1st_and_10

Jack Kiser Commits to Notre Dame

For size comparisons Jaylon Smith was listed on rivals at 6'3 212. Kiset has a whole preseason, season, winter/spring, and another off season before his first game at ND. Plenty of time to add weight, unless he wrestles then that could be an issue. But I was never a wrestler, so I don't know. Plus they probably don't expect him to be a main contributor day one. Plenty of guys come in and have to start adding weight.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Gipper said:

The HNAC is one thing, FBS (and ND's schedule, etc.) is another. .

:10_v:

well, pioneer did drop Cass as non-conference game and added Clemson 

so SOS should be close to ND

Edited by CharlieTweeder
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Obviously you're not taking this seriously, otherwise you guys would have dropped North White instead of Cass...………….

I hear Jack is reconsidering now that he has found out the competition in the HNAC isn't at FBS levels. 

• Haha 1

Tried to drop NW but Saban wanted the home and away to develop a great rivalry

Berry said Bama not worth it

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, DrivenT said:

Agree Bobref. Kiser has great leadership qualities, and you've got to love his academic profile and high character. On the other hand, this is a Brian Kelly recruit. Kelly has not typically chased after this type of recruit in the past. Will be fun to watch it all play out. 

Is he Catholic?

43 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

I'm waiting for the Panthers to schedule a home-and-home with the U.

On 7/2/2018 at 7:50 AM, FishDuck said:

Having seen the kid in person twice and a couple more times on video I will say he at the very least will be a high level special teams contributor and a great practice/locker room guy for Notre Dame. At the very least! He is the type of guy that successful teams have on their roster and even if he doesn't play a down of meaningful defensive football in his career (which I wouldn't bet on being the case) he will still be successful there and will excel in whatever role he has and as a student.

Out of curiosity, how many 1A level guys have signed scholly's with big time schools like Notre Dame or other power 5 level teams? I know someone mentioned Nick Zachery above, I believe he was a preferred walk-on at IU and didn't play for more than a season or so? Just curious as to how many of these "small school" guys actually get a shot at the big time.

Off hand, in the past 10 years the Anthrop brothers have played at Purdue and their teammate OL Coy Cronk is a starter at IU. LCC had another player who was a walk on LB at Purdue for a season or two. His name escapes me.

you are thinking of Hudson who never played at LCC, his brother just graduated and was a 4 year starter at LCC, but his older brother never played HS ball in Indiana.   Dad was former DC under Hazel. 

If Jack played in MIC (and he would be a starter on every team in the state of Indiana regardless of the name on the front of the Jersey) there would be ZERO discussions of is ND offer and subsequent verbal commitment to play for the Irish.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Is he Catholic?

I'm waiting for the Panthers to schedule a home-and-home with the U.

FWIW - yes, baptized catholic.

15 minutes ago, takkle4 said:

Gotcha.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

you are thinking of Hudson who never played at LCC, his brother just graduated and was a 4 year starter at LCC, but his older brother never played HS ball in Indiana.   Dad was former DC under Hazel. 

If Jack played in MIC (and he would be a starter on every team in the state of Indiana regardless of the name on the front of the Jersey) there would be ZERO discussions of is ND offer and subsequent verbal commitment to play for the Irish.  

I don't know why I am doing this. But I think Andy is referring to Corchoran (Sp?). The MLB from LCC that was at least on spring roster from the 2012 era or so. Where are the LCC faithful on this one.

• Haha 1

Jack Kiser would easily play for any football in the state. He would be their stud player on the team. I have heard that he is a great player, student and young man. Why would you not want a leader on your team like that?

22 hours ago, Coach Durham said:

I don't know why I am doing this. But I think Andy is referring to Corchoran (Sp?). The MLB from LCC that was at least on spring roster from the 2012 era or so. Where are the LCC faithful on this one.

I believe you're right. He was a walk-on for a season if I'm not mistaken.

I was thinking it was either a Corcoran or a Schrader.

Awesome to see Mr. Kiser as the number 9 player in that article surrounded by all that Florida talent. 

Thanks for the link, Takkle ...

I'll copy and past the portion of the article Jack is listed in ....

Use Takkle's post to read the entire story.  Thanks Again, Takkle!

11 other stars recruiting fans should know

The following players caught my eye in the 2019 class.

