Jump to content
Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Muda69

Children who play football before age 12 show CTE-related symptoms much sooner

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I like your beanie.

Easily.  Studies have shown the horrific effects of CTE often do not show up until decades after the child has played tackle football.  Therefore there is a chance that as an adult the medical care an individual may need to help combat those effects are paid via medicare/medicaid. Both taxpayer funded government entitlements.

 

citation/s please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

citation/s please.

https://concussionfoundation.org/CTE-resources/what-is-CTE

Quote

Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) is a degenerative brain disease found in athletes, military veterans, and others with a history of repetitive brain trauma. In CTE, a protein called Tau forms clumps that slowly spread throughout the brain, killing brain cells. CTE has been seen in people as young as 17, but symptoms do not generally begin appearing until years after the onset of head impacts.

Early symptoms of CTE usually appear in a patient's late 20s or 30s, and affect a patient's mood and behavior. Some common changes seen include impulse control problems, aggression, depression, and paranoia.

 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Gamecock Part Deux said:

And why don't you answer the man's question without a red herring response? You're quick to call out individuals like me because I don't have any kids, so why is there no legit response to Trojan Dad, who obviously does have kids. Is it because you possibly allowed your kids to partake in a stupid, callous, short sided decision of riding in a car being driven by another minor that wasn't under the influence of any mind altering substances?

 

41 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

manipulation.jpg

Image result for im still waiting gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it interesting how all the supposed government school employees on this forum have the time to post and/or moderate on this forum while according to the date/time they should be in the classroom you know, teaching.   Misuse of taxpayer funds?

 

2 minutes ago, Gamecock Part Deux said:

 

Image result for im still waiting gif

There are products like rogaine for that condition you know.

 

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I find it interesting how all the supposed government school employees on this forum have the time to post and/or moderate on this forum while according to the date/time they should be in the classroom you know, teaching.   Misuse of taxpayer funds?

 

There are products like rogaine for that condition you know.

 

Image result for grasping at straws gif

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I find it interesting how all the supposed government school employees on this forum have the time to post and/or moderate on this forum while according to the date/time they should be in the classroom you know, teaching.   Misuse of taxpayer funds?

 

There are products like rogaine for that condition you know.

 

How do you manage to get your work done??? :15_v:

Just now, Blue Racer said:

How do you manage to get your work done??? :15_v:

Please disregard. Personally, I do not care!

 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blue Racer said:

How do you manage to get your work done??? :15_v:

I wonder how he manages to oeprate in life...........:15_v:

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

I wonder how he manages to oeprate in life...........:15_v:

I manage quite well, thank you very much.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I manage quite well, thank you very much.   

Whatever YOU say there pally.............

You are welcome.  Thank you for your support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Whatever YOU say there pally.............

You are welcome.  Thank you for your support.

No, thank you for your support.  

How do you manage, living on the public dole for most of it not your entire government teaching career so far?

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

No, thank you for your support.  

How do you manage, living on the public dole for most of it not your entire government teaching career so far?

 

Image result for classic misdirection gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

I manage quite well, thank you very much.   

Citations please.:04_v:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Blue Racer said:

Citations please.:04_v:

I'm a Maconaquah High School alumni,  my standard of living has to be higher than somebody from Denver, Indiana.  :)

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

I'm a Maconaquah High School alumni,  my standard of living has to be higher than somebody from Denver, Indiana.  :)

 

Alright, you got me with that!  Go Warriors!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 8:11 AM, Muda69 said:

1.  This attempt to compare riding or driving in cars to playing tackle football puzzles me.  One does not drive or ride in a car with the intent of inflicting physical violence on another individual (unless that car is entered in something like a demolition derby, I guess).  But one of the primary goals of tackle football is inflicting physical violence on another individual, most often in the form of tackling them.  Apples versus oranges.

2. Once again, and you just don't seem to get it,  I do not advocate children under the age of 18 consuming currently illegal drugs.  Or even if those drugs become legalized.

 

No big deal.  I've been dog piled numerous times over the years on this forum,  but unlike most of you I don't have that big of an ego to bruise.   Comes with the territory when you have unpopular or controversial opinions.

1. It's not apples to oranges...risk is risk and I am curious how you process it.  How do you get comfortable allowing your children to be exposed to a much great risk of operating a motor vehicle, or being in a vehicle operated by another, yet are so passionate about not allowing them to be exposed to the game of football?

2.  You are not reading...I was clear that my question was not about minors using drugs.  My question was about you being ok with the legalization of drugs, even though we know it brings inherent risk...to both the user, and to non-users (which include minors).  E.g., auto accidents, crime, etc.

