Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bobref

Jason Grunewald new HFC at Munster

Has MC won the Duneland yet? I appreciate their turnaround as well, and certainly they benefit from being in 5a.  BTW, Valpo beat Penn last year, and had a competitive game in the playoff, notwithstanding the coaching issue at the end of the year.  Laporte will always be a challenge for anyone with the offense they run.  You talk like all the duneland is bowing at the feet of MC, yet they have not won the conference?  Get a grip DT  

i think your bashing of the Dac has some merit when it comes to Merriville and lC.  It seems likes MC has clearly passed both teams  Whether that is permanent we will have to see.  Mville fall and LC fall will be interesting whether they can get back to the top of the DAC.  It also seems to me to be sort of an unfair comparison to compare the 6a to 5a teams and how they will do in the state tournament.  We all agree that the 5A is better for teams, they don't have to go through Penn a perennial state power  that doesn't mean mean the 6a teams are not even trying anymore..  Jeez, a couple of years ago Laporte won maybe 2 or 3 games in the Duneland and got the state finals in 5a.  That should tell you something about the difference in competition.  

19 hours ago, rafterman said:

i think your bashing of the Dac has some merit when it comes to Merriville and lC.  It seems likes MC has clearly passed both teams  Whether that is permanent we will have to see.  Mville fall and LC fall will be interesting whether they can get back to the top of the DAC.  It also seems to me to be sort of an unfair comparison to compare the 6a to 5a teams and how they will do in the state tournament.  We all agree that the 5A is better for teams, they don't have to go through Penn a perennial state power  that doesn't mean mean the 6a teams are not even trying anymore..  Jeez, a couple of years ago Laporte won maybe 2 or 3 games in the Duneland and got the state finals in 5a.  That should tell you something about the difference in competition.  

You're simply not looking at the big picture.

Take a snapshot of Merrillville and Lake Central, and Crown Point as well, ten years ago and compare to where they are today.

All 3 schools regularly sent kids to the Indiana North - South All Star Game and had D1 recruits on an annual basis.  That is no longer the case, by a long shot

The coaching staffs are nowhere near as deep and talented as they used to be.  Numbers across the board are down.  Attendance and community involvement are in steep decline.  None of these schools are mentioned as 6A post season contenders.  All used to be in the conversation.

When people down state think of The DAC, they think of Valpo, Merrillville, Lake Central and Crown Point.  The "big" schools.  Only Valpo remains in the conversation, and barely.  

Laporte and MC own the DAC narrative, and good for them.  They have the two best staffs and are the two hardest working programs in the conference.  They are being rewarded for their efforts.  The others are being punished for their negligence and apathy.  

Slicer 28,

I wasn't implying or trying to, that MC is recruiting. All I'm saying is that there are parents who see a team doing good things, and may want to send their kids their, regardless of if coaches and players are telling them to come. There is a RB on MC's team with ties to a few DAC schools whose parent did this. People said the combine displayed their talent, not that they were recruiting other teams players. 

In terms of parents scrambling, look at their qb this fall and reevaluate that comment.