1. Brendan Gant, S, Lakeland (Fla.) Kathleen: What makes a great defender? Mentally, it is instincts and relentlessness. But physically, it is the ability to “play up” with great size. By that I mean, a linebacker who can play the position while being defensive end size, a corner with safety size, or in the case of Gant, the ability to play safety despite having linebacker size. The 6’2, 190-pound Alabama commitment covered well on Sunday, and he has room to grow. He is still open to taking visits.
  2. John Dunmore, WR, Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna: Dunmore is just so smooth that defensive backs underestimate his speed. He gets in and out of his breaks, he makes tough catches and has excellent body control. Dunmore was open a lot more than he got the ball, too. Florida State is in a good spot with Dunmore, as he visited recently and called the Seminoles his “dream school.”
  3. Tyrique Stevenson, DB, Homestead (Fla.) South Dade: Stevenson is a phenomenal talent. He has the height at 6’0, he’s thick at 190 pounds, and he is so fast twitch. He is raw technique wise as a corner, yet shows good instincts for the position. Stevenson could be a major asset in college, capable of moving all over the field and blitzing as well. Stevenson has been to Miami a bunch of times, and will visit Southern powers this spring. I didn’t get the sense that he is close to making a decision.
  4. Isaiah Washington, WR, Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian: Washington made several tough catches for the eventual champion Rat Pak squad. He is currently rated the No. 120 receiver nationally, and the No. 126 player in Florida, which just goes to show how early it is in the rankings process. The 6’3, 190-pound Washington holds offers from Purdue and Boston College. I expect him to gain more offers and for his recruitment to change.
  5. Te’Cory Couch, CB, Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna: The Tennessee cornerback commitment made play after play during the final stretch on Sunday, helping to keep his team alive. Couch is quick and instinctive. Couch is still taking visits, though he remains committed to Tennessee.
  6. Frank Ladson, WR, Homestead (Fla.) South Dade: Ladson is a skinny 6’4 with an easy top gear who can go up and get the ball with the best of them. He is not the best high school receiver in the country, but he might have the highest receiver ceiling as a prospect because of what he could become once he fills out. Clemson is in a good position with Ladson, though in-state schools like FSU and Miami will try to change that.
  7. Marcus LaFrance, S, Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas: I think the 6’2 LaFrance will eventually make his money playing safety, since he has a lot of room to fill out. Given his length,I was impressed by how well LaFrance covered playing corner on Saturday. LaFrance wants to visit Texas and Louisville. He would like an offer from Auburn and FSU.
  8. Marcus Crowley, ATH, Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian: The Miami commitment is one of the most interesting players in the class. He is listed as a running back, can also play linebacker, but he is so good catching the football, sensing open space, and beating defenders that I’d be tempted to play him at H-Back. Linebackers, even the good ones, can’t cover him. Crowley isn’t huge, nor is he a freak athlete, but he has so many good qualities of a versatile, winning football player.
  9. Jack Kiser, LB, Royal Center (In) Pioneer: Kiser plays QB in high school, but he is a solid 6’2, 200, and moved well at linebacker. He already holds offers from Iowa and Michigan State, and wants to add offers from Notre Dame and Stanford.
  10. Tamauzia Brown, ATH, Newton (Texas): Brown is listed as a cornerback on most of the recruiting sites, Brown looked nice at receiver on Sunday. He is a legit 6’1 with excellent burst and change of direction, and those skills translate at cornerback as well. He already has offers from Arkansas and Baylor, and it won’t surprise me if the bigger schools in Texas, Oklahoma, and the SEC jump in soon. Newton is a town of less than 3,000 people, so it makes sense that Brown’s offers might lag behind his talents a bit.
  11. Jarvis Brownlee Jr., CB, Miami (Fla.) Carol City: Brownlee Jr. is a physical, aggressive cornerback who is picking up steam on the recruiting trail. I think he’s intriguing at corner, where he worked Sunday, but also as a nickel safety since he will probably be 6’0, 190 in college. Toledo and FIU are his best offers to date. I believe Brownlee can play in the upper half of the Power 5.

On 7/3/2018 at 11:13 AM, takkle4 said:

Man, We really missed the boat on this one since LCC pulls from the entire WLFI coverage area. 

And Yes, Ross Corcoran was the other player. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/25/2018 at 2:24 PM, LCCAlum said:

Man, We really missed the boat on this one since LCC pulls from the entire WLFI coverage area. 

And Yes, Ross Corcoran was the other player. 

oh well,  it's not like LCC didn't reached out, there was just no interest joining them when you know you can beat them!  LOL

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, takkle4 said:

oh well,  it's not like LCC didn't reached out, there was just no interest joining them when you know you can beat them!  LOL

3rd son’s the charm.

• Haha 3

anyone who has The Athletic subscription:   Delightful article on Jack Kiser this week.   good Stuff

16 hours ago, LCCAlum said:

3rd son’s the charm.

Nice return volley :02_v:

well played

• Upvote 4

On July 26, 2018 at 6:08 PM, LCCAlum said:

3rd son’s the charm.

That's a new one... I've heard some say change of coach or coaches was the charm.  

On 7/2/2018 at 7:50 AM, FishDuck said:

Out of curiosity, how many 1A level guys have signed scholly's with big time schools like Notre Dame or other power 5 level teams? I know someone mentioned Nick Zachery above, I believe he was a preferred walk-on at IU and didn't play for more than a season or so? Just curious as to how many of these "small school" guys actually get a shot at the big time.

Just to correct this- Zachery was a scholarship player at IU (NOT a preferred walk-on).

• Like 1