Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×

How did the Freshman QB from GS look at this camp. Heard he has a huge upside.

Haven't heard how good he looked at the camp.  But heard he played well at the 7on7 at Center Grove.  I think he has the ability to be one of the best GS has had.  Week 4 vs. Henderson County could be the first time he faces adversity on a Friday night.  I'm really looking forward to that one.  He definitely has the size and arm strength.  But I'm not sure starting as a freshmen shows how good he is now or is out of necessity of best available.

13 hours ago, reitzfan98 said:

I have GS bias, so it might be better to hear from one of the other teams there.  But, he looked as good as any of the other QBs there IMO, that is an upside for a freshman.

17 hours ago, reitzfan98 said:

Kid is going to be outstanding in 2 sports! 

Posted (edited)

How has Heritage Hills be looking in Camps, 7 on 7s, 11 on 11 etc?

I am also curious about Evansville Central and Jasper.

Edited by Titan44

4 hours ago, Titan44 said:

How has Heritage Hills be looking in Camps, 7 on 7s, 11 on 11 etc?

I am also curious about Evansville Central and Jasper.

I haven't heard anything about Heritage Hills this off season .  Where are my fellow Patriot fans ?? Anyone have a scoop about how they have looked and numbers at workouts??

This will be Jasper's biggest Senior Class in a while.  There are a lot of three year starters this year.  It will be Jasper's largest offensive line in quite a while and 4 three-year starters among that offensive line.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, JasperWildcats87 said:

This will be Jasper's biggest Senior Class in a while.  There are a lot of three year starters this year.  It will be Jasper's largest offensive line in quite a while and 4 three-year starters among that offensive line.

Week 1 could be the game of week in SW Indiana. Memorial could get a wake up call immediately.  

3 hours ago, WhoDat said:

Week 1 could be the game of week in SW Indiana. Memorial could get a wake up call immediately.  

Where is that game being played at 

1 hour ago, greyhound3175 said:

Where is that game being played at 

Enlow

The SR and JR classes both have good numbers for Jasper with experience in the trenches.  However, Jasper has huge question marks at the skill positions as the playmakers from a year ago all graduated except for one WR.  From afar it should be a high floor year with the skill positions dictating how high the ceiling is.

29 minutes ago, Alduflux said:

The SR and JR classes both have good numbers for Jasper with experience in the trenches.  However, Jasper has huge question marks at the skill positions as the playmakers from a year ago all graduated except for one WR.  From afar it should be a high floor year with the skill positions dictating how high the ceiling is.

What about on defense? How will Jasper matchup on the outside with Memorial’s WRs? Memorial returns possibly the best group of WRs they’ve had in years. Combs, Turnbaugh, Lively, Pence, and Hurley will make for a nice group. 

• Upvote 1

I wonder how they measure all those factors for a player who has never played a HS game?  I also wonder how close QB Lindauer measures up....

55 minutes ago, tango said:

I wonder how they measure all those factors for a player who has never played a HS game?  I also wonder how close QB Lindauer measures up....

Brady Allen is a great basketball player also ! I coached aganist him this past year ! But that Michael Lindauer kid I hear is pretty good 

He looks good for an incoming freshman. Depending on his competition and how he improved this offseason, I probably wouldn’t give him the nod though. But that’s just on that short video I watched. Didn’t overly impress me. HS is a whole different ballgame than grade school. He looks like he could be a very talented QB in the next few years.

I’m assuming they got his grades from a camp? Curious to see negatives and not just positives.

And to end I’ll add that I loved to hear the one cameraman say “that’s really good” on every throw lol.

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2018 at 12:27 PM, Alduflux said:

On 7/7/2018 at 12:22 PM, JasperWildcats87 said:

Jasper always seems to be at their best when they're good up front. I suspect there will be hell to pay come week 5 for my boys in green. Hope I'm wrong. I need to make the trip to Alumni Stadium to see the new playing surface...haven't been in a few years. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2018 at 10:21 PM, tango said:

Go to the link provided. Then click on the Rankings tab. Then search Indiana. Lindauer is listed.  https://qbhitlist.com/user-profile/?userid=1206

Edited by SR1

Can’t be too accurate. Central’s QB isn’t even on it. Should be 1 or 2 🤭

On 7/4/2018 at 2:57 PM, WhoDat said:

The Moore kid at QB had a nice junior season but I also like the LH. I’m not sure what the return. 

The LH QB is a JR Nathan Harpenau, he started the MD game last year as a Soph.  Not sure if Moore is playing this year?   They return most all their OL, 3-4 of them started as Sophs.  Noah Taylor is back at RB after missing the regular season last year & having a good Soph year the year before.   Biggest question for Castle this year will be on defense IMO.  If the OL plays well with Taylor & Harpenau can keep developing, offense should be ok.   No question Memorial & Central are the favorites.

26 minutes ago, KnightsQB said:

Not sure if Moore is playing this year? 

WOW!! I thought the kid played pretty good considering the shoes he was trying to fill. 

Southridge for the first time won the 7 on 7 in jasper without Montgomery and a couple of other guys. It's just 7 on 7 but still an early accomplishment to put on the board.