Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CGFan2017

Center Grove to Add New Score Board with Bigger Jumbotron

On 6/18/2018 at 10:48 AM, Muda69 said:

Unlike most here I don't compulsively refresh the forums dozens of times a day, looking for new topics and replies.

Says the guy with 15,761 posts.

2 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Says the guy with 15,761 posts.

Spread out over probably 10 years.   The equates to about 4.3 posts a day.

Just now, Muda69 said:

Spread out over probably 10 years.   The equates to about 4.3 posts a day.

True.

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So no need for elected school boards,  the educational professionals can spend it all the taxpayer money as they see fit.

Whats an elected school board?    

:17_v:

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Whats an elected school board?    

:17_v:

I knew that was coming.  Should have added "or politically appointed".

21 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Because it shines as a beacon of wasted taxpayer dollars to other municipalities and school boards, who might get similar notions.

You are really grasping now Muda.....I think you are safe of that risk in your county....and you know it.

35 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I knew that was coming.  Should have added "or politically appointed".

Are there any politically appointed school boards anymore?

Sad but true fact, Tim Durham, yea that Tim Durham, was responsible for Seymour having an elected school board. It was he and Tom Haley's summer project one year in law school in the mid-80's. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So "thriving" equals spending over $300,000 on electronic signage.   And I still fail to see how such an extravagance fits into the Center Grove Community School Corporation's mission and vision statements.

I'm a little bummed at your disappointment in the investment....is this why you didn't show up at the Student Activity Center opening??

https://goo.gl/images/F6yiAK

https://goo.gl/images/1gGL74

Edited by Trojan Dad

4 hours ago, bobref said:

You fail, but obviously they don’t. I’d like to hear from @Trojan Dad and other CG faithful about the hue and cry being raised in the district over this extravagance... or not.

I've heard complaints about the Student Activity Center that was completed last year but not a peep about the scoreboard.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Grover said:

I've heard complaints about the Student Activity Center that was completed last year but not a peep about the scoreboard.

I concur...Lots of public weigh-in and documented support before the SAC was approved and constructed.  Much more vetting as the SAC was a much bigger project.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Trojan Dad said:

I'm a little bummed at your disappointment in the investment....is this why you didn't show up at the Student Activity Center opening??

https://goo.gl/images/F6yiAK

https://goo.gl/images/1gGL74

I didn't have the $ for gas for the drive after paying my property tax installment.

41 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Are there any politically appointed school boards anymore?

http://www.neola.com/rensselaer-in/

Section 0142:

Members shall be qualified and appointed in accordance with the Corporation's Reorganization Plan adopted in 1959. 

Section 0142.3:

A vacancy shall be filled by the remaining members of the Board within thirty (30) days after the vacancy occurs. If a tie vote occurs among the remaining members of the Board or between candidates for the Board under I.C. 3-12-9-4, or the remaining members of the remaining Board members fail to fill a vacancy on the Board within thirty (30) days after any vacancy occurs, the judge of the circuit court shall make an appointment to fill the vacancy. (I.C. 20-23-4-30(d)(1) & (2))

Who is watching the Watchmen?

37 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I didn't have the $ for gas for the drive after paying my property tax installment.

I figured you and your ultralight backpack would have just hiked over. You know ounces equal pounds, pounds equal pain, or something to that effect.  

2 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I figured you and your ultralight backpack would have just hiked over. You know ounces equal pounds, pounds equal pain, or something to that effect.  

Yeah, I could have.  But I had to sell the ultralight backpack to pay my property taxes.

On 6/20/2018 at 8:40 AM, Muda69 said:

Yeah, I'm a failure in pretty much everything.   Wish I could be a successful as you, or everybody that lives within the Center Grove school district where throwing taxpayer money away for $300,000 in signs is viewed as normal.

Why do you care so much?

13 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Why do you care so much?

If you would have read this thread I posted that earlier:  "It is my job as a citizen to question and challenge the decisions of elected officials, no matter where they reside.  Do you blindly trust yours?"

• Downvote 1