Jump to content
Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
radiodavel

Alabama Private School Sues State Association Over Competitive Balance Plan

Recommended Posts

So in essence the Alabama plan is two different plans.

 

1 is a multiplier plan for all privates, and 

2 has a success factor in addition to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this plan. It cuts to the root core of the competitive balance issue. Not like the politically correct Indiana version of the plan. Kudos to the Alabama State High school athletic Association. They are clearly ready and willing to take on the PP legal horde that is sure to attack

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No PC in the Indiana plan.  It's not a plan focused on private schools, just competitive balance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's your opinion

I disagree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can disagree all you want, but I'm one of the architects of the plan, so I'm kinda speaking from a place of knowledge here. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coach_G said:

You can disagree all you want, but I'm one of the architects of the plan, so I'm kinda speaking from a place of knowledge here. 

If you were involved, then you and your partners instituted a *Deleted*ized version of the original intent. 

Th original 1.5 PP Multiplier was the true corrective action that should have been implemented. The Success Factor is a watered down version that was created to avoid potential legal entanglement with the private schools. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

If you were involved, then you and your partners instituted a *Deleted*ized version of the original intent. 

Th original 1.5 PP Multiplier was the true corrective action that should have been implemented. The Success Factor is a watered down version that was created to avoid potential legal entanglement with the private schools. 

 

Again that was not the intent.  My motivation and others was to end the potential for a 1.5 multiplier.  I was strongly against any plan that targeted certain types of schools.   A class system is designed to put like schools together.  That is exactly what our plan does (in an improved manner than before).  New Pal and Cathedral were treated exactly the same in this plan.  Didn't matter who their players were, where they came from, how much they paid, etc.  I and many others are quite proud of this forward thinking, proactive plan.  The drama has died without targeting a group.  I know the reduced drama has decreased the attention your posts have received, so I understand your desire to try to find a way to stoke that fire when you get a chance.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coach_G said:

   A class system is designed to put like schools together.  That is exactly what our plan does (in an improved manner than before).  

But that class system is still 99% based on enrollment, which is a horrible was to classify athletic programs.   The success of p/p schools over the decades has shown that. 

Promotion and relegation is the common sense way to implement a class based system for high school athletics.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coach_G said:

Again that was not the intent.  My motivation and others was to end the potential for a 1.5 multiplier.  I was strongly against any plan that targeted certain types of schools.   A class system is designed to put like schools together.  That is exactly what our plan does (in an improved manner than before).  New Pal and Cathedral were treated exactly the same in this plan.  Didn't matter who their players were, where they came from, how much they paid, etc.  I and many others are quite proud of this forward thinking, proactive plan.  The drama has died without targeting a group.  I know the reduced drama has decreased the attention your posts have received, so I understand your desire to try to find a way to stoke that fire when you get a chance.  

Yes, you instituted a plan aimed at correcting competitive imbalance. It just wasn't the right plan. It was the politically expedient one

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

Yes, you instituted a plan aimed at correcting competitive imbalance. It just wasn't the right plan. It was the politically expedient one

  4 hours ago, Coach_G said:

Again that was not the intent.  My motivation and others was to end the potential for a 1.5 multiplier.  I was strongly against any plan that targeted certain types of schools.   A class system is designed to put like schools together.  That is exactly what our plan does (in an improved manner than before).  New Pal and Cathedral were treated exactly the same in this plan.  Didn't matter who their players were, where they came from, how much they paid, etc.  I and many others are quite proud of this forward thinking, proactive plan.  The drama has died without targeting a group.  I know the reduced drama has decreased the attention your posts have received, so I understand your desire to try to find a way to stoke that fire when you get a chance.  

 

 

Really?  New Pal and Cathedral are to be treated exactly the same?  I wonder what the average annual income is in the Cathedral household vs that of the New Pal household.  

 

1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DrivenT said:
  4 hours ago, Coach_G said:

Again that was not the intent.  My motivation and others was to end the potential for a 1.5 multiplier.  I was strongly against any plan that targeted certain types of schools.   A class system is designed to put like schools together.  That is exactly what our plan does (in an improved manner than before).  New Pal and Cathedral were treated exactly the same in this plan.  Didn't matter who their players were, where they came from, how much they paid, etc.  I and many others are quite proud of this forward thinking, proactive plan.  The drama has died without targeting a group.  I know the reduced drama has decreased the attention your posts have received, so I understand your desire to try to find a way to stoke that fire when you get a chance.  

 

 

Really?  New Pal and Cathedral are to be treated exactly the same?  I wonder what the average annual income is in the Cathedral household vs that of the New Pal household.  

 

 

Monrovia was treated the same as both those school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 10:42 PM, radiodavel said:

Alabama Private School Sues State Association Over Competitive Balance Plan

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2018/05/24/alabama-private-school-sues-state-association-over-competitive-balance-plan

lawsuit was filed in Federal court, if the school wins it could change the landscape of other state plans in the future

 

 

conversely, if the school loses it also could change the landscape of other states plans... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The comment I hear the most around the state regarding our "success factor" is:  It "kinda" helps.  Everyone knows that enrollment alone is apples to oranges p/p vs public.  A p/p 3A school with better than average football tradition puts about the same amount of quality athletes on the field as a public 5A school with better than average football tradition here in Indiana.  Thanks to those that worked on the success factor, even the guy from Brebeuf. But honestly as long as enrollment alone is the key comparison, we will always have an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 1:54 PM, DrivenT said:
 

Really?  New Pal and Cathedral are to be treated exactly the same?  I wonder what the average annual income is in the Cathedral household vs that of the New Pal household.  

 

 

A coach worth his salt finds a way to win, no matter the demographic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×