game.  Brady has pissed on the game's integrity and is trying to wiggle his way out of it as though he's done nothing wrong.

Man, that sword Tom must fall on has to be size of Rhode Island, if and only if Former NFL players, including QBs over the HISTORY of the NFL didn't do something to create a competitive advantage.   The infraction at its core is such a minuscule item in my world.  So your reaction to Andrew Luck, would still illicit my opinion on the same subject.   

Where is the outrage for this guy, Brad Johnson, he actually admitted to paying to have his SUPER BOWL balls altered to his liking.   http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24981704/brad-johnson-paid-75k-for-altered-footballs-before-super-bowl-xxxvii

INTEGRITY BABY!!   This stuff has been happening for the entire DURATION of existence of the National Football League, I find it hilarious now in 2015 NFL has dug their heels in on Brady and most of America is hook line and sinker.   Guys using stick ems, tear away jerseys, oh and my favorite website, http://yourteamcheats.com   :)   

One thing Doyal's column I just read I agree with, you don't think Goddell and his stooges had Week 5 somewhere on their page while deliberating thinking of the Cash Cow that week will bring in.    

I hope Brady ties this baby up in the federal court system, much like the Williams Wall Brothers did in Minnesota (took 3 years to settle) and then goes out and retires, that would be pure entertainment in my world.  

https://www.nflpa.com/news/all-news/nflpa-statement-on-tom-brady-s-four-game-suspension

The Commissioner's ruling today did nothing to address the legal deficiencies of due process. The NFL remains stuck with the following facts:

• The NFL had no policy that applied to players;
  • The NFL provided no notice of any such policy or potential discipline to players;
  • The NFL resorted to a nebulous standard of "general awareness" to predicate a legally unjustified punishment;
  • The NFL had no procedures in place until two days ago to test air pressure in footballs; and
  • The NFL violated the plain meaning of the collective bargaining agreement.

The fact that the NFL would resort to basing a suspension on a smoke screen of irrelevant text messages instead of admitting that they have all of the phone records they asked for is a new low, even for them, but it does nothing to correct their errors.

The NFLPA will appeal this outrageous decision on behalf of Tom Brady.

And yet:  Still lose due to the FACT that the NFLPA collectively bargained for the Arbiter to be:  The NFL Commissioner (employed by the owners).   

And yet:  Still lose due to the FACT that the NFLPA collectively bargained for the Arbiter to be:  The NFL Commissioner (employed by the owners).   

Oh I am not saying that NFLPA didn't screw that baby up at all either.   

Colossal waste of time and $$     Ryan Clark was only player vocally against the CBA, couldn't get enough support from his peers.   Short sighted on their part and now they pay and go thru this fiasco to hopefully level the playing field a bit.   

I get that I am a far minority in my opinion in this matter, not trying to change anyones mind, just giving facts out on the other side of the coin.