Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×

11 minutes ago, Butter Bean said:

Considering Jeffersonville is clearly the fourth best team in a four team sectional, a LOT of work is going to be required.  

My thoughts exactly. Even in their best years they're only the third best team in the sectional. Might get you to the sectional championship if you play the worst team in the semis but by no means do I think they're at a level to win a sectional title.

Sounded like Glesing was sandbagging to me and I don’t necessarily blame him.   Floyd has very little experience coming back, putting in a new Offense, and don’t know for sure who their QB will be.  

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Colonel85 said:

Sounded like Glesing was sandbagging to me and I don’t necessarily blame him.   Floyd has very little experience coming back, putting in a new Offense, and don’t know for sure who their QB will be.  

I've been told that the kids replacing the graduated kids from FC are more talented than the guys they are replacing. They're bigger too. They have some size coming. Trace Willman will almost certainly be the QB and was very good as the JV QB last season.

New offense? Do we even know what they're going to use? I've been told Pro-Style. But I'm not positive about that.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

My thoughts exactly. Even in their best years they're only the third best team in the sectional. Might get you to the sectional championship if you play the worst team in the semis but by no means do I think they're at a level to win a sectional title.

I think he just meant hes going to try to build them up into a contender.

The guy is a winner. If he coached Columbus East, he would have the same success that Gaddis has. He took over 3 pathetic, dumpster fire programs at Laville, Clarksville, and Floyd Central. And turned them all around overnight. Him at Jeffersonville could bear a ton of fruit. They are the most athletic school in the conference.

Edited by fkfootball
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fkfootball said:

I've been told that the kids replacing the graduated kids from FC are more talented than the guys they are replacing. They're bigger too. They have some size coming. Trace Willman will almost certainly be the QB and was very good as the JV QB last season.

New offense? Do we even know what they're going to use? I've been told Pro-Style. But I'm not positive about that.

The guy is a winner. If he coached Columbus East, he would have the same success that Gaddis has. He took over 3 pathetic, dumpster fire programs at Laville, Clarksville, and Floyd Central. And turned them all around overnight. Him at Jeffersonville could bear a ton of fruit. They are the most athletic school in the conference.

Hard to say if Glesing would have the same success as Gaddis. Gaddis is one of the best coaches to ever coach Indiana High School football. I understand it’s an opinion, but it’s hard to say he would have the same success. 

I’ve heard they have some size coming up but the last two classes had decent depth in regards to athletes.  They’ve been a primarily running team for ten years and from what I understand they want to pass more.  I hope you’re right but I think the new coach is clearly in a rebuilding year.  I watch Gaddis teams every year and I see the program he’s built at CE and I respectfully disagree.  He’s in a small class of the best coaches ever.  

Martinsville @ BNL  to start the season. Bnl fans ? Why has this game not been played more often. I have a good friend (from bloomington) who now lives  in bedford town i might skip BHSS/Brownsburg opener to come see this game. I would have thought these schools who are close in enrollment and only 40 miles away on the same hwy would have met up more often.  Is this a two year series any bedford folks have more info? I think this is a good opener for both schools . Carter Whitson at mville really came along in his first year and Weber has been slowly building at bnl.  Im not sure what bnl has coming back , i remember (bnl bball player) Avery Brand's dad(chris) played qb at bhss for a couple years and was lightning but quit to concentrate on basketball .   If bnl could get some of these basketball guys to play football they would be very good. 

1 minute ago, MuleDriver said:

Why has this game not been played more often.

One side dominated the series. I would have an extraordinarily difficult time motivating a team to face an opponent who they lost to every year. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

One side dominated the series. I would have an extraordinarily difficult time motivating a team to face an opponent who they lost to every year. 

I think it may be closer this time around. Is this a home and home 2 year?

19 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

The East offense is going to be a New but old offense.. a lot more passing with Gilley behind center, some wildcat with McDonald. Gilley is a D1 baseball commit, kid has a cannon. I’m more interested in the defense, with Wichman and a few others back I expect them to be solid. 

Definitely new but old offense. Do not discount Lance Greiwe at running back. Heard he's getting majority of the carries this summer. Completely new defensive line and secondary outside of Wichman. 

Had the opportunity to watch the Os new week one opponent in Whiteland this week. They scrimmaged CN on Tuesday. New Albany and Martinsville comes to town next week. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, fkfootball said:

Can't speak for the others, but taking over a Clarksville program that went 5-5 with 3 losses by 9 points or less doesn't seem to qualify as a pathetic dumpster fire.

Seems the real challenge would be trying to turn Clarksville around now.

Edited by piratepop
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, piratepop said:

Can't speak for the others, but taking over a Clarksville program that went 5-5 with 3 losses by 9 points or less doesn't seem to qualify as a pathetic dumpster fire.

Not to hijack the thread, but there are some real issues in the athletic department/administration at Clarksville, they struggle to compete in multiple sports. I had a private conversation with Coach Cooley during his last year, all I can say is WOW!

I know the baseball coach there has done a great job.  From what I understand their Varsity field wasn’t even in playable condition when he got there.

19 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Hard to say if Glesing would have the same success as Gaddis. Gaddis is one of the best coaches to ever coach Indiana High School football. I understand it’s an opinion, but it’s hard to say he would have the same success. 

