Sign in to follow this  
BDGiant93

Ben Davis has hired Jason Simmons as the 15th head coach in BD History

Did he coach under Coach D and where has he been coaching lately?

10 minutes ago, warren05 said:

Did he coach under Coach D and where has he been coaching lately?

Has been at Noblesville the last 2 years. Went 4-6, 1-9. Was at Hamilton Heights '09-'10(9-3.12-1).

Not a fan of this hire at all...

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but this has mediocre written all over it.

• Upvote 2

I understand and respect everyone’s right to an opinion but give Coach Simmons time. What were anyone’s expectations for the ‘18 season with Kirchner or anyone else at the helm?  It make not be the sexy pick of Hart to Brownsburg but I don’t think many thought that Herbert at Carmel or Marsh at Roncalli were the best hires either....those don’t look so bad now, do they?  Bottom line....Jason a Simmons is a decent man with a lot of football knowledge that is passionate about this program. I’m not saying that this will go down as a great hire.  I just think he deserves a chance.

Also consider that this is not an easy job.  I know that their are some great coaches around that had ZERO interest in the job.  200 players and staff, high expectations, a tough schedule and playing in the south semi-state....not an easy job!

• Upvote 1

Underwhelming, but everyone deserves a chance, I guess.  

This guy has bounced around quite a bit over the past 7-8 years.  That should be a red flag.  Obviously, the BD people got to know him when he was there as Assistant AD.  

Any truth that there was a rift between the administration and the former coaching staff? How many assistants will Simmons be able to retain?

I thought the DC was going to be the next best choice.  Idk this is interesting hire for a nationally ranked team.

11 minutes ago, greyhound3175 said:

I thought the DC was going to be the next best choice.  Idk this is interesting hire for a nationally ranked team.

Was the DC still Williams? 

Congrats to Coach Simmons.  

Simmons has some strong ties to BD.  Former assistant there, former assistant AD, understands all that comes with working at BD.  Has head coaching experience, has school admin experience, and leadership experience in the state coaching association.  Checks a lot of boxes.  

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Coach_G said:

Congrats to Coach Simmons.  

Simmons has some strong ties to BD.  Former assistant there, former assistant AD, understands all that comes with working at BD.  Has head coaching experience, has school admin experience, and leadership experience in the state coaching association.  Checks a lot of boxes.  

Co sign 

• Upvote 2

Congrats Jason!!!  He is a Great Coach and an even better person..... BD will be fine.

Now where does Noblesville turn?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2018 at 8:28 AM, POTLUCK said:

Any truth that there was a rift between the administration and the former coaching staff? How many assistants will Simmons be able to retain?

No. There is no truth to my knowledge. Coach Kirschner left because he wanted to leave and coach somewhere else. There's no hidden reason. As far as the remainder of the staff, I have no inside knowledge as to who is staying or leaving or whatever, but I think the hiring of Coach Simmons will go a long way to stability on the staff. Just my general feeling on things.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:44 PM, DrivenT said:

Underwhelming, but everyone deserves a chance, I guess.  

This guy has bounced around quite a bit over the past 7-8 years.  That should be a red flag.  Obviously, the BD people got to know him when he was there as Assistant AD.  

Moves have been all of his own volition. Related mostly to family.

Edited by BDGiant93

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, Patch33 said:

BD will be fine.

He better be a lot better then "fine" at Ben Davis. 

Be interesting to see who ends up having the better head coaching careers between the new hires at LC and BD.

On 3/24/2018 at 6:52 PM, BDGiant93 said:

Moves have been all of his own volition. Related mostly to family.

At least he did give Noblesville time to find a new Head Coach.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:11 PM, Dan Jones said:

He better be a lot better then "fine" at Ben Davis. 

Be interesting to see who ends up having the better head coaching careers between the new hires at LC and BD.

I think LC made the move they wanted, and BD got the guy they wanted. No need to compare the two.

• Thanks 1

My opinion which really means nothing. I think he is a great coach, but not in a large school. I love his offense, and thought he would do good at Noblesville. He did turn it around a bit and wish he stayed longer just to see if he could.

Jason Simmons will be highly effective at a school who, to be frank, needs his discipline.  Will he win football games?  I believe he will..  Will he produce quality young people who better their family trees and make generational changes?  Undoubtedly.  I would want my son to play for him and would be honored to coach on his staff.

Mark my words, years from now people will reflect that Ben Davis was lucky to make such a quality hire.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 3/30/2018 at 1:03 AM, The TW said:

Jason Simmons will be highly effective at a school who, to be frank, needs his discipline.  Will he win football games?  I believe he will..  Will he produce quality young people who better their family trees and make generational changes?  Undoubtedly.  I would want my son to play for him and would be honored to coach on his staff.

Mark my words, years from now people will reflect that Ben Davis was lucky to make such a quality hire.  

Excellent. He'll pick up right where Mike Kirschner left off. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2018 at 11:57 AM, bucksfan said:

WITHDRAWN RESPONSE TO DELETED POST.

Edited by BDGiant93
hiding names

Assistant Coaches are not to be bantered about either.   If there is a something announced by a school so be it, but "i heard" stuff is always a no go around here with coaches and their jobs. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/9/2018 at 2:34 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

Assistant Coaches are not to be bantered about either.   If there is a something announced by a school so be it, but "i heard" stuff is always a no go around here with coaches and their jobs. 

THANK YOU. 

On 3/20/2018 at 2:29 PM, Patch33 said:

Congrats Jason!!!  He is a Great Coach and an even better person..... BD will be fine.

Now where does Noblesville turn?

East Central!!!