Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
brvheart63

What are the teams to watch in 1A in fall 2018?

3 hours ago, FishDuck said:

What's his speed like? I've seen him in the state finals the last 2 years and he seems to have plenty, but just curious what his numbers are

TC Boost in Chicago clocked him at 4.6 last summer.  He did win the 100 at indoor meet at DePauw last week.  Also was on the podium at state in shot and discus last year.  Pretty rare for a QB/S . 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CharlieTweeder said:

TC Boost in Chicago clocked him at 4.6 last summer.  He did win the 100 at indoor meet at DePauw last week.  Also was on the podium at state in shot and discus last year.  Pretty rare for a QB/S . 

Awesome!

If they stay healthy, 1A won't be very competitive.  Pioneer is loaded for bear.  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, LccQ said:

There's a lot of excitement with Coach Nay coming in at LCC. Hard to tell how successful they will be at this point. QB will be a big question mark this year, although Dulin is the favorite for that spot. Interested to see how he does, he was 15-24 for 169 yards with 0 TD's and 2 INT's in his one start last year. Schwartz was a monster last year and was on the Junior All-State team. I expect him to be even better this year. Daniel Roach also has some great talent receiving and will be the #2 target this year. Dienhart and Schrader return 640 yards rushing. The O-Line returns 4 players that have started. Defensively you return another Junior All-State player in Kennedy. The D-Line also brings back Jacob Rogers who had 71 tackles. Dienhart will return as MLB and Onken will be back as a safety. Big spot that might be overlooked is the need for a kicker. CC has been spoiled the past 5 years with a good kicker but this year I'm not sure if there is one. 

Need to head over and visit the soccer team again ... maybe tennis.

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2018 at 8:49 AM, Coach H said:

If they stay healthy, 1A won't be very competitive.  Pioneer is loaded for bear.  

This is always the case it seems in 1A

Difference between deep runs and early exits are one or two injuries away 

Our skilled people and back seven on D will be as good as we've ever had, it's upfront where we have to find some answers.

Edited by CharlieTweeder

I was looking at the road Pioneer might take if they were to head back to state and noticed that sectional 42 (Pioneer sectional) had five teams with higher sagarin ratings than the best team from sectional 41. 

On 3/23/2018 at 6:35 PM, silvertone1696 said:

I was looking at the road Pioneer might take if they were to head back to state and noticed that sectional 42 (Pioneer sectional) had five teams with higher sagarin ratings than the best team from sectional 41. 

I would expect that to change a bit in 2018.  LaVille and Triton both return most of their offenses for '18.  Sectional 41 won't be deep like 42, but the top two or three should be pretty decent.

Not that either will be able to give Pioneer a challenge, but they should be a little better than last year.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:35 PM, silvertone1696 said:

This has been the norm for a long time.  When LCC is in your sectional you're often playing for a state title birth in those first three weeks of the tourney

What are the teams to watch in 1A in fall 2018? What are the teams under the radar in the North and South for next fall?

How are the teams throughout the state? Sheridan? Eastern Greene, Fountain Central, Carroll (Flora), Southwood and others? How are they going to be?

6 hours ago, punttheball said:

I will take Pioneer and give you the field.

Give him some points too!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

North Central farmersburg has player on tremendous 26 

They might be the team to beat in the south 

pioneer should be solid 

health vital as always 

Edited by CharlieTweeder

Fountain Central returns 2 all state players but needs a coaching staff and about 15 players added to the team

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

No disrespect to any other 1A team but IMO i don't see a serious threat to Pioneer unless the injury bug hit's them..

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sbriant20 said:

No disrespect to any other 1A team but IMO i don't see a serious threat to Pioneer unless the injury bug hit's them..

Anyone that finds this disrespectful needs to join the tennis digest 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

Anyone that finds this disrespectful needs to join the tennis digest 

Where's 09er when you need him? :13_v:

Lord, I apologize for that.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Takkle4 life gettin interesting

Is Jack gonna go Big10 with Iowa, Purdue, Nebraska, Michigan State, Indiana, Minnesota

Or ACC with Duke

Or MAC Ball State, Western Michigan, Miami

Or Eastern Kentucky, Illinois State, Indiana State

heatin up in the Kiser household

need to have a poll or contest to predict his choice

Edited by CharlieTweeder

Blue Devils were in Royal Center. Fine academic institution with a great support staff!

Someone better mention LCC or Braveheart will start 3-4 more threads.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Coach Durham said:

Blue Devils were in Royal Center. Fine academic institution with a great support staff!

Someone better mention LCC or Braveheart will start 3-4 more threads.

I think LCC will beat all the 1A teams on their schedule. 

• Haha 1