Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
littledog

HNAC offseason

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I would assume so. Hopefully they have a better turnout of kids for next season. 

Coach Slocum does a great job with the kids. It’s just tough when you have to throw freshman to the wolves right away playing all three phases just to field a full team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Coach Slocum does a great job with the kids. It’s just tough when you have to throw freshman to the wolves right away playing all three phases just to field a full team. 

Preach Fran, PREACH! More power to them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

Any news on potential conference additions?

Not going to happen unless someone leaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With weights programs going on and spring practices now allowed any conference news???

A few things I'm curious about:

1. Who will step up on the o-line at Pioneer and as team leaders?How will scheme change without Kiser and Gregorich on Offense and Defense?

2. How will new coaches impact schemes at Triton and North Judson?

3. How much will Laville's youngsters continue to improve off of last years solid team?

4. Will Caston be able to field a team this year?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

With weights programs going on and spring practices now allowed any conference news???

A few things I'm curious about:

1. Who will step up on the o-line at Pioneer and as team leaders?How will scheme change without Kiser and Gregorich on Offense and Defense?

2. How will new coaches impact schemes at Triton and North Judson?

3. How much will Laville's youngsters continue to improve off of last years solid team?

4. Will Caston be able to field a team this year?

 

I don't think having Younis back at the helm will change the schemes as much as the change of personnel.  Younis was the offensive coordinator the last few years under Brown.  I do not think the passing attack will be the same, but we are returning a few starters and last years leading rusher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 1:45 PM, trojan474 said:

I don't think having Younis back at the helm will change the schemes as much as the change of personnel.  Younis was the offensive coordinator the last few years under Brown.  I do not think the passing attack will be the same, but we are returning a few starters and last years leading rusher.

Nothing is really changing at all with the coaching staff. We are bringing in Zach Whittaker from Jimtown and he will take over as the Defensive Coordinator. We also brought in a Triton alum in Kyle Bell to work with the receivers and DBs. Other than that we are looking forward to seeing what we will have going into August. We maybe young this year, but we will have a bunch of potential to continue building on the success we have had. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 8:14 AM, FarmerFran said:

With weights programs going on and spring practices now allowed any conference news???

A few things I'm curious about:

1. Who will step up on the o-line at Pioneer and as team leaders?How will scheme change without Kiser and Gregorich on Offense and Defense?

2. How will new coaches impact schemes at Triton and North Judson?

3. How much will Laville's youngsters continue to improve off of last years solid team?

4. Will Caston be able to field a team this year?

 

This is a quote from a former Pioneer assistant Coach, "The O-line will be better than last years group."  I think the o-line will be just fine.  Whatever their losses were, they must be getting replaced with better people.  Could be scary.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Punttheball said:

This is a quote from a former Pioneer assistant Coach, "The O-line will be better than last years group."  I think the o-line will be just fine.  Whatever their losses were, they must be getting replaced with better people.  Could be scary.

I would asterick that by saying that every group has their strengths and weaknesses.  So what do you define as "better"?  The 2019 OL physical abilities made them better power play blockers than pullers.  Their replacements are probably the exact opposite - better pullers and outside run game than straight up power blockers.  But the identity of the team is changing too.  Pioneer wont have the power backs they had, so the power and power read plays wont be the mainstay like they were last year.  This year's OL will play more toward the speed ability of the WBs and most likely make them more of a flank team.

So, pick your poison.  2019 OL better or the potential of the 2020 OL?   All I will say is that 3 of the 2019 OL started for 3 years and took home 3 rings.  The 2020 OL has some work to do to even be mentioned in the same sentence yet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talked with someone at Bremen, was told that they are always assessing there conference situation, at the moment they will not be making a change, if a change were to happen it would be most likely a newly formed league and not a currently constructed league.  He did not state what that new league would consist of.  My takeaway, is they are cognizant of possible shifts occurring down the pipe, are happy where they stand, and if things shift they want to be prepared ahead of time. Not left out of the picture and have there hand forced like the collapse of the NSC left them prior.  

 

(Sorry to hijack the HNAC thread, but wanted to let you know what I heard)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody else noticed Pioneer's schedule for this upcoming season? One of these things is not like the other.

Aug. 23   Lewis Cass 2A 7:00 pm    
Aug. 30 at Winamac 1A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 6 at LaVille 2A © 7:30 pm    
Sep. 13 at Caston 1A © 7:00 pm    
Sep. 20   Indianapolis Attucks 4A 7:30 pm    
Sep. 27   Triton 1A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 4   Knox 3A © 7:30 pm    
Oct. 11 at Culver 1A © 7:00 pm    
Oct. 18   North Judson 1A © 7:30 pm    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't know they played attucks this year.    That should be good game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2019 at 10:03 PM, CoachSnyder said:

Didn't North White drop Pioneer for the Sept 20 game????

I think it was more Pioneer dropping if not mutual.  Regardless, probably the best for both teams moving forward.

Edited by Coach-Ref_Kiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 9:15 AM, MarshallCounty said:

Any news on potential conference additions?

Hey Marshall County ....

Congratulations to Coach Huppert and the softball team on a state title!

Noticed you inquired about any conference additions.

How do you feel the Lions are doing in the NIC?

The travel doesn't appear to be a problem,  in fact, probably less travel for conference opponents?  

Nights not as long, traveling up north? Getting the student-athletes home earlier?

Seems like there are a lot of positives for Bremen in the NIC.

 

As always, 

the game is better from_the_sidelines007 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 8:23 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Hey Marshall County ....

Congratulations to Coach Huppert and the softball team on a state title!

Noticed you inquired about any conference additions.

How do you feel the Lions are doing in the NIC?

The travel doesn't appear to be a problem,  in fact, probably less travel for conference opponents?  

Nights not as long, traveling up north? Getting the student-athletes home earlier?

Seems like there are a lot of positives for Bremen in the NIC.

 

As always, 

the game is better from_the_sidelines007 

 

I just now saw this...sorry for the late reply.   I feel Bremen is doing just fine in the conference. Conference results are secondary to the post season and has always been that way. The NIC prepares the Lions for 2a in all sports. The travel is good, furthest games are 45 minutes away  to Elkhart Central. Saying all that, some are concerned about the gate, some schools don't travel and bring in fans and that may be hurting the bottom line. I don't know, I am no way connected to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...