Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×

11 minutes ago, Titan44 said:

You always seem to know a lot about those Evans boys!

Maybe Memorial is trying to recruit them. :13_v::13_v:What do you think @tango ? 

7 minutes ago, tango said:

I don't remember hearing any doubts whatsoever in the Scheller to Sellers to Sellers transitions.  This looks to be the first time in the Coach Hart era when there is even a sniff of a QB "?" at GS and I don't mean in terms of talent, just who will be the guy.  

Actually there was a pretty good QB battle between Nick Sellers and Chandler McKee when Nick was a sophomore and Chandler was a freshman. But back then nobody cared outside GS...lol 

LOL.  There is absolutely no chance in Hades.... 

• Upvote 1

Don't get Tango started on the recruiting thing...lol.  I've discussed Memorial's recruiting in the past with him.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tango said:

LOL.  There is absolutely no chance in Hades.... 

So is it going to be RB by committee or a summer competition for starting guy? 

Just now, Titan20 said:

Don't get Tango started on the recruiting thing...lol.  I've discussed Memorial's recruiting in the past with him.  

I know. That is why I tagged him. :07_v:

RB will not be named until August 17th. 

1 minute ago, WhoDat said:

Thought you were a Princeton guy?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, WhoDat said:

I've heard Dline and Oline are the concerns for Memorial this year.

And maybe replacing a FB..lol.:02_v:

Edited by Titan20

Memorial’s OL got a lot of credit last year, and deservedly so. They were very, very good. But IMO one of the keys to that OL was having Ervin in the backfield. His ability to pick up blocks was huge for them last year.  Whoever gets that backfield job has some big shoes to fill.

• Upvote 1

OL will be really good. Return 3 outstanding OL kids which includes both dominate tackles.  DLine has to replace 3 and return the best DE in the SIAC. 8 starters return on D. WRs should be the best 4 Memorial has ever had on the field together at one time. QB will be just fine.

Leadership is only concern and that’s a big one. All sports at Memorial lost some outstanding student athletes. You don’t win all those state championships without outstanding leadership. 

Recruiting the Evans kids fell through when Memorial didn’t have a job offer for Mr. Evans. I might have to catch the Gibson county rivalry game live. Evans kids are at a different level when they have the ball and I don’t care if you have 7th graders blocking for those boys. 

5 minutes ago, WhoDat said:

OL will be really good. Return 3 outstanding OL kids which includes both dominate tackles.  DLine has to replace 3 and return the best DE in the SIAC. 8 starters return on D. WRs should be the best 4 Memorial has ever had on the field together at one time. QB will be just fine.

Leadership is only concern and that’s a big one. All sports at Memorial lost some outstanding student athletes. You don’t win all those state championships without outstanding leadership. 

Recruiting the Evans kids fell through when Memorial didn’t have a job offer for Mr. Evans. I might have to catch the Gibson county rivalry game live. Evans kids are at a different level when they have the ball and I don’t care if you have 7th graders blocking for those boys. 

That game hasn't been a rivalry game since 1997.  GS leads the series 32-15 since 1974. (opening of GS).  Huge waste of a non-conference game IMO.

There you go again with that Evans talk.  :04_v:

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, WhoDat said:

I'll bet you the Evans' boys don't play a down for Princeton next year.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

I'll bet you the Evans' boys don't play a down for Princeton next year.

That's a shame. I bet they would of looked really good in those candy striped pants. :13_v:

• Upvote 1

You could be right about not playing a down. I’m hearing Princeton has same philosophy as Central on discipline though. Turn their head and pretend like bad behavior never happened. Central did that family a huge disservice by allowing the dad to do as he pleases and by allowing the kids to act however they want. It finally caught up to them in the biggest game Central has played in for years. 

1 minute ago, WhoDat said:

You could be right about not playing a down. I’m hearing Princeton has same philosophy as Central on discipline though. Turn their head and pretend like bad behavior never happened. Central did that family a huge disservice by allowing the dad to do as he pleases and by allowing the kids to act however they want. It finally caught up to them in the biggest game Central has played in for years. 

Naw....Princeton??  Lol.  They did for the 2008-2009 basketball state champs.  A couple of them are actually serving time right now.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Titan44 said:

So is it going to be RB by committee or a summer competition for starting guy? 

