Sign in to follow this  
FishDuck

2018 Draft

Not many teams looking to run it down your throat 30 times a game in today's NFL. And not many teams playing linebackers that can't run with tight ends or running backs. Let's take a look at some of the best LB's in the game today:

Luke Kuechly--6'3" 240lbs     Telvin Smith---6'3" 220lbs   Alec Ogeltree---6'2" 235lbs   Bobby Wagner---6'0" 245lbs   Deion Jones---6'1" 225lbs   Ryan Shazier---6'1" 230lbs

And Leonard Floyd is the same height as Jack Lambert and listed about 25lbs heavier.

The game has changed; speed is king

16 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

Not many teams looking to run it down your throat 30 times a game in today's NFL. And not many teams playing linebackers that can't run with tight ends or running backs. Let's take a look at some of the best LB's in the game today:

Luke Kuechly--6'3" 240lbs     Telvin Smith---6'3" 220lbs   Alec Ogeltree---6'2" 235lbs   Bobby Wagner---6'0" 245lbs   Deion Jones---6'1" 225lbs   Ryan Shazier---6'1" 230lbs

And Leonard Floyd is the same height as Jack Lambert and listed about 25lbs heavier.

The game has changed; speed is king

No doubt it has. I've even noticed that Wisconsin's OL is not as big as it used to be. Lol

I was watching the Rutgers spring game on BTN a few weeks ago (slow day) and watched a play downfield where a deep ball was thrown and several wide receivers and defensive backs were involved in the play. I was shocked at how small all of these guys were. It literally looked like a bunch of high school kids.  

Yes, the game has changed. For those of us who grew up with smash mouth, highly physical football, the current version is not at all entertaining. But the game is now marketed toward video game playing millenials who prefer the manic pace of today's game. Many of us boomers have already disengaged and we will all be worm food in 10 years anyways so our opinions and tastes have been deemed irrelevent 

10 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

No doubt it has. I've even noticed that Wisconsin's OL is not as big as it used to be. Lol

I was watching the Rutgers spring game on BTN a few weeks ago (slow day) and watched a play downfield where a deep ball was thrown and several wide receivers and defensive backs were involved in the play. I was shocked at how small all of these guys were. It literally looked like a bunch of high school kids.  

Yes, the game has changed. For those of us who grew up with smash mouth, highly physical football, the current version is not at all entertaining. But the game is now marketed toward video game playing millenials who prefer the manic pace of today's game. Many of us boomers have already disengaged and we will all be worm food in 10 years anyways so our opinions and tastes have been deemed irrelevent 

I think a lot of this has to do with it being Rutgers, who hasn't been a strong program for a while.

I was at Georgia for their coaching clinic a few weeks ago and got to watch a couple practices on the field. Lemme tell ya, those guys are NOT small lol

17 hours ago, DrivenT said:

I dont watch the NFL.  Stopped watching several years ago, as the Bears spiraled down to the bottom of the league.

I'm hugely put off by the fantasy and gambling aspects of the NFL.  If you took away those two elements, the game might actually die due to a lack of interest.    NFL games to me are very homogenous and prepackaged.  Boring is the word.   They all frankly look the same.  People are supporting players and teams for all the wrong reasons (those previously mentioned)

This new Bears regime does have me intrigued and somewhat more engaged.  I'm hopeful they will become "watchable" again.  Last time I can remember a watchable Bears team, Jim Miller was at the helm and the offense was borderline dangerous.

The NFL is starting to look like Texas high school football.  I abhor that style of play, and the outcomes, where 55-49 scores are the norm.  

Thank God we still have some semblance of traditional midwestern football still alive in the Big Ten.  

yea those Bears teams under Lovie were awful to watch :13_v:

Just now, Coach Nowlin said:

yea those Bears teams under Lovie were awful to watch 

If you abhor Jay Cutler and his tendency to turn the ball over at the most inopportune time, then yes, they were tough to watch.

Just now, DrivenT said:

If you abhor Jay Cutler and his tendency to turn the ball over at the most inopportune time, then yes, they were tough to watch.

Try Rex Grossman Era

Which also had some of those Jay cutler tendencies.   Hey Day of that defense and Special teams in mid 2000's was fantastic product on the field.  

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Try Rex Grossman Era

Which also had some of those Jay cutler tendencies.   Hey Day of that defense and Special teams in mid 2000's was fantastic product on the field.  

Hopefully , Nagy can pull all 3 elements together and make the Bears a complete team finally.  

• Upvote 1

I am the king of the Kool Aid drinking!!!     

I like the energy out of Hallas Hall under Pace leadership and LOVE the direction of Nagy and OC Helfrich

Add OL HARRY and retaining Vic

Stir that Kool Aid!!! 

The pundits are not sold on the Bears 2018 ..  Prediction is 6 wins.  

saw Vegas has them at 6.5 wins  

I like the idea of the OVER on that.   realistically 7-9    8-8 that can get to 10-6 with some breaks on health and 4th quarter play.