Sign in to follow this  
Muda69

Oak Hill's defacto club basketball team

Here is my thought on this. I wish them good luck as a team at state. The thing I don't understand is if the schools education is not to their standard then why should they be allowed to play ball there? Either way best of luck to a CIC team. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

yep, If you're gonna recruit players, at least make them go to your school full time like everyone else does............

I’m happy for Coach Renbarger and the whole community but I just don’t agree with homeschool kids being allowed to play. At Tipton(guessing most schools) if you are not at school the day of a game by 10 am you’re not allowed to play in the game. Oak Hill has 3 kids that attend 1 class(P.E) and then play in their games. If you aren’t going to that school full time then you shouldn’t be playing on their basketball team. Just my two cents.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I understand where everyone is coming from, but the three kids have lived in the school district for many years. They grew up playing multiple sports with their Oak Hill teammates.

Is it "recruitment" when you simply play high school sports in accordance to the IHSAA rules in the community you live in?

On 3/23/2018 at 11:44 AM, caliboy24 said:

Here is my thought on this. I wish them good luck as a team at state. The thing I don't understand is if the schools education is not to their standard then why should they be allowed to play ball there? Either way best of luck to a CIC team. 

THANK YOU!

On 3/26/2018 at 7:52 PM, Fballfan15 said:

I’m happy for Coach Renbarger and the whole community but I just don’t agree with homeschool kids being allowed to play. At Tipton(guessing most schools) if you are not at school the day of a game by 10 am you’re not allowed to play in the game. Oak Hill has 3 kids that attend 1 class(P.E) and then play in their games. If you aren’t going to that school full time then you shouldn’t be playing on their basketball team. Just my two cents.

THANK YOU!

To play devil's advocate here:  Do not the parents of these home schooled children also live in the Oak Hill school district and therefore their taxes go to pay for the government school?  Should they not be able to obtain some sort of value-for-value arrangement,  in this case their children participating in government school athletics,  for their hard earned money?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

To play devil's advocate here:  Do not the parents of these home schooled children also live in the Oak Hill school district and therefore their taxes go to pay for the government school?  Should they not be able to obtain some sort of value-for-value arrangement,  in this case their children participating in government school athletics,  for their hard earned money?

Some parents rent their homes.  Should their kids be allowed to play?

Would the school be receiving the state funding that follows students these days?  Does anyone know?

7 minutes ago, Fine Print said:

Some parents rent their homes.  Should their kids be allowed to play?

Would the school be receiving the state funding that follows students these days?  Does anyone know?

Yes, does not a portion of renter's monthly rent payment go towards the rental owner's property tax liability?     Are the children of renters allowed to attend government schools?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Muda, you are so clueless on the entirety of education.

Then please, educate me.

Just now, Coach Ellenwood said:

No.   @Irishman has done it too wonderfully in the OOB forum.  

If you say so.    

1 minute ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

I know so.  Good day!

You and Irishman are licensed education professionals.  Who can dare question their judgment regarding government education?