More of committee is my guess...

48 minutes ago, TitanPride said:

Memorial’s OL got a lot of credit last year, and deservedly so. They were very, very good. But IMO one of the keys to that OL was having Ervin in the backfield. His ability to pick up blocks was huge for them last year.  Whoever gets that backfield job has some big shoes to fill.

I agree.  Ervin was selfless..

• Upvote 2

Heritage hills should be loaded at the skills positions  but must get stronger up front if they wish to contend with GS and SR. We had 6 Seniors last season and 3 were lineman and a 4th lineman Buse transferred to Tecumseh so the one area we need to make the biggest stride will be where we have the least experience.

Return most of the skilled players but 2 of the ones we lose are Keller who was top DB-WR-KR and PR  and Yeager who was our top LB and RB.

Hoping the schools new conditioning coach who had been at the school around a year now will make a difference said we had over 100 kids at the first day of summer strength training but that's all sports male and female so have no clue percentage of football players.

Most of l the PAC school should have a new QB as heritage Hills and Tell City were the only 2 that started a under classmen in 2017.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, dave mosbey said:

Most of l the PAC school should have a new QB as heritage Hills and Tell City were the only 2 that started a under classmen in 2017.

South Spencer had a freshman that played against us last year. I think his name was Bartlett. 

Edited by TitanPride
messed up

Didn't Manning Webb go out early against you with injury??  Might have been week before..

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, Titan44 said:

On the GS question.  My understanding is that 3 players are getting equal reps at QB (Fr, Jr, Sr).  I have heard all three bring things to the table and are cable of providing a similar level of play we have had at the position for the last couple seasons.  Guessing they will work that out sometime this summer.  Word on the street is this "could" be the best defense GS has produced since 2015 if it all comes together.  This GS team will go as far as the new faces on the O-line take it.

I might be a little prejudice with last couple year teams but how do you figure that the defense with be better?  We lost the starting DLine that was as good as Coach Hart has had, MLB that led the team in tackles the last 2 years and CB that was all state as a junior. I guess that I haven't been on the same street.  I do think that they will be good especially if kids go both ways but not the best since 2015. 

5 hours ago, Titan35 said:

I do think that they will be good especially if kids go both ways but not the best since 2015. 

Will coach Hart continue to play two separate groups on O and D or try to keep best athletes on the field? I like the idea of trying to limit both way reps early in the season to develop depth, but by about week 6 I like seeing the horses go both ways. From an outsider looking in, the two separate units have hurt GS vs Memorial in the sectionals. IMO. 

6 hours ago, WhoDat said:

From an outsider looking in, the two separate units have hurt GS vs Memorial in the sectionals. IMO. 

I can see both sides of that argument so I wont disagree because I do think it hurt us last year. Hart is 3-2 against Memorial in the sectional. IMO we would not of won two of those three games if we had kids playing both ways. 

13 minutes ago, TitanPride said:

I can see both sides of that argument so I wont disagree because I do think it hurt us last year. Hart is 3-2 against Memorial in the sectional. IMO we would not of won two of those three games if we had kids playing both ways. 

I agree. The 2 platoon discussion seems like a pot/kettle comparison. To me it seems both teams do pretty much the same thing. 

I didn’t see where two platoons hurt GS last year, but that was just from seeing one game. And Memorial only played one player both ways - Combs- and we pretty much can agree he needed to be on the field. Griffin Scheller was used the same way a few years ago. 

Both teams used defensive guys at FB and extra blockers during short yardage and goal line situations. 

The biggest issue wasn’t the system; it was the GS schedule - and we have had that discussion before. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Titan35 said:

I might be a little prejudice with last couple year teams but how do you figure that the defense with be better?  We lost the starting DLine that was as good as Coach Hart has had, MLB that led the team in tackles the last 2 years and CB that was all state as a junior. I guess that I haven't been on the same street.  I do think that they will be good especially if kids go both ways but not the best since 2015. 

The MLB is a HUGE loss, we can agree on that much.

The GS fans have quickly turned this into the GS thread.  Tell us more about the Big 8 and SIAC!

I am hearing Central has a bunch of new "city speed" no one is ready for??

Edited by Titan44