Sign in to follow this  
EasyEJay

Hunter Johnson leaving Clemson

Per Kyle Neddenriep not surprising Trevor Lawrence is the real deal, where will Mr. Johnson land? 

Indiana University. 

Tom Allen - go get him!!!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Indiana University. 

Tom Allen - go get him!!!!

Gotta believe both IU and Purdue have a shot...... but IU does have a little more youth at the position wonder if that could play a role? Players do tend to transfer a little closer to home 

Perhaps Allen can figure out a way to get both Reece Taylor and Hunter Johnson on the field at the same time.  

The most recent article that I read highlighted Northwestern and Purdue...with a little extra learn towards Northwestern due to his brother recently playing there.  

I doubt Purdue goes after his transfer, Brohm is in LOVE with incoming freshman Plummer  

IU makes more sense if he is going to come back home to Indiana.   Northwestern as well, no doubt.   

Be interesting to see if Brownsburg WR Kirtz and Johnson reunite at the same school, Maybe IU?? 

42 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I doubt Purdue goes after his transfer, Brohm is in LOVE with incoming freshman Plummer  

IU makes more sense if he is going to come back home to Indiana.   Northwestern as well, no doubt.   

Be interesting to see if Brownsburg WR Kirtz and Johnson reunite at the same school, Maybe IU?? 

I watched a bit of the PU spring game, which was a hoot (Vinny-Vinny-Vinny)......remember hearing Plummer.  

Isn't he related to Jake the Snake somehow?

He is not, though he did come from the state of Arizona 

HOWEVER, if 5 star #2 Pocket Passer in the nation just a year ago wants to come to Purdue, whom am I to say NO   :17_v:

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

HOWEVER, if 5 star #2 Pocket Passer in the nation just a year ago wants to come to Purdue, whom am I to say NO   :17_v:

Thats a real testament to the recruiting prowess and personal magnetism of Jeff Brohm.

Not sure how many guys are fighting to get that close to Tom Allen.:02_v:

• Upvote 1

most of the buzz around the internets and behind purdue paid rivals board is that its Northwestern vs Purdue 

• Upvote 1

If Johnson ends up at Purdue, I have to believe the Plummer will transfer then for the same reasons that Johnson left Clemson. 

3 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

If Johnson ends up at Purdue, I have to believe the Plummer will transfer then for the same reasons that Johnson left Clemson. 

Potentially. It's definitely a good problem for a program to have. You just never know though; I remember when people thought Grossman was wasting his time at Florida because they were getting Brock Berlin and he was one supposedly one of the best QB's the South ever produced. Maybe Johnson pulls a "Gunner" and never performs up to the hype.

He visited Purdue first:  Thats a good sign   Awesome if we snag him, but I am comfortable down the road with guys we have already

23 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

He visited Purdue first:  Thats a good sign   Awesome if we snag him, but I am comfortable down the road with guys we have already

Jack Plummer really impressed me in the spring game with the throws he made and with his accuracy. If Johnson doesn't commit to Purdue, I feel that the future at the QB position for Purdue is very bright. I feel confident that Brohm can snag us a top QB prospect in the future regardless.

Northwestern is a good choice for Johnson, wide open QB situation in 2019 and that Lake Side athletic complex is really nice!!