14 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Franklin Central just pulled a major coup by getting in to the Hoosier Crossroads.  This is the most valuable conference in the state.  No way they give that up.

Well, if Southport can drive to Terre Haute, they can drive to Bedford. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Well, if Southport can drive to Terre Haute, they can drive to Bedford. 

Southport is screwed.  And they know it.  First Perry Meridian abandoned them and left Conference Indiana for the Mid States.  Then Franklin Central bailed on them and joined the HCC.  Both schools wanted to break ties with Southport.  I don't know why specifically, but I'm sure they have their reasons and justification.

Southport can only hope that CI will not break up.  They are the last Indy school remaining in the league.  All of the others have left and found new homes  (Pike and Law Central to The MIC.  Perry, Martinsville and Decatur Central to The Mid States.   Franklin Central to The HCC)  

If I were the Southport AD, I would be looking for a way out of CI and into The Circle City.  I would reach out to Indy Tech to come along as well.   There is more security and stability with the Indy Catholic schools than the Columbus-Terre Haute-Bloomington mess in CI.  

Edited by DrivenT
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

If I were the Southport AD, I would be looking for a way out of CI and into The Circle City.  I would reach out to Indy Tech to come along as well.   There is more security and stability with the Indy Catholic schools than the Columbus-Terre Haute-Bloomington mess in CI.  

Or, they could swap affiliations with Mooresville.

Team camps have begun. Where does each HHC school go for team camp? Columbus East goes to Hanover College.

46 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Team camps have begun. Where does each HHC school go for team camp? Columbus East goes to Hanover College.

Seymour went to DePauw. According to the article in the local paper the coaches and players interviewed felt like they got a lot out of it. 

• Upvote 1

Floyd never goes to a camp.  I would like to see the new coach start doing this. 

Columbus North and Columbus East have both put down brand new field turf this summer. They replaced the old turf. 

How does everyone's team look after the first month of summer? The Os went to Hanover and are coming back with a new (but old) look offense. 

On 6/29/2018 at 2:39 PM, Olympian06 said:

Columbus North and Columbus East have both put down brand new field turf this summer. They replaced the old turf. 

North's field  is complete. East will get finish after the holiday. Great for both schools!

• Upvote 1

On 6/29/2018 at 2:39 PM, Olympian06 said:

Please tell me the new turf doesn't also have stupid yellow lines for soccer

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Please tell me the new turf doesn't also have stupid yellow lines for soccer

It does BD!! LOL. Sorry for the bad news lol. 

On 7/2/2018 at 8:00 PM, Olympian06 said:

It does BD!! LOL. Sorry for the bad news lol. 

12f94c.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 6/9/2018 at 11:52 PM, Colonel85 said:

I’m curious about HHC kids that go on to play college football.  Can anyone give me an estimate of how many kids each school will have on a college football roster next year?  I’m talking about any level. 

Best guess. CE  had 6 players move up in each of the last two classes plus 2 more older players.   -14

Jennings County just had their artificial turf installed. Who does that leave with a grass field? I know Madison still has grass but I can't remember if BNL or Jeffersonville have made the switch yet.

50 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Jennings County just had their artificial turf installed. Who does that leave with a grass field? I know Madison still has grass but I can't remember if BNL or Jeffersonville have made the switch yet.

Bedford has grass. 

Jeffersonville has grass , a couple of years ago they were slated to get turf along with Charlestown which is in the same school district ! But a referendum failed and the school system is funding lots of projects that are under the limit, with a lot of push back - so turf is not very politically popular at this time being !!  

On 7/8/2018 at 2:03 PM, btownqbcoach said:

Bedford has grass. 

I like the grass field at BNL. Of course I’m an old man 😂.  I’m sure he boys would love to have turf but I kind of think it could be an advantage for the Stars. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starbacker said:

I like the grass field at BNL. Of course I’m an old man 😂.  I’m sure he boys would love to have turf but I kind of think it could be an advantage for the Stars. 