Why is the risk acceptable to you in both above scenario's, yet its unacceptable to you with parents making their own calls about their children participating in football?  I am just seeking to understand your position.  No judgement...its ok if we believe differently.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 9:13 AM, Muda69 said:

I like your beanie.

Easily.  Studies have shown the horrific effects of CTE often do not show up until decades after the child has played tackle football.  Therefore there is a chance that as an adult the medical care an individual may need to help combat those effects are paid via medicare/medicaid. Both taxpayer funded government entitlements.

 

Can't we say the say about fast food to include over eating about long terms impacts leading to health care needs?

https://www.healthline.com/health/fast-food-effects-on-body

Use of sugar?  

https://avocadu.com/sugar-destroys-childs-long-term-health/

Where does it stop?

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Trojan Dad said:

1. It's not apples to oranges...risk is risk and I am curious how you process it.  How do you get comfortable allowing your children to be exposed to a much great risk of operating a motor vehicle, or being in a vehicle operated by another, yet are so passionate about not allowing them to be exposed to the game of football?

2.  You are not reading...I was clear that my question was not about minors using drugs.  My question was about you being ok with the legalization of drugs, even though we know it brings inherent risk...to both the user, and to non-users (which include minors).  E.g., auto accidents, crime, etc.

Why is the risk acceptable to you in both above scenario's, yet its unacceptable to you with parents making their own calls about their children participating in football?  I am just seeking to understand your position.  No judgement...its ok if we believe differently.

 

Just now, Trojan Dad said:

Can't we say the say about fast food to include over eating about long terms impacts leading to health care needs?

https://www.healthline.com/health/fast-food-effects-on-body

Use of sugar?  

https://avocadu.com/sugar-destroys-childs-long-term-health/

Where does it stop?

 

 

 

He's never going to give you a straight answer on that because he knows what you're saying destroys his entire argument.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gamecock Part Deux said:

 

 

He's never going to give you a straight answer on that because he knows what you're saying destroys his entire argument.

I do want to be clear.  I like Muda...his heart is in the right place.  And he's absolutely entitled to his belief on what's best for his children.

I just don't think it makes another parent less caring/concerned for their children because they allow their child to play football.  We all accept risk for our children, as its not a risk free world.  We know youth concussions is not just a football issue.  Should we ban a number of youth sports?

https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/24/concussions-can-occur-in-all-youth-sports/

Looking forward to getting out the Clackers with my youngest this weekend, while we play Jarts!!  :02_v:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gamecock Part Deux said:

 

 

He's never going to give you a straight answer on that because he knows what you're saying destroys his entire argument.

It never stops, much like TD's belief that the drug called alcohol is ok but that marijuana is still some gateway "demon weed" drug and therefore adults should be prevented by law from possessing it and consuming it.

We are all hypocrites in our own ways...............

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

It never stops, much like TD's belief that the drug called alcohol is ok but that marijuana is still some gateway "demon weed" drug and therefore adults should be prevented by law from possessing it and consuming it.

We are all hypocrites in our own ways...............

So then what's your point in creating this thread?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gamecock Part Deux said:

So then what's your point in creating this thread?

to watch his lips flap together

  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gamecock Part Deux said:

So then what's your point in creating this thread?

To try and educate other adults on the dangers of tackle football.  They can make their own decision on whether or not to subject their < 18 year old children to such a violent possibly deadly sport.

The numbers are saying that many parents believe as I do:  https://herosports.com/nfl/youth-high-school-football-participation-down-ahah

Quote

...

At minus-19.2 percent, football has the second-highest declining rate among all sports for ages 6-17 between 2011-2016. Track and field is minus-23.6. Just behind football is softball (minus-17.9) and soccer (minus-15.1).

Among ages 13-17, football falls to the fourth-highest (minus-25.6 percent), well behind field hockey (minus-51.7) and volleyball (minus-30.9). And for the very young kids, ages 6-12, it's nowhere near the top, ranking eighth (minus-6.4), more than 16 percentage points behind soccer (minus-22.6).

"I don’t want [my son] to play [football] early," former NFL defensive tackle Spice Adams told HERO Sports earlier this month. When he gets to high school, it’s going to be his decision and I know he’s going to want to play. If it was up to me, I would have him play golf.

"I’m 37 years old and my body feels like I’m 60. I don’t want him to feel like that. I want him to get up and start his day. I think golf isn’t as hard on your body as running into another 350-pound man."

....

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×