Gaddis is the better coach but it's not a wide margin. Glesing is the best coach in Southeast Indiana. That's just my opinion.

4 hours ago, piratepop said:

I wont argue with this. But they haven't done anything in 20 years except the 2 years Glesing was there.

3 hours ago, fkfootball said:

Gaddis is the better coach but it's not a wide margin. Glesing is the best coach in Southeast Indiana. That's just my opinion.

I wont argue with this. But they haven't done anything in 20 years except the 2 years Glesing was there.

Huge disparity between Gaddis and Glesing, while Glesing might be one of the best coaches in southeast Indiana, Gaddis is one of the best to ever coach high school football in Indiana. 

Maybe I overlooked it but does anyone know who Jeffersonville will be playing in week 1? John Harrell's site says "TBA".

14 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Huge disparity between Gaddis and Glesing, while Glesing might be one of the best coaches in southeast Indiana, Gaddis is one of the best to ever coach high school football in Indiana. 

You guys are loaded with talent. Gaddis is a really good coach, but it's not all him.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Maybe I overlooked it but does anyone know who Jeffersonville will be playing in week 1? John Harrell's site says "TBA".

They have played in the Pulaski County (KY) Bowl game the last three years. There are two games played that Friday night and they alternate opponents each year. Last year they played Pulaski County and the year before they played Southwestern (out of Pulaski County as well). Both are very solid programs with top notch coaches, though I believe PC's coach retired after this past season. They are still an outstanding program. 

2 hours ago, fkfootball said:

You guys are loaded with talent. Gaddis is a really good coach, but it's not all him.

If Glesing was near Gaddis he wouldn’t be getting beat by East by 35+ majority of his years. The talent gap isn’t that big between East and Floyd. They have a ton of athletes at Floyd too. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

If Glesing was near Gaddis he wouldn’t be getting beat by East by 35+ majority of his years. The talent gap isn’t that big between East and Floyd. They have a ton of athletes at Floyd too. 

We have 210 lb lineman vs your 285 lb lineman. 

East doesn’t have many 285lbs lineman. But it sounds like the strength and conditioning is the problem down there. The program took a turn when David Miller came around, and the new strength and conditioning came along. Kids have to buy into the program. David Miller will be the next East coach when Gaddis is gone. Ex NFL player, he knows what he is doing. East averaged about 240-245 on the line last year, all about blocking technique. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

East doesn’t have many 285lbs lineman. But it sounds like the strength and conditioning is the problem down there. The program took a turn when David Miller came around, and the new strength and conditioning came along. Kids have to buy into the program. David Miller will be the next East coach when Gaddis is gone. Ex NFL player, he knows what he is doing. East averaged about 240-245 on the line last year, all about blocking technique. 

Having a tackle that power cleans 375 to run behind doesn’t hurt! 😳

Gaddis doesn’t claim to be a great X’s and O’s Coach; in fact he probably keeps things simpler and more basic than anybody else in the conference. He is just able to get his kids motivated and to do their job at the best of their ability each play. He also has a very good staff, as mentioned with the S&C program as well as each position group. 

He is a great coach for that reason alone, let alone the other stuff. He’s built a program and a tradition there and I think most coaches will agree that once you get that built it coaches itself. 

Got to see Jennings Co at a 11 on 11 thud scrimmage at Salem yesterday. I saw them go against Evansville North and Charlestown. They had some success throwing against North, but got handled really good by Charlestown.

They had problems containing speed all day. Offense was shotgun double wing. Timing and snaps were off. I would expect that to get better with more reps.

Would appear at least early they will struggle again this season.

Suppose to see Seymour at a scrimmage next Friday in Salem. Should be able to get a gauge on them.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Floyd wins the HHC powerlifting competition about every year. Our kids just havent been large weight around here. They did just hire a S&C coach so I'm interested to see what that does. 

And no offense, but we havent had guys like Harry Crider down here.

Edited by fkfootball

1 hour ago, fkfootball said:

Floyd wins the HHC powerlifting competition about every year. Our kids just havent been large weight around here. They did just hire a S&C coach so I'm interested to see what that does. 

And no offense, but we havent had guys like Harry Crider down here.

So it goes to footwork, and technique it sounds like (which is coaching)if Floyd is stronger than East, they shouldn’t get shoved around like they do.. 

Glesing isn’t even the 2nd best coach in the HHC. Great coach, but not even on the same tier as Gaddis. 

This argument drives me crazy. Columbus East doesn’t have super water to create these athletes.  Part of being a great coach is to run a great program in all  aspects and that’s what Gaddis does.  Floyd Central has in the past had several big kids who start playing as Freshmen and aren’t there as Juniors and Seniors.  Several transfer to play elsewhere or quit.  I know what’s coming next is the “well it was too hard for them.”  I’m not here to explain why they lose several every year but it’s not that simple.  In my opinion if Gaddis has the same talent as the other team right now he’s still up 2 touchdowns on anyone in the HHC.  It’s disrespectful and wrong to just say he wins every year because of better talent.  That’s on the other schools.  Figure it out and find a way to be competitive.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2