Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ltown

Bryan Hughes

This could get ugly if the things I am hearing are true. 

Everything that I have heard I would put in the no big deal category.

Being forced into retirement is kind of a big deal. Why would a school employee be forced to retire? School trying to protect itself is what it sounds like to me. 

Nah. Married coach has affair with a married woman. Not even the National Enquirer could come up a headline for that these days.

Cheating on your wife doesn't get you fired.

So who replaces him? Hard act to follow, whoever it is will probably not live up to the expectations. 

I can't imagine this was a planned retirement. If it had been, I would have expected Mark Rorher to make a run at it rather than the Southridge job. As far as who replaces him, my vote would go to Dean Scott. Coach Scott has 15 years of experience as Hughes' #1 assistant, the system is already in place, and this year's team is loaded for another state title run. 

Well it looks like it's Josh Thompson from Vincennes former Wood Memorial coach. I  don't think it's a good hire but we will see...

Wow...I didnt see this one coming. I tend to agree with Ltown. We shall see...

Barr Reeve must have been attracted to that 27-25 record the past two seasons.

Or the fact that over the years they beat teams coached by him by an average of 21 points.

It's a well known fact he's friends with the AD, principal, and school board president. I assume that's how he got the job. 

Posted (edited)

Thompson was a good hire. He's a good coach. Lincoln routinely beat very good competition, especially last year. They did play pretty bi-polar. His system was a lot different from Hein's and he wanted to play the kids his way. He sure got the most out of them on the defensive end. VL was getting away from certain things bball wise during Heins reign and adequate fundamentals for bigs, etc that needed to be there weren't. 

When Lincoln was on they were pretty good but consistency was off and on all year. 

Went from kids dribble driving for years to something completely different so of course an adjustment period was going to be there.

VL looked very, very good this summer on the hardwood with Thompson. 

Edited by Big8Football