Sign in to follow this  
DrivenT

Chatard - Where D1 Linemen are created

Zack Martin - Notre Dame - Dallas Cowboys

Nick Martin - Notre Dame - Houston Texans

Ryan Baker - Purdue - Miami Dolphins

Matt McCann - Purdue

Adam Solomon - Illinois

Danny Godlevske - Miami  OH (Rimington Watch List /2018)

Jimmy Scheidler - Bowling Green

Will Kellison - Miami OH

How impressive is that?

I used to live near Broad Ripple and enjoyed catching Chatard games during the Nick Martin era.  Nasty, bruising, brutal.  Thats how I would describe his approach, style and demeanor.

Certainly there must be others.  Please add to the list.

• Upvote 3

Those lineman were not fun to deal with at SJC TEAM CAMPS back in the day.   Nasty indeed.  Loved every minute of it.  

Mike McNelis- Class of '04- Did not go to a big time school (played at Depauw) but was the nastiest one I ever played against.  That Chatard '03 team was nasty.  We were 4A state champs that year.....and Chatard beat us 28-0...frankly, it could've been worse.

• Upvote 1

You can even go WAY back....Cap Boso, class of 82, TE, played at the University of Illinois and was drafted by the Bears.

• Like 1

To rebel03's point, Roncalli had 48 yards of offense.  26 of those yards came on a counter play where the intended rusher was tackled before he received the ball.  The QB was forced to tuck it and scramble down the field.  When you consider the play should have been a loss of 8, our offensive total should have been roughly 14 yards.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Some think (people I PAY attention to....since I am a "maroon") that the '03 team was the the greatest team ever at Chatard and could have competed at any level in Indiana HS football.

I had the privilege of coaching a couple of future NFL players from 3rd grade to 6th grade at St. Matt's from '01-04 there.  Thankfully, they were not influenced by anything I ever had to say. There were like 4-5 Top 50 Indiana HS Football kids (All Classes)during that period as well....most being linemen - most going to Chatard during that period.  A ton of All-State players in 3A (Chatard) and 4A (Cathedral) as well.  One or two in that mix were HS All-Americans in other sports as well.

Talented group.  

Ironically....they never won City.

Coach N - those Chatard kids were competing EVERY year at St. Joe camp to secure starting jobs which they generally would hold season long.  It was pretty brutal internally...and probably pretty difficult for any team playing against them at camp.  Pads or not, those kids were generally going all out at St. Joe...there was a potential State Champion starting job (and maybe an All-State designation) every play at St. Joe for most all of those kids at stake.  

St. Joe was some pretty SERIOUS business for those kids.

BTW, Kellison was also "2018 City Athlete of the Year (Indianapolis)" as I understand it. 

Also, another kid that slipped under this  radar screen was Eric Deitchman.  2011 City Athlete of the Year and one awfully mean lineman (Top 50 All Classes 2010).  

Edited by Lysander