Sign in to follow this  
bobref

Jason Grunewald new HFC at Munster

4 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Conference realignment is all about leverage.  Who has it, and who doesnt.  The best, strongest schools in each conference are always looking out for their own self interests, as they should be.

Given that, I do not expect the North Central Conference to remain in its current format for too long.  The Lafayette area is growing and might soon be able to support its own local conference, with a few key invited outlyers.  

If the Lafayette schools (Renssy, Harrison, Jeff, McCutcheon, West LF, Central Catholic, ) were to extend an outreach to Lowell and KV, do you think Lowell and KV would show any interest?  

Good in theory, time zone issue though.

25 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

If the Lafayette schools (Renssy, Harrison, Jeff, McCutcheon, West LF, Central Catholic, ) were to extend an outreach to Lowell and KV, do you think Lowell and KV would show any interest?  

No. Different time zones. No local connections. Lowell has played Lake county schools for over 100 years. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, rat man said:

No. Different time zones. No local connections. Lowell has played Lake county schools for over 100 years. 

Times are changing my friend.  You're thinking old school.  

In this day and age, young people have no connection nor interest in history and the past.  New alliances and rivalries are easily forged.  

I think some very interesting, and possibly dramatic, change may be coming.  

Edited by DrivenT
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Times are changing my friend.  You're thinking old school.  

In this day and age, young people have no connection nor interest in history and the past.  New alliances and rivalries are easily forged.  

I think some very interesting, and possibly dramatic, change may be coming.  

No, I'm thinking rationally. AD Patti McCormack is not going to have Lowell leave. Lafayette is 3x as far as Lowell's farthest travel distance to Hobart. The Lowell community also wouldn't go for it. You're not going to send your girls tennis team to play on a Tuesday night against McCutcheon at 4:00 in the afternoon. It's never going to happen. We're not going to be seeing a new Lowell - Jeff rivalry. The 2 communities are nearly 70 miles and a time zone away. Crown Point is next door, the young students don't like each other and history does matter here to people as it's the oldest football rivalry in Indiana dating back to 1903. 

• Haha 1

I would be interested in knowing the travel time comparison on a Friday afternoon at rush hour between the following trips :

Lowell to Hammond Morton or Hobart

Lowell to Lafayette Harrison

I bet you they are much closer than you might think.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

Conference realignment is all about leverage.  Who has it, and who doesnt.  The best, strongest schools in each conference are always looking out for their own self interests, as they should be.

Given that, I do not expect the North Central Conference to remain in its current format for too long.  The Lafayette area is growing and might soon be able to support its own local conference, with a few key invited outlyers.  

No.

Edited by Coach Ellenwood

2 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

No.

Another thoughtful response from our resident Village *Deleted*.  Thanks for your contribution.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

I would be interested in knowing the travel time comparison on a Friday afternoon at rush hour between the following trips :

I bet you they are much closer than you might think.

I would be interested in knowing the travel time comparison on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday afternoon at rush hour between the following trips :

I bet you they are much further than you might think.

FB is only one element.  Aint happening.  And illogical.

Just now, DrivenT said:

Another thoughtful response from our resident Village *Deleted*.  Thanks for your contribution.  

You are welcome tough guy.  You are the person who asked a question w/o asking for detail....here let me help you. 

"If the Lafayette schools (Renssy, Harrison, Jeff, McCutcheon, West LF, Central Catholic, ) were to extend an outreach to Lowell and KV, do you think Lowell and KV would show any interest?"

3 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Anything else?

You make it too easy.

probably a silly question, but how many football players from Valpo came from Boone Grove and Wheeler back in the day?

On 6/1/2018 at 10:38 AM, DrivenT said:

You just have to wonder.  Would you rather put your team on a bus at Lowell High School and fight your way up 65 or 41 to get to northern Lake County during peak Friday traffic?

Or jump on I65 southbound, 5 minutes from campus, and take a leisurely ride down to the Lafayette area, where growth and development are off the charts?

23 hours ago, DrivenT said:

We love our home in the Hoosier:  Even when we have to travel 2 hours down to Sheridan back in the day or now 2 hours to Kokomo area, drives well worth it.    

14 hours ago, bigjay said:

probably a silly question, but how many football players from Valpo came from Boone Grove and Wheeler back in the day?

Throw in CP to that mix:  Lake of 4 Seasons feeds into CP and Boone Grove as well.   I know of a few Winfield elementary and Jerry Ross kids who jumped to Boone Grove instead of Crown Point.   I would consider it too because it is quite a haul from Winfield/LOFS to CPHS when you can get to Boone quicker.   

19 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

@DrivenT any response?  Nothing?  

Then to quote the Rock, “Know your role and shut your mouth.”  :17_v:

I don't respond to imbeciles. 

24 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

We love our home in the Hoosier:  Even when we have to travel 2 hours down to Sheridan back in the day or now 2 hours to Kokomo area, drives well worth it.    

Throw in CP to that mix:  Lake of 4 Seasons feeds into CP and Boone Grove as well.   I know of a few Winfield elementary and Jerry Ross kids who jumped to Boone Grove instead of Crown Point.   I would consider it too because it is quite a haul from Winfield/LOFS to CPHS when you can get to Boone quicker.   

My brother had a very nice home in Winfield just off 109th, and as his kids approached high school, they made the decision to move to Crown Point so the kids could go to CPHS. The results have been a mixed bag. The girls have excelled in sports, while the boys' careers were cut short due to competitive-athletic-numbers issues. There were times when he lamented not sending them to Wheeler.   Overall, I believe they are all happy with the choice and the outcomes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, DrivenT said:

My brother had a very nice home in Winfield just off 109th, and as his kids approached high school, they made the decision to move to Crown Point so the kids could go to CPHS. The results have been a mixed bag. The girls have excelled in sports, while the boys' careers were cut short due to competitive-athletic-numbers issues. There were times when he lamented not sending them to Wheeler.   Overall, I believe they are all happy with the choice and the outcomes. 

