47 minutes ago, Butter Bean said:

Frozen Tundra     I agree with everything you wrote except Madison’s ride is quite a bit longer than two hours.  Long way to go to get beat! 

Not sure I would qualify it as "quite a bit longer." Probably would be a little slower on a bus, but :

image.thumb.png.b8ef1d6ea4eb7535c756993832e14e0b.png

Edited by npatman

Concerning the officiating posts let me chime in.  I was a varsity football coach for 25 years at various schools.  Although I was not one to "ride" an official all game once one made a mistake (as I interpreted it) or simply missed a call because they didn't see it I rode them horribly the rest of the game.  I was obnoxious and could not understand how they couldn't see something at the point of attack.  Well last year I decided to quit coaching and get my official's license and began officiating lower level games and was given the opportunity to work on a crew for 1 varsity game until I tore my Achilles in 1st quarter.  (Yep that hurt).  Let me tell you it is different once you are on the field and trying to be an official.  Coaches have the distinct advantage of knowing where their play is going and are already looking at "the point of attack" well before the official can.  The game speeds up incredibly once you start officiating.  To all the officials that I berated over the years for missed or mistaken calls, I apologize.  You do a wonderful job and do the best you can.  Coaches and fans, lets give them a break. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

At least Madison gets to play on the Red Turf field at Edgewood. 

Ive had a new found respect for Madison after reading the New York Times article this year and when BNL played down there they recognized their 8th grade team for their undefeated season. 

Here is to hoping they can turn things around at Madison. 

But they will lose by a bunch tonight as will Jennings County. 

If I’m not mistaken the NA RB who was a sophomore and was electric is hurt and out for the season. Maybe that has had something to do with their season going south as well.  By watching the scores the last few weeks I’d say East wins by 30+. 

Edited by Starbacker
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Starbacker said:

At least Madison gets to play on the Red Turf field at Edgewood. 

Ive had a new found respect for Madison after reading the New York Times article this year and when BNL played down there they recognized their 8th grade team for their undefeated season. 

Here is to hoping they can turn things around at Madison. 

But they will lose by a bunch tonight as will Jennings County. 

If I’m not mistaken the NA RB who was a sophomore and was electric is hurt and out for the season. Maybe that has had something to do with their season going south as well.  By watching the scores the last few weeks I’d say East wins by 30+. 

I don’t think Oppel is out is he? 

Columbus East - 17

New Albany - 3

Halftime

East stops NA on the 2 yard line as time expires. 

East very clearly has the best talent in this conference. But the coaching is superior too. Bob Gaddis hasnt lost in how ever many years because he NEVER gets outcoached. Just phenomenal what this guy does.

3 minutes ago, fkfootball said:

East very clearly has the best talent in this conference. But the coaching is superior too. Bob Gaddis hasnt lost in how ever many years because he NEVER gets outcoached. Just phenomenal what this guy does.

Right now CE is falling apart. Was up 24-3.. 5 minutes later it’s 24-16

Just now, MuleDriver said:

Score east / na ?

24-16 3rd Q

Just now, MuleDriver said:

what is the columbus radio again sam simmermaker ?

1010 WCSI

• Thanks 1