Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Staxawax

Hunter Johnson to transfer

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

To each their own I guess.  

Some of these Spring ball states get 10 total practices and 1 scrimmage and then nothing in the summer months like that leading into August,  

We have already had 6 practices, some in Pro Pads, others on air.   By the end of the summer we will have had 6 controlled competition days as we were invited to IFOA clinic to go 11/11 Thud session with Sheridan which is an exempt day from IHSAA.   

We meet 3 days a week 12 total pro padded sessions and unlimited non pad work from End of May thru End of July.    

Take that vs 10 total days in April with a scrimmage .........   with athletes having to choose between TF and Baseball or 2 weeks or 10 days of "Spring Ball" 

Like I said I was told they would trade that for what I just described above in a heart beat.  

Are you saying that spring football states have "no" organized summer programs?  I find that hard to believe.  

Texas kids have zero authorized or approved sessions between spring ball and August camp openers?  

I don't believe that.  I'm sure those kids are just as busy, or much more, than Indiana kids, during the summer months.  

On 6/16/2018 at 6:54 PM, DrivenT said:

The state's flagship university is one of the all time worst performing Division 1 football schools in the history of college football.  This reality certainly does nothing to help promote participation in the game at the lower levels.

Yet, according to one of your posts in another thread, Purdue's recent upswing performance is responsible for the increased performance in Lafayette-area programs.  Kind of starting to get whiplash trying to keep up with the directional changes.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, foxbat said:

Yet, according to one of your posts in another thread, Purdue's recent upswing performance is responsible for the increased performance in Lafayette-area programs.  Kind of starting to get whiplash trying to keep up with the directional changes.

You're both whiplashed and confused.  Try to keep up.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 6/16/2018 at 9:24 PM, Coach_G said:

Indiana produces well above it’s fair share of basketball top rated kids. Indiana is in par with NY, CA, and TX. In that regard.  

If you look at states comparable in size to Indiana....Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota...I think Indiana stacks up favorably.   I’d take Indiana’s top 11 vs the top 11 in any of those states.  

Statistically Indiana is average per capita in talent in football.  In basketball it fights well above it’s weight. 

A little grist for the mill:

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2016/09/which_states_produce_the_most.html

In 2016, Indiana ranked 24th, tied with Oklahoma, for high school players in the pros.  Minnesota was ranked 22rd, Maryland was ranked 17th, and Massachusetts was ranked 37th.  

6 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

You're both whiplashed and confused.  Try to keep up.  

From your above post:

Jeff football is in a  better place now, and the success at Purdue has put wind in the football sails of the entire Lafayette metro area.

I am keeping up ... you just seem to have trouble remembering what side of the argument you tend to be on.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, foxbat said:

A little grist for the mill:

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2016/09/which_states_produce_the_most.html

In 2016, Indiana ranked 24th, tied with Oklahoma, for high school players in the pros.  Minnesota was ranked 22rd, Maryland was ranked 17th, and Massachusetts was ranked 37th.  

From your above post:

Jeff football is in a  better place now, and the success at Purdue has put wind in the football sails of the entire Lafayette metro area.

I am keeping up ... you just seem to have trouble remembering what side of the argument you tend to be on.

LOL

I do believe Jeff is in a better place.  They were overmatched in the HCC and the logistics were unfavorable.  Now the worm has turned and they are the big dog on the block.  With regards to Purdue, I cant help but think that their success creates a nice tailwind for the entire community.  That was my point, you just missed it.  Don't take things too literally.  Sometimes you need to read thru the tealeaves.  :13_v:

Edited by DrivenT
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

LOL

I do believe Jeff is in a better place.  They were overmatched in the HCC and the logistics were unfavorable.  Now the worm has turned and they are the big dog on the block.  With regards to Purdue, I cant help but think that their success creates a nice tailwind for the entire community.  That was my point, you just missed it.  Don't take things too literally.  Sometimes you need to read thru the tealeaves.  :13_v:

As you should too, read through the tea leaves. You must be an imbecile too. Lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Are you saying that spring football states have "no" organized summer programs?  I find that hard to believe.  