Stay classy. Again. Making it too easy. You are proving many people’s points about your clickbait. 

So BC I answered your SIMPLE yes/no question w a simple no, I’m the village *Deleted*. Then I give you answers in depth near the exact same time you spew your insults, you won’t respond. So I asked you twice and then you spew another insult. 

Wow. Stay classy their pal. 

Seen this dog and pony show before. Get your undies in a bunch and spew garbage BC you are wrong. It’s ok man. Have a cold ☝️. Go for a samsquanch hunt w Muda to bring peace to your mind in the beautiful nature of Indiana. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, DrivenT said:

???

On 6/2/2018 at 11:39 AM, DrivenT said:

I am thrilled to be raising my daughter in this community and whether or not she makes any varsity teams is very low on the reasons why.   Though for the folks out where you speak of, the linguistics of travel from that area to other options at Boone or Wheeler is real. 

I think I just saw an article recently that Wheeler has opened up their borders.  http://www.union.k12.in.us/Default.asp?PN='News2'&SubP='DNewsStory'&gn=0&DivisionID=0&DepartmentID=0&SubDepartmentID=0&NewsID=92330&ShowNav=&StoryGroup=Current

Speaking of an administration going hard for a title, just heard that MC hired another former head coach to add to Mason's staff and that they may have more transfers like they did last year to help them make a deep run. The coach's name is similar to the person the Super Bowl trophy is named after I heard?

Posted (edited)

Kankakee Valley's two feeder communities, DeMotte and Wheatfield, have a heavy commuter base for tradesmen up in Lake County. While I can certainly appreciate the contrarian in you picking up steam DT, that's a long drive for those of us nestled just south of the river down to Lafayette area, but much more feasible if the time difference wasn't such an issue.

It's a solid hour for me to get to Lafayette and I opt for the 231 to 65 route through Rensselaer because it's the same amount of travel time. And I live 5 minutes south of KVHS and don't have to take another turn out of my driveway until I hit 65, just takes me ten minutes. As a part of this community I would rather watch the growth of Wheeler, Boone, and Hanover, and then let Griffith rejoin and make it 10. Maybe make some divisions to allow for non conference to keep region rivalries alive. 

Edited by silvertone1696
  • Upvote 1

On 6/4/2018 at 2:48 PM, DACNUT said:

Speaking of an administration going hard for a title, just heard that MC hired another former head coach to add to Mason's staff and that they may have more transfers like they did last year to help them make a deep run. The coach's name is similar to the person the Super Bowl trophy is named after I heard?

Huh?

Cant confirm 100 percent, but I know that more parents are interested in playing for a team that can make a deep run in the playoffs in NWI, since no other DAC schools are trying to do so. From what I heard from area coaches, they had a great looking group of skill and down lineman at their combine last month. 

2 hours ago, DACNUT said:

Cant confirm 100 percent, but I know that more parents are interested in playing for a team that can make a deep run in the playoffs in NWI, since no other DAC schools are trying to do so. From what I heard from area coaches, they had a great looking group of skill and down lineman at their combine last month. 

Wow, that says it all.

6A DAC schools have thrown in the towel.  If I were Penn, I would look elsewhere for non con competition.

PENN
KINGSMEN
Coach: Cory Yeoman, 166-32 in 16th year at school
DATE OPPONENT EASTERN TIME OA 0.0, DA 0.0

Aug. 17   Valparaiso 6A 7:30 pm    
Aug. 24 at Merrillville 6A 7:30 pm    
Aug. 31   Birmingham Rice (Mich.) 7:00 pm    
Sep. 7 at Orchard Lake St. Mary's (Mich.) 7:00 pm    
Sep. 14 at South Bend Adams 5A© 7:00 pm    
Sep. 21   South Bend St. Joseph 4A© 7:00 pm    
Sep. 28   New Prairie 4A© 7:00 pm    
Oct. 5 at Elkhart Central 5A© 7:00 pm    
Oct. 12   Mishawaka 4A© 7:00 pm

3 hours ago, DACNUT said:

So what Coach is it?  Sounds like Lombardi?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DACNUT said:

Well this is basically an accusation that Michigan City is actively attempting to recruit players from other schools to transfer.... interesting...

1) I don't buy the implication that no other DAC teams are trying to make a deep run in the playoffs.  That's just a terrible take.

2) I also don't agree that parents in the area are scrambling to get their kids to Michigan City because they are the only ones trying.  

The combine last week was an opportunity for kids to get seen by small colleges.  It's not a recruiting fest for Michigan City.  If it was I can guarantee you that they would have a real tough time getting other coaches to support sending their players there (like many do).

Obviously, Michigan City is not my favorite DAC team... that's what rivalries are all about, but I also appreciate the turn around they have had there the past couple years.  The truth is that a lot of us in the area knew there was a great chance for these past few classes of MC players to be special.  They have been special for years before they even got to high school.  

Edited by slicer28

1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

Wow, that says it all.

6A DAC schools have thrown in the towel.  If I were Penn, I would look elsewhere for non con competition.

Newsflash, DT thinks the DAC stinks!!!!

As "down" as the DAC is, the DAC opponents Penn played were the 3 most competitive games they played last season.  

Thank God for Michigan City and Phil Mason. At least we can count on this program to make an effort towards winning something meaningful

We are down to a handful of programs in Northwest Indiana where a strong football culture is still evident.