I prefer schools stick with grass if they have adequate alternative practice fields where they can maybe hold the little league games so they don't tear up the varsity football fields by week 4. I don't buy what they try and sell to the boosters that turf is cheaper in the long run. BHSS had to replace their turf last year and it was pricey for the new carpet. When they went from grass to turf in 07 i think it was at least several hundred thousand dollars. Then in ten years you have to buy new carpet . Just hard for me to believe lawn care and sprinkler systems were that expensive. 

6 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

I prefer schools stick with grass if they have adequate alternative practice fields where they can maybe hold the little league games so they don't tear up the varsity football fields by week 4. I don't buy what they try and sell to the boosters that turf is cheaper in the long run. BHSS had to replace their turf last year and it was pricey for the new carpet. When they went from grass to turf in 07 i think it was at least several hundred thousand dollars. Then in ten years you have to buy new carpet . Just hard for me to believe lawn care and sprinkler systems were that expensive. 

That's probably true. 

22 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

It's cheaper for the schools if they aren't the ones paying for it. Columbus East and Columbus North raised the money for their turf. Jennings County's new turf was paid for by a grant.

As a Packers fan and as a fan of old school football, I prefer grass as well but it's not as safe to play on if you don't spend a lot of money to make it nice. The ground isn't always flat. You get holes and grooves carved into the ground that you also can't see sometimes because of the grass. Great on knees and ankles. If the ground gets too cold it becomes frozen and hard. If it's too hot and dry the ground becomes dusty and hard. Great on the head if it were to smack off the field. If it's rainy and muddy then your field gets torn up. You have to buy paint for the lines and numbers and make sure they're visible and straight. There's probably more to it but I'll stop right there.

So, in conclusion, is this cheaper than artificial turf? I really don't know. Maybe it is. However, it's a lot cheaper for artificial turf if the money isn't coming from your budget to install it. I can't imagine what little maintenance they have to do is more expensive than maintaining a grass field.

You guys are talking about turf. I've heard Floyd Central is trying to get a video board. Lol.

• Upvote 1

I heard Brian Glesing on the radio down here this morning. He had some interesting stuff to say, especially about the HHC.

1. He said he took the JHS job because he likes rebuilding projects and its 5 minutes from his house.

2. He said he has to take it slow teaching fundamentals to his new team. Going to be a work in progress.

3. He said East will repeat in the HHC. He said they are changing their offense to something we haven't seen there.

4. This was interesting to me. He said Floyd Central might be the 2nd best team in the conference. He said he left a ton of good players behind.

5. He said BNL has a really good team back, will contend for 2nd, and he likes coach Weber.

6. He said New Albany will be up there.

7. He said that he has plans for Jeff to compete for the HHC and Sectional crown in a few years.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, fkfootball said:

I heard Brian Glesing on the radio down here this morning. He had some interesting stuff to say, especially about the HHC.

1. He said he took the JHS job because he likes rebuilding projects and its 5 minutes from his house.

2. He said he has to take it slow teaching fundamentals to his new team. Going to be a work in progress.

3. He said East will repeat in the HHC. He said they are changing their offense to something we haven't seen there.

4. This was interesting to me. He said Floyd Central might be the 2nd best team in the conference. He said he left a ton of good players behind.

5. He said BNL has a really good team back, will contend for 2nd, and he likes coach Weber.

7. He said that he has plans for Jeff to compete for the HHC and Sectional crown in a few years.

The East offense is going to be a New but old offense.. a lot more passing with Gilley behind center, some wildcat with McDonald. Gilley is a D1 baseball commit, kid has a cannon. I’m more interested in the defense, with Wichman and a few others back I expect them to be solid. 

5 hours ago, fkfootball said:

When he says he has "plans" for them to compete for the sectional crown, does he mean he expects them to be in the sectional championship or does he mean he actually thinks they have a shot to win it?

Considering Jeffersonville is clearly the fourth best team in a four team sectional, a LOT of work is going to be required.  

• Upvote 1