Texas kids have zero authorized or approved sessions between spring ball and August camp openers?  

I don't believe that.  I'm sure those kids are just as busy, or much more, than Indiana kids, during the summer months.  

It's clear you don't understand how spring football works in "spring football states"

• Upvote 2

Sure they have summer workouts and 7 on 7   but they cannot put any pads on 

The facilities at Northwestern are top notch and no one can argue that it is a much better school.  Not much downside here other than he may realize his chances of playing pro ball are slim

There is a lot of positive buzz coming out of Northwestern football right now.  Chicago radio stations are heavily promoting the tremendous 2018 home schedule and offering nice ticket packages.  Johnson made the right move.  Only misery and losing awaits in Bloomington.  

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME/RESULT DETAILS
8/30/2018 Purdue West Lafayette, Ind. 7 p.m. Details
9/8/2018 Duke Evanston, Ill. 11 a.m. Details
9/15/2018 Akron Evanston, Ill. 6:30 p.m. Details
9/29/2018 Michigan Evanston, Ill. TBD Details
10/6/2018 Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. 11 a.m. Details
10/13/2018 Nebraska (Homecoming) Evanston, Ill. 11 a.m. Details
10/20/2018 Rutgers Piscataway, N.J. 11 a.m. Details
10/27/2018 Wisconsin (Family Weekend) Evanston, Ill. TBD Details
11/3/2018 Notre Dame Evanston, Ill. TBD Details
11/10/2018 Iowa Iowa City, Ia. TBD Details
11/17/2018 Minnesota Minneapolis, Minn. TBD Details
11/24/2018 Illinois Evanston, Ill. TBD Details
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, DrivenT said:

There is a lot of positive buzz coming out of Northwestern football right now.  Chicago radio stations are heavily promoting the tremendous 2018 home schedule and offering nice ticket packages.  Johnson made the right move.  Only misery and losing awaits in Bloomington.  

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME/RESULT DETAILS
8/30/2018 Purdue West Lafayette, Ind. 7 p.m. Details
9/8/2018 Duke Evanston, Ill. 11 a.m. Details
9/15/2018 Akron Evanston, Ill. 6:30 p.m. Details
9/29/2018 Michigan Evanston, Ill. TBD Details
10/6/2018 Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. 11 a.m. Details
10/13/2018 Nebraska (Homecoming) Evanston, Ill. 11 a.m. Details
10/20/2018 Rutgers Piscataway, N.J. 11 a.m. Details
10/27/2018 Wisconsin (Family Weekend) Evanston, Ill. TBD Details
11/3/2018 Notre Dame Evanston, Ill. TBD Details
11/10/2018 Iowa Iowa City, Ia. TBD Details
11/17/2018 Minnesota Minneapolis, Minn. TBD Details
11/24/2018 Illinois Evanston, Ill. TBD Details

That's true. I listen to ESPN Chicago and a little of 670 The Score all day while I work. Northwestern is doing a lot of marketing around their home schedule. Of course, the downside is that with Chicago being a major hub for ND Subway Alums and Big Ten Alums, they should expect to see a lot of Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and ND fans in Ryan Stadium. Not sure Illini fans care at this point.

37 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

That's true. I listen to ESPN Chicago and a little of 670 The Score all day while I work. Northwestern is doing a lot of marketing around their home schedule. Of course, the downside is that with Chicago being a major hub for ND Subway Alums and Big Ten Alums, they should expect to see a lot of Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and ND fans in Ryan Stadium. Not sure Illini fans care at this point.

The NW AD did a helluva job with the 7 game home schedule.  Ryan should be hoppin this season.  I like where they are heading.  

23 hours ago, DrivenT said:

The NW AD did a helluva job with the 7 game home schedule.  Ryan should be hoppin this season.  I like where they are heading.  

Obviously Chicago High Schools and northern suburbs should be thanking Northwestern. Because, with the up turn in football it directly relates to their success like in Tippecanoe County!

• Haha 2

Yeah the Wildcats avoiding Penn State and Ohio State gives them a real shot to win that division and start really building a brand there by mining the talent Purdue, Illinois, and Indiana obviously are struggling to snare.

• Upvote 1